It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Likens War Against Islamic Extremism To 'Fight Against Fascism'

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Bush Likens War Against Islamic Extremism To 'Fight Against Fascism'

rawstory.com

US President George W. Bush on Wednesday likened America's efforts to quell Islamic extremism in Iraq and Afghanistan to the US fight against fascism during World War II.

During the Second World War, "our nation faced evil men with territorial ambitions and totalitarian aims, who murdered the innocent to achieve their political objectives," Bush said at a commencement speech for new graduates of the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Honestly...I don't even know what to say anymore.

I often wonder if perhaps he's actually mocking this nation and the whole world when he gives these fallacy-riddled speeches of grandeur.

The irony of this individual talking about "evil men with territorial ambitions and totalitorian aims" is simply staggering. How many innocent people have now died for your LIAR-LIAR war now, Dubya? How many years have you now FORCED US to occupy Iraq? And how many more will you have us there for?

And coming from the "decider" who regularly spits in the face of this nation and is the most spy-happy civil liberties abusor since Adolph himself, does ANYBODY take a word about fascism that this guys spews even REMOTELY seriously?

I swear, every time I hear one of these speeches I feel like I've just slipped into some Twilight-Zone Reality where everything is twisted around and nothing that has happened is even remembered any more...

"Now, in the 21st century, our nation is once again contending with an ideology that seeks to sow anger and hatred and despair -- the ideology of Islamic extremism," said Bush, who earlier this month asked the US Congress for 70 billion dollars to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan into early next year, when his successor takes over.

Bush has said that the United States faces a "long struggle" on both fronts, but has insisted that "good progress" has been made in bringing democracy and stability to both war-ravaged countries.

"In today's struggle, we are once again facing evil men who despise freedom, and despise America, and aim to subject millions to their violent rule. And once again, our nation is called to defeat these adversaries -- and secure the peace for millions across the world.

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with the Decider on this one.Why you may ask? because the islamic extremists re fighting against bush, a fascist. He has it right, just turned around.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
It's getting so that I cannot even listen to this man anymore.
It's just simply unbelievable the depths to which his delusions extend. I mean really, how can he say those things, which so clearly apply to him and his admin's policies, with a straight face??!! The complete and total lack of insight is just mind boggling!

BTW, I'm a huge fan of your posts, DD! Keep up the great work!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Another awesome post, DD! Unfortunately, I think that the larger problem is that people buy this crap! The other day, McCain said that he would not leave Iraq until we had achieved victory there, and people CHEERED!!! WTH??? I can't imagine cheering for more deaths and more problems that we are not solving, but there are people out there who are all for it! Until the people start to search for the truth themselves, they will be sheep!!!!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by scarlett1125

It almost makes me wonder if they just put a ton of "plants" in these audiences to cheer...How could anybody at this stage still be cheering on this disaster? This crap is helping bankrupt this country, and thousands of people are dying to keep it going and keep these corporations and politicians piling up their obscene profits. It's total insanity.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
He's just farking pathetic. A war against him and his kind of scum in the white house IS a war against fascism, against US-type fascism where there's a fake democratic process where both sides are owned.

This is such a big joke.

It's like the devil saying that a war against god is a war for god...

[edit on 28-5-2008 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
This is sickning and pathetic, not funny, calling the kettle black, revrse psychology without psychology behind it, ...
Unexplainable except to say that he IS LAUGHING AT US AND THOSE OF US WHO HAVE MINDS STILL LEFT.

I would love to kick his ass. Right here and now. He is laughing at Americans when he is supposed to be our protection, our president.

HE IS the terrorist , fabricating all he can to take our sanity away-whatever is left...
And in comes Bill OReilly, calling Scott McClellan a liar and calling it VAST RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY!

God, what the hell has happened to this country??????

I wish i wasnt alive.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I really can't emphasize enough just how moronic Bush is.

He clearly can't be the guy in charge down there, It's obviously Cheney calling the shots, and telling Bush what he should believe.

This is the same mentality as the "we're fighting for freedom" stance... as if the Islamics are going to come to the USA and install a monarchy.

The only group capable of destroying your freedom is your own government.
They're doing it right now, and people still back them up, claiming its in the name of freedom.

This line of thinking, or rather, lack of thinking, is really starting to creep me out.
It's like programming, as if they are simply incapable of thinking beyond what they've been told to say and think. It really is creepy.

[edit on 28-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Finn1916

Spot on,
He's confusing himself, much like hitler did on who was the real threat.

Remember, Iran, like the poles deserve to be invaded,

Just because it was illegial for the Nazi's, North Korean's, Russians and Vietcong doesnt make it illegial for the United States of Israel.!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
This is what happens when we are winning a war, accomplishing our goals in Iraq, and people are running out of stuff to bitch about.

It is THIS that is pathetic. Would you people be happier if there were bombs going off in our subways, maybe more planes flying into skyscrapers, hell, how about a nuke going off in an American city?

And, you know something I've noticed lately? Look at the numbers and reports. Did our media all of a sudden get booted out of Iraq or something? I haven't heard much about "insurgences" lately. Or very many troop casualties.

