It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The strange patient in the ER

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If you look at that log, you'll see it's basically a date, time, address, and brief description. It is a dispatch log, if you will, and does not contain the entire report. So there would be no reason to erase an entry there.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jemison

I would think it was reported because they would have been transported in an ambulance by the sounds of his story, and police would be called to the scene. I'd go more for it being erased, but only if his story was truthful.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by garyo1954

Sorry it took me so long to see your question posed to me. (I'm not very good as a multi-tasker.
)

If we assume at this point that boulderMD is telling the truth, with maybe a few red herrings thrown in to protect the patient's rights, the only motivation I can see is one of validation.

(Red herrings could be the accident location, dates, number of people involved, used out of fear these would be used to ID the victim/patient.)

A person trained in science, which medicine is a strong branch of, have a pretty narrow viewpoint towards fringe ideas most of the time. It seems to come with the territory. He must have felt that he was losing his marbles.

So where does he turn? Worry for a career would prevent him from discussing this with another doctor, and probably any close friends. He would worry that word could start to circulate that he was nuttier than a three layer fruitcake.

In this day and age, googling paranormal gives a host of hits, and I'm sure ATS is right up there around the top. At this juncture, still assuming this was all a true account, BMD comes to ATS and blurts out his tale, as he's spent the last few days going over it in his mind. Hoping somebody can "verify" that such things do happen in a sane and rational world.

(He could have even spent time going over just how he would present this to others so as to sound rational while describing an entirely irration subject. This might even explain why the story sounded rehearsed yet stiff.)

Sadly, instead of finding peace of mind, he gets hammered and vilified. Deciding he's taken the wrong road here, he clams up except for some desire to clear his name, because he's now dealing not only with self doubt about his own views of the world, but he has added to that a lot of anger at being called a liar and charlatan.

Now I'm just answering your question and pointing out what might have been going on here.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
To erase something out of a dispatch log wouldn't make sense.

The log doesn't show an accident. A reporter who checked the hospital and the police department couldn't find anything.

The question is, who do we believe?

It seems unreasonable to question the integrity of the dispatcher, police department, and a reporter without some verifiable evidence.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet
reply to post by garyo1954

Thanks.
BoulderMD said the incident was at night, and the date seemed to be may 31st, on the Diagonal highway. If nothing matches that time frame, we can't verify his story (unless it was removed).

First what is to say the police were involved in this? ER gets people all the time where there is no police report... What says he was transported there by ambulance? Scalp Lac could have been on foot for all we know...the hospital is less than a mile away from the Diagonal highway.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Scalp Lac could have been on foot for all we know...the hospital is less than a mile away from the Diagonal highway.

That's true. But the OP mentioned that he received word that multiple victims would be arriving at the hospital ... generally, someone walking to the hospital wouldn't call ahead to make reservations.

Jemison

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

First what is to say the police were involved in this? ER gets people all the time where there is no police report... What says he was transported there by ambulance? Scalp Lac could have been on foot for all we know...the hospital is less than a mile away from the Diagonal highway.

-Kdial1

I don't know about procedure at this ER where the Dr. works, but at the one where I worked, if people came in and said they were in an auto accident that included injuries, and if they indicated that they had not called the police, by law we had to.

Also, people can't get reimbursed from their insurance company if they don't have a police report and an ER or physician report.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jemison

That's true. But the OP mentioned that he received word that multiple victims would be arriving at the hospital ... generally, someone walking to the hospital wouldn't call ahead to make reservations.

Jemison

Scalp Lac was running as fast as he could toward Diagonal Highway tirelessly trying to get away from his captors or so called "trainers" Finally he reached diagonal highway and stopped in the middle, waiting to be put out of his misery for he could not take anymore of the imagery. As he watched a the faint glow of headlights grow more bright he thought "Finally, I am going to be set free" Just as the 1989 Chevy Z71 was going to hit him he felt hands grab both arms the squeel of tires was upon them. When Scalp lac awoke he was in the ER.

