It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am pretty sure I could fly

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I fly in most of my dreams. I just decide to lift off and away I go. Once I was on the ground and as if I lifted my head up, I was above the earth looking down. That one frightened me and I woke up.

I fly about back in the city where I was born and grew up in. This is most enjoyable to fly over the old neighborhood and see the things I so loved back than.

Other times I fly above lush green landscape with unknown buildings and clear blue skies. There was one where I flew over a stone laid harbor with crystal clear blueish/green water. It looked like a european sea port like the greeks had.

Sometimes I am afraid of falling back to earth when flying in cities with buildings all around. I end up grabbing onto a roof or rain gutter and hang on, afraid to fall back to the ground.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
I have made a promise that I would never ask anyone on ATS for proof, only for their source. I'm making an exception in this one incident, only because it can be dealt with in a safe and timely manner.

Get a video camera, take some super vitamins and chase them down with a few energy drinks. Turn the camera on, walk out in front of it and start flapping your arms, faster and FASTER.

You have to share the video results with us though. We deserve that much.

As I was reading this post the only image going through my head was that Subservient Chicken gimmick from BK a few years back.

Seriously though, I'm a lucid dreamer and I fly in my dreams on a fairly regular basis. It's a blast and it feels very real. However, I have never confused this type of dream with reality.

Please exercise caution before you do anything foolish. Especially since you're prone to sleepwalking.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Whilst i severly doubt this there is an easy way to settle things. Place a camera in your house outside your bedroom door, motion activated and see what happens. Personally i think you'll just find yourself walking around.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
reply to post by xSMOKING_GUNx

But you are not flying in the physical world lol. It's just an amazing lucid dream.

[edit on 2-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

You know, deep down inside I think I know that I am not realy flying, it all just seems so real.

Because I have a degree of control, I would like to try and understand the dreams a little better so I could control them more.

I have heard and read a great deal about OOBE and the reality of it, so if this is what that is I want to find ways of pushing the boundary a little more.

Although my experience sounds a bit funny, I dont mind the jokes at all but also want to learn more on the subject too.

Thanks again for reading.

Regards to all S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I'm sorry, but it's threads such as this which are rapidly turning me off ATS.

When I first found ATS 5 years ago it was a place for intelligent discussion. Now someone who by their own admission is a heavy dreamer, believes they can fly when they sleepwalk, and not only do others take that claim seriously enough to respond, the author himself/herself hasn't even taken the time to sit down and consider the situation in a realistic fashion before posting here.

Infact, posts such as the first in this thread sometimes make me wonder if the author is not guilty of deliberately 'stirring the pot', as obviously they are educated to a good enough standard to construct a decent piece of text - yet seemingly completely incapable of realistic straightforward thinking, which just doesn't fit.

Sorry for the rant, but such nonsense as this flying story seems to be getting more and more common - and acceptable - on ATS. C'mon people, deny ignorance....and that meansyour own ignorance, as well as the ignorance of others.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Why is it that people who believe they can fly, jump off tall buildings and die. Rather than try to take off like a plane from the ground ?

And yes it does sound like a Lucid Dream to me.. OBE's are far more intense then you've described..

Peace...

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I have similer dreams, though I know I cant fly when awake.

When I dream about flying, its not flying.. persey. I dream that I run, jump, glide and fall a little. It takes time to figure out how to glide back up when I fall but eventually in every dream I manage. Dont know if it means I can or cant, but im not about ready to try it.

On a side note, I "HAVE" hovered in my sleep.. I dont do it anymore but it has happened before. I wasnt dreaming or anything that night, just a black sleep. Buuut, my father came in and started screaming, when I woke I fell.. hard and far. Apparently I had been in the air for 3 mins to his knowledge, but thats the best I have to go on. I trust my dad not to scream at nothing.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've had a lot of flying dreams too. When I'm there in the dream, it feels so real. I even remember getting more scared as I decided to go higher because I was afraid of falling. Once I had a dream where it was the end of the world and aliens were attacking. The was fire everywhere but I knew I could help my family so I decided to fly a little bit to convince them, and it did lol. But even though my flying dreams are fun and feel realistic, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to fly in real life.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Something you mentioned reminded me of something I read in another thread not too long ago. I also wanted to share my only sleepwalking experience and some of my thoughts on lucid dreaming.

Funny, with all this talk about Stan Romanek's video and the complex equations that allegedly came from dreams, I was thinking about this already.

