It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama About to Swing FAR to the Right

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Here's a thought...

The Democratic Party has been overtaken by the far left. Obama recognized this early, and knew to get the nomination he'd have to win the far left wing of the party. This is the MoveOn.org crowd that Hillary dissed.

Now that he's the nominee, he's going to swing so far to the right it's going to make your head spin. He might even start to praise Ronald Reagan again. In fact, I'd look for repeated instances in which Obama and his campaign attempt to link Obama to Reagan.

This will be fun to watch.

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jamie83

Don't expect the "swing" too soon. But one would be wise to keep in mind that politics is a circle. The extreme left and right meet at exactly the opposite point of moderates. Obama could certainly wind up being the last step to outright fascism in America.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I agree! Now that Hillary Wrongam Clinton is out of the way there is a vacuum to fill. Mainly, overweight under-educated unemployed welfare moms. Of course a lot of these are the "white" trash ones, because a lot of the "black" ones were already voting for Obama. And lets not forget elderly "ma n' pa" Democrats who still don't fully realize what the Democrats have become (liberal gay marriage-abortion-global warming-elitists). Many of these older rural Democrats still think the Democratic party represents the "little guy" when if you look closer, you see that their power-base lies in elitist (how many hollywood actors/actresses support the Republicans mind you?). Anyway, a few of these people I personally know as rural Iowa farmers. Get this: I work with some hardcore rural "Democrats" and they say they will NEVER elect a black OR a woman to office! I thought Republicans were supposed to be racists?

Of course, if anyone knows me at all, I tend to swing "Right" (not extreme Right, but....Right). We have McCain, but he sucks (too liberal). Democrats have Obama (but he sucks because he's too....liberal for most of the rural Democrats). NOBODY seems really thrilled about their candidate (except those who are too feeble-minded to really understand WHY they like him....other than the fact he speaks so "eloquently" or has managed to suppress the publicity on his previously poor voting record for Conservatives). I suppose feeble-minded is the wrong choice of words. Its more along the lines of being uninformed or "ignorant".

I think there is enough suppressed "racism" in this country (Democrats and Republicans both) that there is not as good a chance as a lot of people think of Obama being elected. I also think that if Obama wants to be elected, he will pick John Edwards as his running mate to get this ---rural Democrat/baby-making white welfare mom--- Democratic base to vote for him. If he picks Hillary, he might as well hang it up. The Clintons will simply have him assassinated after the election! Most Clinton supporters I know will NOT vote for Obama simply because he's black. Others yet don't like his Muslim background or his lack of experience. One Democrat I know will not vote for him because he doesn't want to elect a President with "mickey mouse-dumbo ears and a little nugget head".

[edit on 5-6-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
His blatent shifting on issues and inability to take a stand on anything should be big Red Flags to most everyone who is not impressionable and/or naive.

I still can't believe we're even considering him for President of the USA. Only bleeding-heart people subject to emotional manipulation and not logic where politics are concerned would allow this to happen.

It's us who are not swayed by emotion and key in logic that have to educate everyone about it. It's too bad more people weren't logical.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"Mainly, overweight under-educated unemployed welfare moms."

nice generalization there, friend....
now, let me explain to you why I was kind of hoping hillary would get the ticket....even though I wouldn't vote for either of them.
hillary lost my vote when I found out that her healthcare plan would require everybody to get insurance...when many of those who don't have insurance don't have simply because it's too danged expensive....I have little faith anything would be done to get the insurance more affordable for those people, so thus, she is deciding for them between healthcare and food, or shelter, or whatever...but she is making that hard decision for them all, irregardless of the individual circumstances and for some, it would be the wrong decision and people would be in worse shape.

obama on the other hand gave me the impression that he would rush into withdrawal from Iraq. I'm all for a speedy withdrawal from the country, but I want them to at least take the time to ensure that our people are safely withdrawing. we could lose more people in a willy nilly withdrawal than we have throughout the entire war! so, well....given the choice between the possibility of some here being hurt here with hillary's healthcare plan and the possibility of the mass killings of our servicemen during a hasty, unplanned retreat.....I chose the less of the two evils...hillary, might have even voted for her in the election.
but well....now I am looking at mc cain and thinking, maybe he wouldn't be that bad after all. I don't think he will do to the servicemen and vets what the bush administration has done, he'll be more inclined to take their needs seriously. t he economy is gonna be crap no matter who gets in, and well, this is all a republican mess anyways, why not let them stay in office and when the full repercussions of bush's policies hit us, well....they can take the heat.

but, I assure you, I am married to a hillary hating working man, work myself, I am not fat, have an associate's degree, and I am not on welfare. and....I am not racist.

but the choice in this election was between frick, frack, and fickle....there is NO GOOD CHOICE!

so, please, people, vote for Mickey Mouse and urge you friends to, I want both parties to eat a nice chunk of humble pie as they sit down and try to figure out just how we swear in a cartoon character because we just don't like the people that they have put up for us to elect!

join