Hope that helps if you are a writer

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan

I don't know about procedure at this ER where the Dr. works, but at the one where I worked, if people came in and said they were in an auto accident that included injuries, and if they indicated that they had not called the police, by law we had to.

Also, people can't get reimbursed from their insurance company if they don't have a police report and an ER or physician report.

Key word there is Auto Accident

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Key word there is Auto Accident

That is true, but didn't he also say there were multiple injuries? Even if he was on foot, something that would have involved multiple injuries would probably have the police involved.

edit to fix quote.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Enthralled Fan]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

NG, I agree with what you on these points. There is certain indications that he has thrown red herrings at us.

But then how did he expect anyone to verify what he was saying if he was posting information that would throw us off track?

A person steeped in science would assume a Joe Friday stance, "Just the facts, ma'am." And in my mind, he would carry out that stance in his posting.

Although I would like to hear the rest of the story, we have to admit there is no way anyone can assure MD that he won't be called a hoaxer. Sad, but true.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Oops! Just noticed someone has already mentioned this.

MD says they got a 'heads up.'

That tells us they were notified before the victims arrived. Either they heard on the scanner, it was radioed ahead, or phoned in.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736

Hoping somebody can "verify" that such things do happen in a sane and rational world.

The "verify" part is the clincher and the main problem.

Anybody who can verify, certainly wouldn't!

The closest I've come to webpage articles (in my previous post) to "verify" that such things do happen is strewn with more misleading topics that render it useless. The author tied together a plethora of fringe theories - and though the yarn he spun does contain elements I can verify with only my word (no proofs) - overall the entire ball of yarn he spun was thoroughly contaminated by untruths. Further, I think people who sell those conspiracy books have an agenda - and truth isn't part of it.

And last, since you said the doctor cannot reply to member's U2U - the entire communication stream is thoroughly disrupted.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

And last, since you said the doctor cannot reply to member's U2U - the entire communication stream is thoroughly disrupted.

This is sadly true. Yet, that very precaution keeps the spammers from getting on and sending everyone a $50.00 code word to take a ride on a real flying saucer for only $299.95 less coded rebate, a chance of a lifetime! I'm sure most of us wouldn't enjoy that.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

We're dealing with two ideas of 'verification' I believe. Both of which are correct depending on the context.

The first verification is to answer the question 'do these things occur?' That being in the context that Scalp Lac upset his comfort zone. And my answer from personal experience is 'yes.' I know an individual who refuses to shake hands because that person 'receives feelings.'

The second verification is with respect to evidence of the actual events. On that, there is plenty of conjecture, but no solid evidence. And when we look at the evidence he offered, and encouraged us to verify, it appears paper thin. If one encourages us to verify, and we do, how can that person be offended?

As many posters have already pointed out:

He uses medical terms easily found with a search on the net.
(Would doctors would use those terms speaking to laymen?)

Why is his position so important to the telling of this event?
(Would it not be better and safer to say what you want to say upfront?)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954
reply to post by NGC2736

But then how did he expect anyone to verify what he was saying if he was posting information that would throw us off track?

He was looking for SUPPORT! Someone to help him know he isn't crazy. He never expected the Spanish Inquisition (no one expects the Spanish Inquisition...couldn't resist).

On a larger scale, I am really disappointed in ATS on the whole with this BoulderMD thing. I even saw a Mod congratulate this group of miscreants in the original thread for showing what ATS is about. What a joke. The only thing I saw was a bunch of small minded (and most likely other body parts as well) people attacking a new member. A NEW MEMBER! One who contributed to the conversation here. Not contributed with jeers or attacks or speculation, but contributed a topic that some were interested in apparently.

How far have we fallen folks? The original thread was a joke not because of the OP or his story, but because of the reaction of all these people needing so desperately for it to not be true or for there to be no way that this guy could be a Dr. or for whatever small pride they would feel for being the "thread killer"! All hail the debunkers. Maybe some of us wanted to see this play out.

