It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive New Chinese Missile Base Uncovered

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Massive New Chinese Missile Base Uncovered

www.newsmax.com

The Chinese have set up missile launching sites along a 200 mile stretch of highway. The launching sites are to be used by the mobile DF-21 missiles. The DF-21 is a solid fuel, two stage missile based on the Chinese navy JL-1. The DF-21 has a range of 1,200 miles and carries a one megaton nuclear warhead.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
China sure have been busy Bees, haven\'t they? The US keeps building up their economy while they point more missles at the West.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I'm so tired of America bank-rolling China's arsenal...Not only is this do-nothing congress allowing America to be bought up slowly by China and Russia, they are wasting our tax dollars on their nukes, and ours as well..Sitting there, doing nothing.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Looks like the sleeping giant will awake soon after it has staged the Olympics in august. I would say it has something to do with Taiwan.

We all know that China wants them to back under their rule and not an independant country the way they want!!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Yeah, it is actually part of the Communist mainland's "Strategic Moderization Objective" to get Democratic Taiwan back by force before the end of 2008.

It will be a surprise attack, when least expect. Mao's Art of War concepts.

The best time would be around the Olymipics, because you can hold the Athletes hostage and as a bargaining chip should things not go smoothely with the attempted takeover.

China's goal is to barrage Taiwan wave after wave with their 1000 mid-range ICBMs pointed at the Island to knock military command and control centers and operations. Once that is done, they aim to get some high-ranking Taiwanese military officers to surrender.

They want to do this all swiftly and before the US can intervene. This means blocking of the straight with Nuclear Submarines and have their Agesis-like destroyers standing by.

Air-cover will follow the missle barrage, providing support to the Nuclear subs and destroyers and the soldiers entering Taiwan by beachhead to secure key parts of the Island.

+19 more 
posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Okay, woah, wait one minute.

I don't know if you intentionally did so... but you've grossly exaggerated the scenario.

A : 1,500 miles from Delingha in central China, places the range as only just able to leave China... unless you're speaking about Mongolia, because they would be a prime target for this missile site.

Here... this should paint a clearer picture for you.

Thats a rough drawing of a 1,500 mile range from the missile site. As you can see, the best targets for this missile site are in Mongolia and China itself.

The US keeps building up their economy while they point more missles at the West.

Dead wrong. This missile site, as I stated, and you posted the link... has a range of 1,500 miles... thats approximately 6,500 miles short of being capable of reaching you.

Don't try to claim this site is for aiming at the west... that's like saying little johnny's packing a BB Gun with the intent on taking out the local police. It's absurd.

I'm no supporter of Chinas recent politics... but don't try and tell us this is intended to be aimed at the west... it's so ridiculously under-ranged, the mere notion of it reaching the western world is a fairytale.

And as for your comment on supporting their economy. Let me bring things back down to reality here... without China, the United States would cease to be a consumer nation. Given that the US has no major exports... the US economy would cease to exist without China there to buy goods from.

Like I said, I can't stand Chinas politics lately... but don't make a big deal out of something that really isn't.

If you're worried about Mongolia, then that's a valid concern, as the missile range was clearly intended to target Mongolia. But don't make claims it's to be targeted at the western world...entirely wrong area of the world.

[EDIT] And no, Taiwan is just outside the reach of the 1,500 mile maximum range.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by johnsky]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Fuc China, they have people starving and suffering because of the earthquake! They need to take care of thier own people before they take on another country. Maybe if we ( Americans ) take them out now, our gas prices will be cheaper!!!!, They need to understand who is boss, and we still have one hell of a military that can be used, so I say, hit Tiawan, see what happens, I bet you will all be riding bikes again!!!!!

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

Starred for putting everything in perspective. Well done.

It's easy to see a new missile base in China and instantly draw conclusions as outrageous as the OP's. Who knows what China is planning to do with this missile base. What are we planning to do with our's? Most likely, they are building it for defense purposes. If not, then China has more sinister plans for some unfortunate Eastern country.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thanks, those aren't the missles pointed at the West, this was my mistake.

The main concern about these missles is the shooting down of American satellites.

Read the article for more information.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
Thanks, but we're talking about the two-stage DF-21 rockets here with a range of 1800 km. ... The two-stage can reach the coast of the US.

No it can't. A kilometer is shorter than a mile. The US is much further away from China than that. Look at a map or something.

Edit: Also of note, a 200 mile highway is a drop in the bucket on a global scale.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by drwizardphd]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yeah, my mistake, thanks for pointing that out. The article does too, but the concern is that they can be used to knock US satellites out of the sky, like they did to one of their own 2007.

The article illustrates the concern etc.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Johnsky,
Check his posting record, he is obsessed with China
And still believe his theory about that China will take Taiwan back by force, even now the new president is inaugurated.

