It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

31,000 Scientists sign petition denying man-made global warming

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's human nature to believe that everything that goes on with the universe is our fault or we had a hand in it!

I think as men, we like to think we're gods and that the Planet is ultimately dead without us.

All I want to ask is, is anything that is happening now, never happened in the past, if not on a much larger scale?

I mean of the 4-5 major extinctions on the planet, what could have caused those? What's with all the Ice Ages?

I think Humans got lucky on this planet with the lull of planetary climate change, like we were given a chance to survive unhindered by nature.

We think it's us because we don't know any better and we haven't been around long at all. I don't believe in Global Warming, I believe there is Climate Change, but I also believe that what we're experiencing now is just a natural part of the planet's evolution, sort of the inevitable. We need to focus on making it through it and not on how we can fix it.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Even IF we were not responsible for global warming, the fact is that places with higher emissions levels also have higher incidences of respiratory diseases because it is not good for us as humans. We are responsible for that, and we should do something about it.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Finally the scientific community is beginning to WAKE UP to what we have been saying and gathering solid evidence against for years.

One more nail in the coffin of this ridiculous global warming propaganda.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flory

Here is your answer:

The earth�s surface absorbs visible radiation from the sun, which causes heating. At the same time the surface and the atmosphere emit infrared radiation back to space, which produces cooling. Our eyes cannot see infrared radiation but we can feel how our skin absorbs it when we are standing next to a hot object without touching it. Over a long period the earth�s surface temperature will remain approximately constant because the amount of heat absorbed as visible light is equal to the amount emitted as infrared light.

you may just want to try offering the article posted and link to the external source flory, they frown on that sort of thing here.

- Con

[edit on 1-6-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I'm also wondering what defines a "scientist" in their terms. I'm not questioning this because I'm a global warming supporter (I'm still undecided when it comes to this issue), but im wondering because out of those 31000 only 9000 have a Ph'd. Are they classifying people with masters degree as scientists too or something? Seems like quite a lax criteria.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
It's human nature to believe that everything that goes on with the universe is our fault or we had a hand in it!

I'm going to have to disagree with you.

If it were human nature to believe that all occurrences are our doing, then we would have never invented the idea of a god to justify everything else.

The whole idea of "god did it", or "It's gods plan", exists because we often can't come to terms with the fact that it was in fact us that had the error.
Instead, we often push our mistakes aside, and claim it was some divine plan, and wasn't a mistake at all.

I think the major error we are making here is, we are looking for something or someone to blame. Either nature, or man... nothing in between. One or the other.

Thats not the way reality works!

Yes, we are due for a natural cycle in about 1,800 years (I think thats the trend found.).

But I believe we accelerated and amplified what would have been a survivable natural trend, into something that might just do allot more damage than we can afford.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Yarcofin

You do understand that they are not saying that global warming is not happening right? Global warming IS taking place, quickly, right before our eyes. The scientists are agreeing that it is not human activity that is the cause.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
How politically incorrect of them... shame, slap them on their tenures... Being Green is a movement. Whether it has any basis in fact is irrelevant (to those in the movement) and to the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
AMEN

I have been saying this since I first signed up here.

Global Warming is a crock. Algore is a money hungry hedge fund manager. Who has invested in hundreds of start up companies all bent on profiting from green causes. Don't believe the hype. ALGORE is a completely wrong.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
ah, so if its all a farce and there is no global warming then i dont have to worry about living on a planet full of our garbage and chemicals, is that it? We can just go back to polluting our air and water and killing all other life?? Fact is, since humans came into ascendency, ALL other animal species have been rapidly declining, and the number of species moving to extinction is growing at an exponential and NOT natural rate.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 01:57 AM
link   
31,000 "scientists" cannot match the supreme intellect of Mr. Nobel Prize Winner AL GORE! How can one question the wisdom of the inventor of the internet?

Yes....of course I'm kidding!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
so what if global warming is a farce. Its still no excuse for us being irresponsible.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
The problem with the global warming thing is it gives the whole "wanting to pollute" group a "guilty or innocent" marker, and as long as its in debate they feel its ok to go on polluting and destroying all they want. Forget for a moment the whole global warming thing. There is a 7500 sqft dead zone at the mouth of the mississippi river where nothing can grow or live in the ocean. There is a mass 3x the size of texas of garbage in the pacific. Our fish are dying our food is poisoned and our water is dirty and nigh undrinkable. THESE are perfect reasons for any reasonable person to limit our destruction even without the whole global warming thing.

Amen!

Electric vehicles on the streets would eliminate smog and help reduce diseases like asthma, lung cancer, etc.

"Clean Air for the win" to summarize it.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

I agree. We shouldn't dump oil down storm drains, dispose of spent nuclear fuel rods in trailer parks, or burn coal in thousands of power-plants "1800's" style like they do in China and Russia. But buying a hybrid fuel vehicle and counting "carbon footprints"? Now THAT is a farce.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   
i dont go for the buying carbon points, but buying a hybrid is a start, though in all honesty, they could just as easily switch to hydrogen cars or something that makes no pollution and wastes no oil. But hey, everything starts small.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pexx421

Where do you think those batteries in those "hybrid" rollerskates end up when they are worn out finally? Is that really better for the environment? I DO agree with you on "starting small" and going from there. That is logical.

Lets do away with PETA and start harnessing the power of.....
Gerbils!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

I'd like to see some data that relates CO2 ppm per degree rise in global temperature. Anybody know of such a relationship?

Roughly speaking 1c rise per doubling of CO2

This, btw, is a sceptic blog

motls.blogspot.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pexx421
The problem with the global warming thing is it gives the whole "wanting to pollute" group a "guilty or innocent" marker, and as long as its in debate they feel its ok to go on polluting and destroying all they want. Forget for a moment the whole global warming thing. There is a 7500 sqft dead zone at the mouth of the mississippi river where nothing can grow or live in the ocean. There is a mass 3x the size of texas of garbage in the pacific. Our fish are dying our food is poisoned and our water is dirty and nigh undrinkable. THESE are perfect reasons for any reasonable person to limit our destruction even without the whole global warming thing.

Exactly, and the dead zones are partly due to Co2!

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I have yet to see one person say God did Global Warming...

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Flory

.. The theory that CO2 heats up the planet has NOT been verified in experiments. Only in models that have many variables.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join