ATS has fallen in my eyes. Not just with this thread, mind you. This thread is just the straw that broke the back. How about this - How about you debunkers go start your own threads specifically to debunk the thread we all want to see without all your ridiculousness mixed into them?

How about "Deny Speculation". How about "Deny Idiocy". Get it together, people.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by deluded

reply to post by NGC2736

Maybe some of us wanted to see this play out.

Wasn't aware some members took this board, ATS, as their personal play ground. Please point me to the direction where I can find a site where "serious" discussions on such topics can be had without others going there to "play" for their "amusement.

ATS has fallen in my eyes. Not just with this thread, mind you. This thread is just the straw that broke the back. How about this - How about you debunkers go start your own threads specifically to debunk the thread we all want to see without all your ridiculousness mixed into them?

How about "Deny Speculation". How about "Deny Idiocy". Get it together, people.

With so much information being readily available, it's "very" difficult to siphon through what is legit or even remotely possible without "hoaxers" making a mockery of what others may view as "real" in their minds.

So to counter the "mixed" messages and "info" the "masses" will get unsettled and "expect" others to be forthcoming and expect not to be "played"

By all means.. enjoy your form of entertainment.. just please not at the expense of those seeking a "truth".

[edit on 6-6-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

We're dealing with two ideas of 'verification' I believe.
The first verification is to answer the question 'do these things occur?' That being in the context that Scalp Lac upset his comfort zone.
The second verification is with respect to evidence of the actual events.

QUOTE from the doctor's own concluding paragraph: "Has anyone had anything like this happen to them? If so, is it verifiable?"

The way you state it, I'd have to add a third idea of 'verification'.
Do these things (telepathy, clairvoyance, precognition ... MIBs in grey suits ... etc.) exist?

Yes, they certainly do exist in various forms. No Doctor, you are not crazy at all.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
just my 50 cents....

I've been battling a foreign born parasite for the last four years.

At least 80% of the doctors I have been to are no more intelligent or medically qualified to treat me then I am myself. I mean....last time I was in an ER it took the nurse 4 tries to hit my vein for the IV (and my veins are SUPER easy to hit, to the point that nurses usually tease me for it saying I would make a great junky!!).

I think some of you are forgetting the obvious - there are "less intelligent" people in all walks of life. Just because someones name is John Doe, MD....does not necissarily mean that this guy is a General Hospital top shot doctor. How long has he worked in his particular ER?

And am I the only person who got the vibe BoulderMD is a female? I don't know why, but I would put my money on the sexes of the story being reversed for anonymous safety. That is, of course, if this is a true story.

Honestly though -

If this is fake....what the hell is wrong with people? This is supposed to be an educational, informative, progressive and positive site to help learn and either expose or debunk the great mysteries of our lifetime (and past lifetimes!). The more time I spend on ATS the more I start to think that it's filled with World of Warcraft junkies who never go outside, thus posting fake stories and rants to get attention from fellow x-files fanatics.

I mean is no one else offended at the high amount of meaningless posts and responses? I thought this was supposed to be a positive educational means of debating and exchanging facts/knowledge. And yet all this site is, is a bunch of lies and arguements about religions and false predictions. Don't use this as a means to make yourself be the great predictor and savior of the end times. Go to youtube, or blogger.com for something like that.

If ATS as a community does not do something to make this more of a mature, REALISTIC, logic, and respect driving means of discussion, you are going to have no results on any of your discussions.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

I think it's reasonable to assume he would throw in some things so the person's including himself, could not be indentified. However in his case, he seemed to supply enough leads indicating he wanted us to check on things to verify his story.

When he said this patient disturbed him, did he mean the personal things he said or one of the predictions? I can understand this would be a very disturbing experience (if true). It's quite shocking when somebody reveals things to you, that you believed were private, particularly when he appeared to answer his thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join