When I was about 6 years old, I had a dream. That's the only term I can think of for it, but I've never experienced anything remotely similar, before or since. It wasn't a "scenario" of any kind, where I perceived myself doing something or moving around observing things. It was like a revelation. Like being fed volumes and volumes of info. Now you'll laugh: the info was about building a rocketship. I don't remember any of it, except for fleeting glimpses of diagrams and what the thing was supposed to look like when completed. The thing I do remember, is the feeling of compulsion - the urgency in which I acted - I couldn't wait 'til I was awake, I had to act NOW! I don't know if I did anything else between then and waking up, but I woke up in my parents' room, where I had been desperately, emphatically shaking my dad, asking him for some nails.

I won't dismiss the idea that I may have been the accidental recipient of a message meant for someone else. I've always been rooted in reality, never seen a ghost or UFO, but something about that night will always stand out in my head as being extra weird.

Flying dreams. I've seen a lot of talk around here lately that flying dreams are actually OBEs. I didn't really go along with that because I would often dream of flying around places that didn't really exist, or places that did, but looked differently in reality. Then I realized that was because I was dreaming and having an OBE. Not entirely unlike the open-eyed dreams the OP mentions.

I think that it's possible to have flying dreams that are "just dreams" - but I'm kinda moving away from dismissing any dream as such. My current theory is that when you lucid dream, you 'visit a plane' shared with others that are also lucid dreaming. There seems to be special physics there that put limits on the almost unlimited number of things you can do in those dreams.

XSmoking_GunX, is your dad available for comment? Think he'd remember seeing you fly down the stairs? Maybe he might remember you doing other weird things!

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Whilst i severly doubt this there is an easy way to settle things. Place a camera in your house outside your bedroom door, motion activated and see what happens. Personally i think you'll just find yourself walking around.

I expect you are right, but I don't have the relevant technology or cash flow to set something like that up.

Although it does prove an interesting idea, who knows, maybe I will be able to at some point in the future.

Originally posted by runetang
It's the dang Christians man..

and the Jews...

They are destroying ATS with this crap man!

*huff* *puff*

Me? Neither my friend sorry.

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS

sometimes make me wonder if the author is not guilty of deliberately 'stirring the pot', as obviously they are educated to a good enough standard to construct a decent piece of text

Sorry for the rant, but such nonsense as this flying story seems to be getting more and more common - and acceptable - on ATS. C'mon people, deny ignorance....and that meansyour own ignorance, as well as the ignorance of others.

You are quite entitled to rant, so don't worry about that.

There are plenty of people here who have a deep interest in dreams and their true place in reality, these are the people I have been addressing, if you don't like it just move on to a thread you do.

Thanks for the educated compliment
and I assure you I am not stirring the pot.

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
Why is it that people who believe they can fly, jump off tall buildings and die. Rather than try to take off like a plane from the ground ?

And yes it does sound like a Lucid Dream to me.. OBE's are far more intense then you've described..

No fear! I wont be jumping off any buildings any time soon!

My dreams maybe a little stupid, but I am not (totally).

Originally posted by The Bear Man
On a side note, I "HAVE" hovered in my sleep.. I dont do it anymore but it has happened before. I wasnt dreaming or anything that night, just a black sleep. Buuut, my father came in and started screaming, when I woke I fell.. hard and far. Apparently I had been in the air for 3 mins to his knowledge, but thats the best I have to go on. I trust my dad not to scream at nothing.

Interesting, sounds like some sort of levitation.

Originally posted by Sparkly_Eyed777
I've had a lot of flying dreams too. When I'm there in the dream, it feels so real. I even remember getting more scared as I decided to go higher because I was afraid of falling.

Sounds extremely similar, so maybe I am not the only one?

Originally posted by Teratoma

Flying dreams. I've seen a lot of talk around here lately that flying dreams are actually OBEs. I didn't really go along with that because I would often dream of flying around places that didn't really exist, or places that did, but looked differently in reality. Then I realized that was because I was dreaming and having an OBE. Not entirely unlike the open-eyed dreams the OP mentions.

I think that it's possible to have flying dreams that are "just dreams" - but I'm kinda moving away from dismissing any dream as such. My current theory is that when you lucid dream, you 'visit a plane' shared with others that are also lucid dreaming. There seems to be special physics there that put limits on the almost unlimited number of things you can do in those dreams.

XSmoking_GunX, is your dad available for comment? Think he'd remember seeing you fly down the stairs? Maybe he might remember you doing other weird things!

Now this is what I have been thinking about.

The totally real feelings in the dream state make me want to think that there could possibly be something real about it.

And I like the idea of visiting a plane shared with others although I have tried to communicate without any real success, I am leaning towards lucid dreaming maybe sometimes around the house with my eyes open.

