It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery deepens as 4th human foot found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   

The shoe-clad foot was discovered on Thursday on a small uninhabited island south of Vancouver in the Strait of Georgia, and is the fourth discovered in the region in the past 10 months.

All four cases involved right feet, and each was found on a different island. The earlier feet were also still in shoes.

The discoveries have sparked wide speculation over where the feet came from and who they belonged to, but the Royal Canadian Mounted Police warned people on Friday "not to get caught up in unsubstantiated theories."

None of the severed feet appears to have been forcibly removed, and because the shoes would have protected the feet as they floated in the water, forensic experts say they could even have floated into the strait from a long distance away.

DNA testing has failed to link the earlier discoveries to any missing person cases in British Columbia.

ca.reuters.com...

?? Yet more feet! Where could they be coming from? This continues to intrigue me- all right feet too. hmmm....

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Now that's just strange.

Also a reason I love reading this site!

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Unsubstantiated rumors:

1. That guy from Saw has a lot of people chained up in toilets by the right leg and has provided hack saws.

2. Aliens eat everything but the right foot.

3. Sharks are dumping their 'lucky human foot charms.'

4. These are the passengers who never boarded flight 93 and became liabilities.

5. Most likely this is what happens to ATS members who get banned.

dg, forgive my humorous moment. Indeed this is puzzling.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense to me

I cant come up with anything better!

Seriously, though, it does make you wonder, doesnt it?

Some crazy pirate? It would have to be from people already "declared" dead, so i hope its not the people on flight 93. That would be an unspeakable monstrosity.
They tested the DNA and its not from missing people that they know of.
tsk

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

Heres another thread started on same theme!!

Zindo

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Most bizarre. I wonder who they belong to, morose but interesting non the less.

Good find!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
"Royal Canadian Mounted Police warned people on Friday "not to get caught up in unsubstantiated theories.""

What is up with this comment? Like the people with 'theories' are the dangerous ones. This is a perfect example of Orwelian double speak so common in our world today.

This officer should have just said "Yeah, the people who are chopping off human feet and leaving them to be found are not dangerous, its those crazy conspiracy nuts who think the government is corrupt, THOSE GUYS ARE DANGEROUS!!"

Could we hire dumber police officers if we tried? I think not...

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by freecell

That's right. I think they basically meant to shut up about the whole thing.
Strange world, and yes, Orwellian.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:05 AM
link   
That's a great story and thanks for posting it.

What's really weird is not only are they all right feet, but thier all wearing sox and running shoes. 2 are size 12 and the other 2 they didn't mention.

It does sound like a wild horror story, but it's probably just from some accident. Reminds me of a movie where wealthy hunters would pay to hunt humans.

Hopefully the DNA test will show they came from the aircraft crash and then it will be less of a mystery.

What I found the most fascinating about the story is the expert on floating objects says that wind and currents take left feet and right feet different directions & different places because they float differently in the water and thus the wind and currents catch them differently. I guess when shoe shipments have been lost at sea the left shoes end up in different spots than the right shoes.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
This explains why I have two left feet...

Anyhow, I'm willing to bet it's some sick serial killer with a foot fetish.

[edit on 25-5-2008 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Ack...this is pretty gruesomely bizarre for sure! I wonder if it has anything to do with the smiley face killer, killing young men as well? The feet are washing up in water, just like the bodies from that killer or killers? And if I recall the dumping areas there are all along the northern U.S. states bordering on Canada?

Interesting in a ghoulish way. Does it say if they are actual feet, "meat" still intact? I guess they'd have to be if the sock and shoe are still on them...shivers...there could be more that never washed up even...wasn't there a thread on here a few weeks ago about a head washing up on a beach in Scotland or Wales? I can't remember if the head was from a male or female.

Women and children are no longer the sole prey of these freaks it's looking like, thanks for posting this thread, keep us posted on any developments!

[edit on 25-5-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wonder what they mean when they say, none of the feet seem to have been forcibly removed? i agree this is extremely weird, maybe a med student playing games, or the worst case scenario a serial killer with a fetish for feet.

And who on earth decided to test if left and right feet float in the same direction? i find that to be an amazing statement,

I guess all they need is a lead and then they can take a step in the Right direction

I tried to resist i really did, it just came from the tips of my fingers.

Seriously though i hope there isnt a killer on the loose.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The skinny is that the remains are from a light plane crash a while back(2005),four of the five sts of remains were never recovered.
Doug Decock,the brother of two of the missing still searches the area,possibly dislodging remains in his search.
The police state that the remains do not show signs of forcible removal,sorry,Occams razor at work.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

None of the severed feet appears to have been forcibly removed

Yes thats the bit I did not get either, so what happened did they just drop off or something ?

That has got to be the strangest statement I have ever heard.

Examining the bone and tissue at the detachment point should be a major clue surely.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
These are all the alternative energy inventors that show up here and then never post again.......

Sounds like a med student sicko. Gross

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Same here Sherpa. Apart from the foot completely rotting away at the ankle, I don't see how a seperated foot could NOT have been forcibly removed.

Very strange indeed.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

I found a bit more news and information as I was curious as to what type of shoe and gender these feet had. The article has a possible explanation.
www.theglobeandmail.com... It makes sense to me.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Canada and Scotland AKA the head being found in a plastic bag are not that far apart from a traveling body parts point of view. Canada was once joined to scotland after all a long time ago in our history.

Well I am ignoring the POLICE and I am going to jump to a conclusion of a SERIAL KILLER KIND. It screams out serial killer in my opinion, it a kind of cathch me if you can, they want people to know to be aware of their grusome act but don't want to get caught.

DNA needs to be sent to Iceland and the UK for missing person matches widening the search.

Well i feel sick now thats for certain, it's horrifying really. I wonder if 3 more heads in bags will show up on the shores?

I will keep a watch on this thread incase anything else turns up...gulp!

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by dgtempe

I found a bit more news and information as I was curious as to what type of shoe and gender these feet had. The article has a possible explanation.
www.theglobeandmail.com... It makes sense to me.

Well if that is the case then they did indeed drop off, I think the report should of been a little more concise though, something along the lines of the foot was detached at the ankle joint would have been more descriptive.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
If it turns out that the feet are not those of the plane crash the authorities probably would not want to give too much away. I would think the process of the foot being covered tight enough for the sea water to react with the foot creating buoyant fat would leave the foot and not much else. We shall see..this is an interesting case.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join