Jetxnet,
Since you are pretty much obsessed with China. Here is a small treat. You might want to visit the website www.sinodefense.com. It might be a paradise for you to see all the weapons systems and other useless weaponry stuff
Maybe you can make some greater theory in Skunkswork based on even more "emergency breaking" news.

EDIT:

Moderators,
And why would an anynomous post without any contribution and only some ranting some hatred be passing the screening?
Uhmmm, I am seeing ghosts.... why his post does not exists anymore?

[edit on 21/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Actually, I'm going to have to give you props!

You noticed your mistake, and admitted it. You should be PROUD!
It takes some hard morals in todays time to admit to your own errors.

And IchiNiSan, I'm not really bothered with what his posting record is. I tend to focus on articles which mention rights being revoked.

jetxnet admitted his error... and for that, I have a much higher respect for him now.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'm not obessed with China, but rather know of China's hidden agendas. They should be exposed when possible. This is news people find interesting. I admitted my mistake that these missles weren't pointed at the West (though China does have several Nuclear missles pointed at the West), just not this group of missles. Read the article, and yes, I have come across that defense site before.

Quit whining to the Moderators, you get your barbs in about the US when you can, and this is very obvious.

I doubt ATS is like China and gonna censor any anti-Chinese propaganda. Unless, China is trying to bribe ATS too, like Google and Yahoo who have caved into Chinese censorship.

I'm sure ATS can do without Chinese censorship money.

Thanks Johnsky! The respect is mutual. Thanks again for pointing out the mistake in a factual, civil manner.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by jetxnet]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

I don't know if you intentionally did so... but you've grossly exaggerated the scenario.

I might had to add that I was mainly responding this this line.

Well noted, and agree that it takes a lot to admit mistakes in the society of nowadays. However, I go a few weeks way back with him, and know how "ethical" he can be when coming down "talking" with a Chinese like me. So no respect from here unless he apologize to me for his false accusation of "changing his post", even though he probably for the first time has posted something that might show that he is rescue-able.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
The article straight out says the missiles can't hit America, Japan, or Taiwan.

The missiles and the widely scattered 58 launch sites indicate that the main target of the nuclear force at Delingha is either Russia or China. The DF-4 and DF-21 missiles deployed at the base do not have the range to attack American targets in the pacific, Japan, or Taiwan.

Of greater concern to the West would be the anti-satellite capability of these missiles.

U.S. officials are concerned that the new launch sites could also be used by China to shoot down American satellites.

Also of note is the new sub base that gives China strategic control of the South China Sea.

The new underground submarine base and the positioning of China’s most advanced sub at Sanya shows that China intends to control the South China Sea and the strategically vital straits in the area. Most of the oil for Taiwan, Japan and South Korea pass through the waters near the new base.

And isn't it great how the US has provided a supercomputer so China can better monitor weather for missile launches?

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Icarus Rising]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Thanks, that's what I was referring to, after noting my mistake in not reaching the US, but the concern was knocking satellites out of the sky.

InChiSan, I do have somewhat of a chip on my shoulder, but think it is somewhat warrented.

It started with the spy-plane incident and I was part of that "Information Warfare" between US and Chinese hackers. I'm not a hacker, but know alot about computers as I worked for the DoD.

Our government in the US is corrupt too, as all governments, but I happen to live here and concur with interests that are not of Communist nature in the form of a government model. I'd rather have Corporate Facism than Communism anyday of the week.

That's all, nothing against the Chinese people. In fact, i'm a big Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan fan. Chinese people are wise, but their government I fear is quite different in what we're accustomed to with free speech and the like.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Yeah, he admitted his mistake, and withdrew his accusation.

He also noted the exact same thing you just did, the anti-satellite capability of these missiles.

Essentially, you two are on the same page now.

As for IchiNiSan, don't let personal differences on the internet get to you. It only amounts to frustration neither of you need in your daily lives. Take things others say with a grain of salt... it really doesn't mean anything.

And to appease you... the US does have enough nukes to destroy the world a few times over... if there's any guilty party here, the US is leading nuclear proliferation by example.
But that's just my opinion.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
It seems $900 billion or $1.2 trillion U.S. bond would be much severe threat than a handful of missiles any country has...

Which brings me to a question, did China threat again or plan something to make U.S. cause the earthquake by HAARP?

I wonder...

Google Video Link

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

Who is asking ATS to censor any anti-China bashing and propaganda?

You are making certain analysis (which most of them I don't agree) based on certain sources (reliable, credible or not). Fine by me. But when I see on my screen something in my opinion in violation with the T&C, then I do believe I am OK with making a complaint.

My uploading with photobucket is extremely slow, but will post that screenshot here the moment it is up in the air. And tell me if my complaint is legit or not.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join