No, my Dad unfortunately will not use ATS although he is open minded, he does remember the night, and a subsequent night when I cleared the stairs in two bounds putting a small hole in the ceiling as I tried to swipe at a dream dragon, amongst others.

Regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey there xSmokingGunx

I have lucid dreamed regularly since I was a young child, now I lucid dream most nights... I hope I can help explain a few things.

When I first started flying in my lucid dreams I could only manage to hover a few feet off the ground, like yourself, what I think is holding you back from flying higher and faster is your fear. You need to experience falling out of the sky and hitting the ground, yes this experience will be upsetting, however what you will find will happen is that when you hit the ground it will be like falling onto a trampoline... you will bounce up and down off the ground... much like neo's 1st jump attempt in the 1st Matrix film.

You will only learn from your mistakes, most importantly you have to let go of fear... this will hold back your development in the lucid dreaming state.

With regards to flying in real life, I'm not sure... physics of the real world make it very difficult to fly in your physical body.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resentedhalo08

You will only learn from your mistakes, most importantly you have to let go of fear... this will hold back your development in the lucid dreaming state.

Thanks for the advice, I have had lots of fearful moments in dreams over the years, I will have to work on it although I find I only have a limited amount of dreams that I can take complete control in.

Kind regards S_G

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I think you were dreaming, sleepwalked, fell down your stairs, and you hit your head SO hard that you thought you could fly when you woke up.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Dinnj

Think I would have noticed a bump on my head?

Im sure stranger things have happend though my friend

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

No, my Dad unfortunately will not use ATS although he is open minded, he does remember the night, and a subsequent night when I cleared the stairs in two bounds putting a small hole in the ceiling as I tried to swipe at a dream dragon, amongst others.

Regards S_G

Well, I didn't mean ask him to join, I just thought you could ask him yourself, and then report anything interesting back to us.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The possibility of real dream flight over dreamed real flight is not impossible for the mind to conjure. The mortal experience maybe just a dream for an intellegiance that can fly about and travel untethered of gravity. So if this intellegiance can, so can the mortal in another reference.

The stories we hear and read confirm there is something beyond our senses operating at times that break our scripted existance and cause our fixed gaze to wonder into the unbelievable realm of dream.

Theres a story from new york where a girl was floated from here highrise apartment. There were people below who witessed it.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Starred and flagged. This is likely your astral body, or higher self taking you on a journey. It is the TRUE us. The rare times we get to experience through its perception are remarkable. It is not bound by the limitations of this "reality" whatsoever. And these experiences are stunningly profound.

The REAL you CAN fly.

posted on Jun, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx

The reason I feel there is more to this ideal than just a dream is that I believe that whilst sleepwalking I have propelled myself around the house and outside, sometimes I have woken up after landing stood at the top or bottom of the stairs and I remember dreaming that I flew up or down the stars without touching them, along corridors as well, the strangest thing was in my earliest memory of this weird happening when I was very young; I was having a similar dream about flying down the stairs in the house I grew up in when my Dad woke me up I was stood at the bottom of the stairs and he told me that he thought he saw me out of the corner of his eye jumping from the top of the staircase to the bottom only it seemed to him to be in slow motion.

It is all a little beyond me really and I have often wondered if anyone else has similar experiences, I don't mind if you want to have a laugh at this explanation but I would appreciate any serious thoughts too, maybe it is an OOBE that I cant quite get to grips with or maybe it is just a dream, hopefully with some sort of meaning.

What if I can fly. What if we can all fly?

Anyway thanks for reading and regards S_G

I used to dream of jumping down the stairs in my grandmother's house where my family lived for a time. I would frequently dream of jumping down the stairs (more of a levitation than a fall) and land at the bottom... I've always been intrigued with the power of dreams, how our senses, from sight, to taste, to complex tactile sensations can be experienced in an entirely artificial reality... It goes to show you that the mind can create experience from almost nothing, almost as though the reality we live in now could merely be a collective dream, each mind filling in the gaps of reality so-to-speak...

I've also had those typical "falling off a cliff dreams" where, as rumor has it, you die if you hit the ground in one of those, its obviously not true. In my dream I landed after the terrifying fall and looked around before saying "That was cool, I want to do that again."

Anyway SMOKING GUN I would ask people you know to see if they have any weird stories of you sleeping, ideally you could surrender yourself to a sleep study where, if these strange events are more than simple dreaming, the scientists would know... It sounds a bit like out of body or remote viewing too but likely is just the power of dreaming, dreams are incredible, almost otherworldly in and of themselves...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join