It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive New Chinese Missile Base Uncovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You have a right to make complaint, by all means. Like Johnsky said, don't let differing opinions get to you. I don't (at least I don't think anyway).

Alot of ATS is hardcore debating and this is good, both opinions and fact come out from that.

You can say the US has missles pointed at China and I won't argue that point, as it is most likely true. A new Cold War is upon is, and this is obvious. Both countries are building massive weapons, and this isn't good.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

Careful you two, don't go turning this into some weird Internet Vendetta. Remember, it's just not worth it.

Lets get back on topic.

I'll start. What satellites pass over that region we should be concerned about? Or do we have that information?

Also, should the people of China be fearful. This could be a means of ensuring against an uprising in the future... I'm not making claims as two who would want to uprise against the Chinese government, or when... but the range of those missiles places the majority of the targets within China itself.

[edit] With the world going the way it is, it's best if you two become friends. Knowing what each others country is up to may be a benefit to your survival in the future.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
johnsky,
Well, normally I would waive off certain posts, and actually even laugh out loud at those who let forums like these running their real life. This is why I am using my avatar for some time in each single forum I participate
It is just that the past two weeks I am more in a mood that could strangle people if they come to close and annoys me.

Jetxnet,
so I would expect no false accusion from you about changing your posts when I quote you? and also no accusation/implying that I am merely a Chinese agent? Thing is, that I care less how many missiles is pointed at China, because we have our subs running to retaliate if required.
And once again, your theory that China would invade Taiwan with force, even by this year is in my opinion simple fear&warmongering delusional in my opinion. But hey, I presume it is another theory like John Titor's or 2012 ones that people can say it is post-poned etc.
Let's say IF China's current leaders do decide to invade Taiwan een by this year, you can be quaranteed that these leaders are not tomorrow's leaders anymore.

NOTE:
Used mediafire instead now, hope it works:

[edit on 21/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Thanks John, I agree. The only people that are gonna save this world are the ones who are not in government. It is our leaders who cause the problems.

I think citizens of both countries should be worried as both are building up massively for a showdown.

The US has alot of pride in having been the world's lone SuperPower and China is a proud nation with SuperPower aspirations.

The struggle to "own' the global economy by either country is what may set off WWIII.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Where is the "Anonymous" post in your image and the one you referred to earlier? It must have been pulled.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Anything is possible, you can also theorize it is as a backup plan for when China is invaded by some evil powers. And if you are the Chinese leaders & army, you might want to make contingency plans. Even for the most loved leader of any country. Who is not doing that most likely will not even be very fit for this leadership position.

Just look at that screenshot, and that post of that anonymous poster. It is certain not representing most of the common people's view. But I bet more people are hardliners like this guy, some maybe holding powerful decisive positions.

So if you ask me, then I would even request any ruling government to be rather safe and secure in protecting everyone instead of neglecting any possibilities. My take is that we have plenty of missiles all over China pointed at whichever direction. And when a nuclear war really is broken out, that China will guanrantee a mutual destruction. This is most likely the most important weapon to avoid a war with war/invading-hungry imperialists.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

This screenshot is to proof to you that I have a valid reason to make my comment to the moderators. Because when I saw that on my screen, I assume it was passed and posted. Now it is probably pulled. Who knows.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
InChinSan, that is what i'm talking about. Your indirect barbs at the US as being "Imperialist". You try to be slick about and that's not a bad thing, just funny how you do it is all.

I'm a bit more direct. You have alot of American citizens angry with our government for creating a dependency on China through the huge trade deficit in China's favor. Alot anger is at the government for being naive with regard to China, thinking China would cave to Capitalism, which is clearly not happening. The US just built another Communist Juggarnaut. Again, my opinion also.

Just as you view the US as Imperialist, many in the US view China as the same. Hence, the struggle for NWO.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I'm not getting at you here, but the people of Taiwan do have a very real fear of invasion from China.

I have a personal friend who is over here in Canada from Taiwan. His father is under scrutiny by the authorities for his son not returning (but that's another story.)

I've consoled him on numerous occasions, on his fears of what China may do to reclaim control over Taiwan.

On the other hand, Taiwan is making some rather stupid moves towards their separation. They seem to be taunting China. With no superpowers to back them up, this is pretty ludicrous.

I don't expect China will make any rash decisions with regards to what to do about Taiwan. But if push came to shove, and China needed the extra man-power in the event of a war, they wouldn't hesitate to re-claim Taiwan to gain the extra manpower.

Here in North America, we Canadians have a pretty real fear of what the US might do if they ran low on resources. At the moment, we provide the US with the majority of their necessary resources. Heck, we even power much of their country with our nuclear reactors by selling electricity to them.
In the event that the US became too poor to purchase our resources, and had a desperate need for them, we fear they may decide to simply annex us.

Problem with that is, most Canadians are here for the rights and freedoms. A US annex against us would directly conflict with that, and there would be a civil uprising against any US occupiers.

