It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuke Plant Bomb Plot - Two Arrested - Reactors Shut Down

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
It's now also in the Breaking News forum. Here:

Pair held for planning sabotage at Swedish nuclear plant (by grover)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbluesky

At least in the Danish and Swedish news there are full backgrounds of the suspect that has been held. They're 100% ethnic Swedes.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Nuclear Plant Sabotage

Three Mile Island Accident or Sabotage?

The incident.

On March 28, 1979, in a town in the center of Pennsylvania, a bizarre event occurred………….. Unit 2 of the Three Mile Island nuclear power reactor complex in Harrisburg underwent an improbable sequence of ‘accidents’. Later investigation revealed that critical valves had been illegally and manually closed before the event, preventing emergency cooling water from entering the reactor’s steam generator system. Within 15 seconds, emergency backup systems had brought the nuclear fission process to a stop. But a plant operator then violated all procedure and intervened to shutoff cooling water into the reactor core. The details of what happened next have been extensively documented elsewhere.

The findings.

On August 3, 1979 in it’s official report on the event, the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission posed sabotage or criminal negligence as one of six possible causes for the Three Mile Island event. But even after eliminating the other five possible causes, the Government refused to consider the possibility of sabotage seriously.

The cause maybe?

In the wake of the 1973 oil crisis, nuclear technology was threatening to become the most rapidly growing source for non-oil energy infrastructure in country after country, both in western europe and the developing world.

The result.

With regulatory changes in nuclear power plant construction in the United States after the Three Mile Island antinuclear hysteria adding years of delay in the completion of existing power plants, nuclear energy as an investment for America’s electric utility companies became prohibitive under the Volcker interest rate regime. After 1979, not one new nuclear reactor was ordered in the United States, and scores of half built or planned nuclear projects was cancelled midstream because of prohibitive financing costs. One of the most advanced sectors of the productive economy was allowed to die.

Who dares wins and it's big oil evrytime, you might wonder why oil is such an important reason to cause a nuclear disaster.

Because oil is traded in dollars so theres a demand for dollars to pay for the oil and if theres a collapse in the demand, well. Then evry country wants to cash in their dollars because they don't have to buy as much oil because they have nuclear power.

Which creates a run on the dollar making it not worth the paper it's printed on, leading to a collapse of the U.S. economy.

Maybe?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
They didn't find any explosives in Reactor O1. And there were no explosives found in O2. The reactors are going to be restarted. They have named the person who were carrying the bag with traces of explosives, 53-year-old Marino Bozic.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

They're 100% ethnic Swedes.

I didn't see anywhere that they should be 100% ethnic swedes. Bozic sounds like a Serbian name if you ask me...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Of course this has no relation in any way, but I thought I should mention it anyway. The Eurovision Song Contest final is tomorrow. In Serbia. And Sweden is one of the favorites.

Bozic says he's innocent (of course) and there's apparently no proof of him having any plans to blow up the nuclear plant.

One of the two men (I'm not sure if it was Bozic or the other guy) is connected to a biker gang with relations to Hells Angels.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I see now in this Swedish article that Mr. Bozic was born in Croatia, and not Serbia as I first suspected. He's been trying to get a job at Oskarshamn nuclear plant for over 4 years, but got refused each time he tried. Finally he got a job there, and he started on May 12. There's a picture of him in the article.

edit: Bozic, not Buzic...

[edit on 2008/5/23 by Hellmutt]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Hellmutt

Sorry for that. I just took note from the remark in both Danish and Swedish media that said "they both come from the same small town where they have lived all their life"

This new information, that Bozic on his way to work stopped at a place where rock blasting had been carried out, could explain it all.

[edit Bozic, not Bociz, phui.. Croatian names..]

[edit on 23/5/2008 by khunmoon]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Any bio on the other person detained? The whole thing just seems odd.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon
reply to post by Hellmutt

This new information, that Bozic on his way to work stopped at a place where rock blasting had been carried out, could explain it all.

[edit Bozic, not Bociz, phui.. Croatian names..]

[edit on 23/5/2008 by khunmoon]

TATP is far too unstable to be used commercialy, it's kitchen sink chemistry made popular by Hamas, Islamic Jihad in the palistinian brand of suicide bombing.

Unless the test that found the TATP was a false positive, otherwise this guy Bozic was up to no good IMO, either way they can't find any amount of explosive apart from a trace.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
As I posted in the other thread, Might be of interest here as well.

The TV4 morning news here in Sweden reported on this the same morning it happend (if I remember correctly) and they said only small trace amounts of TATP had been found and the security routines had been successful (and working as they should).

The incident have caused all new employees to be run through a certain terrorist security check by SÄPO (Säkerhets Polis - Security Police). Sources:
SvD
Aftonbladet
Dagens Nyhter

The man with the TATP traces on him had been sentenced for various crimes starting from 1988 to as late as 2005. Crimes includes Possession of Narcotics, Assault, Theft, Not wearing seatbelt, Gun crime, Wreckless driving and more. Sources:
Aftonbladet
Dagens Nyhter

Statens kärnkraftinspektion (State nuclearpower Investigation) says false alarm is not impossible. "The detection equipment is very sensitively tuned so it could very well give false readouts". Better to be on the safe side I guess. Sources:
SvD
Nyhetskanalen.se
Dagens Nyheter

No traces of explosives found in Reactor 1. Maintenance work being done while it's turned off. Reactor 2 have been searched with the same result and is down for it's annual maintenance. The equipment that detected the TATP is going to be checked by technicians from the supplier General Electric Security. Source:
Dagens Nyheter

Both the 53 and 44 year old released by the police. The suspicions of preparation of sabotage still remains. After several search warrants been carried out the suspicions have not been strenghtend.
Aftonbladet
SvD
Dagens Nyheter

I'm not that good at translating so I hope everything made sense, if not just ask and I'll clarify!

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
No Rush...

Important key evidence was being sent by ordinary snail mail. One of the suspects were fired, while the other one is on leave pending further investigation.

Key nuke evidence stuck in the mail

28 May 08

However the head of the Kalmar police department’s forensic division defended the decision to send the evidence, a plastic bag, in the mail.

He argued that there wasn’t any rush, as the two suspects in the case aren’t sitting in custody.

[---]

One man has been barred from continuing to work at the facility and the other is on leave pending further advances in the police investigation.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

<< 1   >>

join