I suppose George Bush did that too in his "Fascist" goals by secretly booting the media from Iraq. Either that, or we are indeed getting somewhere with knocking the teeth out of Al Qaeda and Islamic Extremists.

I gave this thread an appropriate tag

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Again, all I can do is shake my head from side to side in disbelief.

Time for a change...

Declaration of Independence

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...

The Federalist No. 28

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government...

... The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair.

I don't really see how this next thing is even applicable to a U.S. citizen, taking the above into account...

§ 2385. Advocating overthrow of Government

Whoever knowingly or willfully advocates, abets, advises, or teaches the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States or the government of any State, Territory, District or Possession thereof, or the government of any political subdivision therein, by force or violence, or by the assassination of any officer of any such government; or...

... Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both, and shall be ineligible for employment by the United States or any department or agency thereof, for the five years next following his conviction.

And quite frankly, hasn't this current Administration been, "overthrowing or destroying the government of the United States," from within?

It's beyond time for a change.

And Cree... are you serious? I feel so sad for people who think like you... whom apparently think like the Dumb-ya. Very sad.

[edit on 5/29/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I agree with the premis The Islamic Extremists are on one side, and the Fascists are on the other. What's not to agree with?

Problem is that we are not as much fighting Islamic extremists, as we are interveening in a civil war between tribes.

The only way to fight terrorists is to hunt them down and kill them where they stand. To terrorize them to the point where they cannot recruit for fear of exposing themselves. This is a job for techno assassins not ground troops.

A better tact would have been to not interfere in the function of other nations for the last 60 years. Not give the rest of the world cause to hate, dispise and distrust us. It's too late for this crop of chickens. They are home too roost. We now have no choice but to clear them out and clean our own house too.

This is like the redcoats lining up in rows and being shot from behind rocks by the colonists. A lame inability to adapt to a new paradigm where vast armys of heavy weapons fail to rule the day.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CreeWolf
Would you people be happier if there were bombs going off in our subways, maybe more planes flying into skyscrapers, hell, how about a nuke going off in an American city?

Of course not, what an idiotic statement,
But, it would actually give jsutification to the last 5 years of murder and occupation.

And, you know something I've noticed lately? Look at the numbers and reports. Did our media all of a sudden get booted out of Iraq or something? I haven't heard much about "insurgences" lately. Or very many troop casualties.

and you probably think thats because we are winning hearts and minds?
Or killing all the badguys?

No, its more a fact that the controlling militia's in Iraq are holding back looking at the occupation from a different perspective, because they have come to realise that the american government is happy to send its idiotic civilians into the meat grinder if it means more $$$$ and more oil.

I suppose George Bush did that too in his "Fascist" goals by secretly booting the media from Iraq. Either that, or we are indeed getting somewhere with knocking the teeth out of Al Qaeda and Islamic Extremists.

You mean the media in Iraq that was 'balanced' , 'fair' , 'non-biased' and free from government insite being played over the airways?

Or were all those X-army, intellegence pentagon brass whom were giving assesments on that situation in Iraq, really giving their OWN, personal opinion?

I gave this thread an appropriate tag
You give this thread, this world and this culture more reason for them to hate us.
You should go to Iraq and preach your views, I look forward to seeing you o nthe 5'oclock news.

[edit on 29-5-2008 by Agit8dChop]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
You give this thread, this world and this culture more reason for them to hate us.

Exactly! You say it yourself. "MORE REASON TO HATE US". They already hated us. They hate the fact that there is Western Culture PERIOD. Thats the part you appeasers never seem to get. SPOT ON CHOP!

[edit on 29-5-2008 by CreeWolf]

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
no, they hate us because we allow Israel to do as it pleases, yet hold them against the wall for minor violations.
they hate us , because we lied, and hundreds of thousands of muslims died
they hate us, because we have been infecting their lands with our corporate entities to fuel our endless greed.

Im pretty sure thats why they hate us.

Or are you saying they should love and behold us for all we have done?

One word for anyone who backs this administration, and believes the mess in the ME is worthy or american lives..

that word is traitor.

no different to the europeans whom slept with the nazi's while they occupied their towns...

in 30 years, your 'type' will have a new place in history, as the ones who cheered while a free and civil western culture was hijacked.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Hmm, at least I can laugh at the obvious propoganda. I don't have to pull quotes; watch any of his speeches to the nation or congress and you will hear nothing but "evil, terror and terrorists...and terror".

His speech on memorial day was disgusting. I turned the radio off when it was being reported on. Just hearing him talk about veterans and soldiers while he and his friends get rich off the war is disgusting.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
so far he has compared this to vietnam and now WW2 - will wait for him to compare this the war of independence `and the struggle for freedom from tyranny`

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I submit that this criminal of a president is mocking the definition of the word.

posted on May, 29 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CreeWolf

Finally, forget it, you believe all that non-sense. The biggest killers here are in the White House and those who destroyed the most western culture are in the white house. I first thought that you understood the propaganda, but it seems I was mistaken.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join