Granted, this could only happen if the US economy collapses... but with the US economy struggling more and more each day... this fear is starting become more and more real.

These fears aren't just in your country, they're worldwide, with regards to many nations.
I'm sure the Cubans also have a very real fear of the US at the moment as well.

Estonia has a very real and present fear of Russia, and what they may do to them for joining NATO instead of the Russian Federation.
(Rightly so, Russia has recently been attempting to crash certain communication systems in Estonia through use of cyber warfare...
I was involved with building the equipment Estonia uses in their new counter cyber-intelligence center. Not really advanced, but I can claim pride in being involved.)

So you see, these fears of what the superpowers might do aren't just in China. People all over the world are afraid of China, the US, Russia, and many other countries.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
This is true, and both SuperPowers are going to go after Oil resources in the ME and Africa. The proxy wars have already long since started, what's after that? I'm afraid to think about it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Id have to agree with you..there for popping peskey us spy sattalites.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   
never seen any posts made these many mistakes and have to apologize many times for every mistaks made,that shows how important to say things before you make sure you know what you are going to talk about ,not just talk out of the back of your head.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Okay, just a side note, I just saw the link to the thread, and it claimed the last poster was Anonymous. But the last poster was haidan.

I'm thinking this whole anonymous poster thing might be a glitch, and not someones intentional misguidance.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I saw that and was wondering the same. The only thing it would do is elevate the thread. Someone thought there may be an "Anonymous" bot that keyed on certain threads with a virtual no-post. Hard to say.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
what comes around goes around,what american government did also angered 1.3billion chinese people,dont be self centered and only see things through your own perspetive.by playing up this animosity will do nobody any good.we should have an eye in the future and try to dispel the distrust between these two great countris and their peoples.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Johnsky, that was in the era of the corrupted Chen Suibian, and to the not so bright agressive policies of Jiang Zemin. However, the latter one, much less to blame because eventually the independence cry of Chen Suibian is the most important reason of widening the gap.
With the new Taiwanese president Ma, Taiwan has at least a new clear-minded down-to-Earth leader. No outcry promises, but it is like 180 degree change in the policies towards the two-straits relations. The new Vice President will come to Beijing soon, and we will see even further signs for a long time of peaceful time between the two straits.
As for a sudden calamity and we need extra manpower. We have to put it in perspective. Taiwan is only like 25 million people, mainland China has over 1,400 millions. So I don't agree so much in the extra manpower, maybe extra technology, scientists and talents, that is what would be needed. But I believe these will only be really useful if they fight with their heart.

As for the fear of the US, I have been travelling to most of the countries in Europe (Eastern ones), Russia, Middle-East, North Africa and America. So I know what you mean. For the ordinary people like you and me, it is simple, we just want peace, have a good life. Unfortunately we are dealing with many power hungry people put on dangerous positions....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

By now I believe that the unscreened anonymous post I saw might be simply a bug of this "screening-system". And you will only see the unscreened posts if the thread is not that long yet, and when you have clicked to make a post reply. Ah who knows, I still frown at posts made from anonymous posters, don't believe it is contributing much to a real discussion...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
It's good that things are starting to cool off between China and Taiwan.

Maybe they wouldn't need the manpower... but Taiwan is one heck of a staging point if a war called for the need of a base with easy sea access.

Either way, this is all speculation. Lets hope it never comes to fruition.

Now, as for this "anonymous ATS" listing... we need to figure this out. It's already caused you two to spar earlier.

If you look at the account, "anonymous ATS" there are NO listings of anything written by that account... and yet, this very thread stated him as a poster... at least momentarily.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Let's hope it doesn't, but does look like it is going to happen. China wants Taiwan for the most important trading Sea Lanes in the world between the West and the East. Having control of it means you can inspect foreign cargo but they can't inspect yours. China already has secured both ends of the Panama Canal and can trasport missles to Cuba undetected.

The country that controls the world's Sea Lanes is the one in control of everything in a global persepctive. It is key to NWO.

Not too mention, access to Taiwan gives China a huge economic and military boost. Also, many high-tech US devices are in Taiwan's "Spook Mountain", another gift the Chinese would get.

Also, I was watching the video on the other page. How would HAARP cause an Earthquake? I'm still watching it and may find the answer but haven't yet.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

In a convential regional "conflict", yeah, Taiwan is very important and too strategic for China. But in an all-out war with another nuclear power (US and so on), nothing is important, just make sure you have fired off your whole arsenal of nukes, Taiwan is then merely a piece of rock.

"Anonymous Poster" is a general anonymous account for people who want to post anonymously in ATS. This is a new system introduced. Supposedly each single post will have to be screened by a moderator before it is allowed to be passed or not. I can't imagine the workload for these volunteers. So supposedly if it is not passing the screen, we as normal members of ATS should not be able to see the post of this "anonymous poster". So when i did saw it on my monitor (see screenshot) I assumed it was screened and passed, that's why my complaint. (Not whining *wink to Jetxnet*)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join