It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its 7 degrees celsius out there gotta love global warming

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Its May 18th , and over the next week its not going to worm up much . Where the hell is global worming or , is it climate change, the talking head on T.V. can't seem to make up their minds. Oh well, once we start paying for carbon taxes it'll make things better .

Mod edit: spelling in title

[edit on 18-5-2008 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yeah, carbon tax sounds alright. It might curve down global warming alright. I think I'm failing to see the New World Order part of this thread.....

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'be been wondering the exact same thing while I freeze here too. I'm not saying there arn't bad consequences to global warming/climate change, etc. But i wouldn't mind if it were a little warmer here.
according to the link below climate change could actually produce cooler winters in some places.
www.space.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Don't confuse real or near-real time meteorological data with climate data. Climate study is an estimate of past, long term data. One might be able to use this data to suggest (predict) future climate conditions. There is a considerable amount of statistical un-certainty with this.

I'm in Ohio. At my home it has been quite a cool (below average temperature) for this season.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think gas prices alone are enough to curve the use of fossil fuels, I don't think we need a carbon tax.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Just because the climate temperature is rising doesn't mean it will be hot everywhere. It means we will have 'climate change'. In other words it will change our normal weather patterns. That's why we're getting weather extremes in places. You might have abnormal heat or cold or no effect at all where you are. You have to look at the big picture.

Eventually the warming will create a cooling, due to the melting of ice which cools the oceans. There is always a warming trend before an ice age.

I'm in Cali and we've had record high temps this week.

I don't agree to more taxing, except maybe for corporations who create most of pollution, but it doesn't mean they're lying about what's going on. But they are exploiting a real problem for their own gain, business as usual.

There is a lot that could have been done years ago to keep us from getting to where we are now, but of course the folks trying wake people up the 'powers that be' fought tooth and nail to make look like cranks. As I said business as usual. They don't care unless they can use it to their advantage.

They have everyone confused and arguing with each other as they continue destroying our planet for their short-term personal gains.
Business as usual...

[edit on 18/5/2008 by ANOK]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Basically what ANOK said. It depends on where you live also. Im in cali also and we are normal.....hot and L.A' is on fire again.
was 103 here a few days ago.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yep 'Global Warming' and 'Climate Change' are terms used to describe the overall average global temperature over long periods of time. This rise in global temperature will only occur within a few degree maybe 2 or 3, lets not hope any more than that, because this is all that is required for catastrophic effects. Localized climate will be affected by strange weather, hot/cold/storms/floods whatever that is out of the norm.

Whatever is happening, most people are noticing something different. I certainly am. And if we believe the scientists, its only going to get worse because it takes many years for what we do today to take affect within our atmosphere.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I agree with Anok, tax the corporations.

I live in Indiana, and last week it was in the forties, and now it's near the seventies.

Two weeks ago, sixties.

Weird really....

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
I don't agree to more taxing, except maybe for corporations who create most of pollution, but it doesn't mean they're lying about what's going on. But they are exploiting a real problem for their own gain, business as usual.

Anok - Don't fall into that trap. It's the consumer who pays all taxes. The tax burden of the corporation is just passed on to us through product prices, then the government taxes the same product or service agian when we buy it.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Well, last week it was 106 here. Today it is going to get up to 55. I was at the beach in Northern Oregon and it was 101, which is unheard of. So, yes... the climate is not acting normal. At least not in my neck of the woods.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
it's 7 degrees out there,gotto love people who don't understand global warming

(clue is in the name "global warming" not "localised warming for everyone"

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by aerialview
Don't confuse real or near-real time meteorological data with climate data.

Exactly the problem with Climate Change Theories: they use relatively short-term trends (globally speaking) - to try and predict the future.

Climate study is an estimate of past, long term data.

Key word: Estimate. Not a fact. Not a certainty. An estimate.

One might be able to use this data to suggest (predict) future climate conditions.

Key word: Might. Not definitively, not absolutely, but might.

There is a considerable amount of statistical un-certainty with this.

Now I’m getting a bit confused here, aerialview. Are you making an argument for or against climate change? Because - if you are espousing it, then you’re certainly making a strong case for the opposition.

This post illustrates everything wrong with the proponents of climate change: It might be, it may be, it could be. But we have to change now. We must do something. We should be forced to change our way of living based on a bunch of statements of vague possibilities.
The fact is that the Earth has always changed, it is changing and it always will change. Not much you can do to stop it, whatever way it goes.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbluesky
...It's the consumer who pays all taxes...

Yeah that's a good point. Well we should just get rid of the corporations altogether then...

Industrial workers of the world unite!

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's been rather cold where I am at as well. We got a good bit of snow in May, when it should be 70's.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Like Anok said global warming doesn't mean that we are to be on a warm trend all the time.

It is truth that our oceans temperatures has been warming up, what people do not understand when they hear global warming is that is not all about heat, but rather extreme temperatures records and increased natural disasters.

That is why the temperature of the oceans is so important for the overall health of the planet and the first warning that something is going wrong.

top topics

join