It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was ATS hacked on April 1st 2008?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I ran into this forum called THE EYES BEHIND while searching for other ATS like forums and they had this thread:

theeyesbehind.com...

where a bunch of mods from here and even Skeptic Overlord discus that ATS was hacked and they were trying to figure out who did it.

this hack happened about a week before i joined. I did a search for this but there wasn't anything either confirming or denying it.

anyone know the truth and the whole story?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
ATS has a history of humor around that time. I would take any threads with April 1st on them with a grain of salt.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This was an April Fools prank played on part of the Administration (hence April 1st).

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
This was an April Fools prank played on part of the Administration (hence April 1st).
Thats it? no details? it looks as if the 3 amigos were unaware, the IT guy wasn't aware either so who in the administration played the joke? who is left?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

Question: Why does it matter so much to you?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Other than the fact that I was in on the joke, you can go look at the post times on theyesbehind and see that by some miraculious event, nearly all the supermoderators started chatting about the "event" at the same time at the same location....on April 1st. It's almost as if it was planned.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

All of the admin were in on it.

The prank was supposed to be on Springer, but he turned it around and pranked everyone else.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey

All of the admin were in on it.

The prank was supposed to be on Springer, but he turned it around and pranked everyone else.

ok, well that makes sense.

that whole COINTELPRO and Russian side to this had me nerveous about it the way it seemed to be brushed under the carpet and all.

thanks for the info.

[edit on 20-5-2008 by blimpseeker]

JAK

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Here you go blimpseeker, this post might be of interest: Jak

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JAK

Thanks for the link.
something of interest though. Skeptic Overlord posted in that same thread, on May 1, 2008 this in reply to Mainer:

And there you have the reason we've not engaged in organized "April Fools" or halloween pranks since... we're no longer the small close-knit community, and are a large source of important information and opinion to many people

Skeptic Overlord

so which is it? they have or haven't engaged in april fools pranks?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Only the Darkest of Hearts would give Rise to such concerns in these days of trial and tribulation - April Fool

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

We used to do pranks on the board, but they resulted in a lot of misunderstandings and confused members. As the site grew, it was obvious that we shouldn't do pranks 'on-site' anymore.

The Admin decided to do something small that only involved the mods and keep it off-site, which is why it was on 'The Eyes Behind'. It wasn't an organized 'board prank' (they take a lot of work), just an attempt to give Springer a heart attack.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just for the record, not all of us fell for it.

I wasn't born next week ya know!

Peace

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
A Conspiracy Of Lulz

Unbeknownst to many, our beloved SkepticOverlord has a rather impish sense of humor which tends to manifest itself in various ways, including practical jokes both public and private.

Although his well-meaning hijinks are known to provide a great deal of amusement, they have also been known to backfire, so he's been trying to cut back -- although relapses should be expected.

On the bright side, the last incident gave me an opportunity to post my own humorous observation...

(People who haven't seen Network won't get it, and I don't get to use that pic often, so what the heck.)

While I'm not at liberty to discuss the details, suffice it to say Springer did turn the tables on the Overlord quite masterfully.

The moral of the story: trust no one, suspect everyone.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
so which is it? they have or haven't engaged in april fools pranks?

The April First prank you're referencing was off-site and specific to one person on staff. We're no longer engaged in doing such things on ATS to the members of ATS.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Narrator: In April 1, war was beginning.
Captain: What happen ?
Mechanic: Somebody set up us the backdoor.
Operator: We get signal.
Captain: What !
Operator: Home page turn on.
Captain: It's you !!
CATS: How are you ATS !!
CATS: All your server are belong to us.
CATS: You are on the way to pwnage.
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to firewall make your time.
CATS: Ha Ha Ha Ha ....
Operator: Captain!! *
Captain: Take off every 'MOD' !!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'MOD'.
Captain: For great justice.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
hahaha, I love it! No one can take a joke without looking for some hidden meaning, which is also why I love ATS by the way.

-Cuauhtemoc

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

The April First prank you're referencing was off-site and specific to one person on staff. We're no longer engaged in doing such things on ATS to the members of ATS.

Some how, some way...... I don't believe you,LOL

Zindo

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Wow I must have 'missed' again!
I sure wish I had been here years ago to get in on some of the pranks that members are still laughing about. When ever these threads come up it makes me sad I was a late arrival...

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Antar,

Did you miss the "Red Dot" event? That was one i will

always recall!!

<<   2 >>

join