It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Claims US-Backed Terrorists Planned Attack on Russian Consulate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
You know, that no major US media has reported on this in the US may well indicate it is true.

Food for thought.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by gottago]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

More good finds Souljah.. Keep it up.

That's exactly the point I was trying to make on the first page.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The mere fact that people are having this type of dialog is comforting. Iran is special. We have all kinds of people in there. What's the issue?
Again, even if some company/group with US ties does something terroristy there, that doesn't mean that it's officially sanctioned by the US. They've already had tons of more civil-type disputes about that very thing. We are funding Iranian Pro-US journalists there. Pro-US scholars, etc. This really doesn't mean a darn thing. Not new. The US isn't held to the same type of money trail asset-freezing that we can put on other people. The World Court will accept our case for this, but reject a smaller country's case becasue we have a huge intelligence gathering network. It's the difference between 500 nodding heads and 5 million.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

Your so lost. These are terrorist attacks. Does it say that terrorist are dropping bombs out of planes there? No didn't think so.

Blackwater is a private firm hired by the governments and companies to protect their assets, Mostly human ones. Some very good and decent men who went to work for Blackwater have lost their lives protecting the people in Iraq that need to be protected so have some respect.

Anyone who thinks that the Blackwater guys just run around and kill innocent people in Iraq needs to have a lobotomy and get sent to Iraq because they don't have the brains to be a citizen in this country and your not wanted.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Anyone who thinks that the Blackwater guys just run around and kill innocent people in Iraq needs to have a lobotomy and get sent to Iraq

Anyone who thinks that Blackwater guys don't run around and kill innocent people in Iraq needs to get their head out of their ass and do a little research on a commonly known topic.

Originally posted by Sky watcher
they don't have the brains to be a citizen in this country and your not wanted.

Ah, the old 'get out of my country' line. Ignorance at its finest.

Only in America.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gottago

People can't be so fooled as to believe that.

One consider the source-Iran-PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!

Two, who really has the most to gain from Russian consolate being attacked-IRAN.
They can falsely blame US/Israel and try to get Russia involved militarly.

Three, it would do no good for US/Israel, As they would be blamed for this-reguardless of the fact it would be done by musliums (Iranians or their lap dogs).

Just think who would gain and who would not and you can easily see whom, if any, would do this.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I think its funny that people have come to the conclusion that any country that is not the United States or United Kingdom is not a credible source of news.

I'd be interested to know what all of you base that on. I mean, you all say "look at the source - IRAN HAHAHAHAHAHA" "Russia said this, enough said!!!!" - yet you people provide no proof.

Do you have proof that they are faulty news sources? Or is it supposed to be enough for the rest of us for you people to say the country name, laugh and everything coming from that country is now bull#?

I promise you that for every faulty news article you produce from those countries, I can produce one from this country.

CNN, FOX News and MSNBC being 'major' news sources and having flashy animations and broadcast set ups doesn't make them credible news sources. Because they're based in the United States doesn't make them credible news sources. Because they're owned by multi-billionaires doesn't make them credible news sources. Because you're more used to them than other foreign news outlets doesn't make them credible sources.

Turn off your program chips and start looking at the INFORMATION. Fact check it, THOROUGHLY, and come to your own conclusion - not the conclusion that the news source wants you to come to. Don't just look at who the source is and blow it off; stop being so damn lazy and actually do your research. Otherwise, shut up and don't hold an opinion on it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

I'll tell you what we have done right is keep you're Australian asses safe for about the last 150yrs. so you should keep your comments to yourself there Dundee!

[edit on 18-5-2008 by damdevildog]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by gottago
You know, that no major US media has reported on this in the US may well indicate it is true.

Umm....No!
It means that some people are not so easily fooled by an obvious piece of Iranian propaganda. It means they are not so easily swayed and gullable as others by listening to the enemies propaganda.
Some of you are falling for this obvious piece of garbage and I guess it's having it's desired effect. Come on, think for yourselves, you can do it!

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

And also in reply to mrmonsoon:

I do think for myself; and I'd suggest you do as well.

I have no illusions as to the "freedom" of the US corporate press, and of what they are capable of reporting or fabricating or ignoring. You should as well.

I apply the same skepticism to this report, and hold no firm conviction one way or the other. From the outset, I've said that this report is a chit in a propaganda game, true or not.

Now, the beauty of this report is that it could very well be true; this is exactly the kind of dirty-dealing our CIA and special ops would be up to in Iran--and there are massive US/MSM reports that these forces have been operating in Iran for well over a year now.

Just what do you think they're up to? Refurbishing grade schools?

Yes, It may be an Iranian propaganda move, but it just as well can be true, because this would be exactly the sort of op we would do in Iran as well.

I'm sitting on the fence; not on my brain, thank you very much.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I'm sitting on the fence

That's the problem.
Sitting on the fence or being in the middle of the road is the easiest and fastest way to get hurt. Trying formulating some thoughts and making a decision for yourself. Being in the middle means you cannot decide for yourself.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

Jumping to conclusions on a single report is not so smart either; I've just searched for updates on the original report and found none.

You're more than welcome to apply "gut instinct" to this and cry fraud, I see no need to jump to conclusions, unsupported by any further information.

Rash and prone to error. Kinda like truthiness, no?

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The Tehran Times is now reporting that the ‘terrorist network’ they busted is in fact CIA. It wouldn’t surprise me a bit if it were true, in fact it’s exactly what we should expect.

www.tehrantimes.com...

May 18, 2008

Iran busts CIA terror network
Tehran Times Political Desk
TEHRAN - The Intelligence Ministry on Saturday released details of the detection and dismantling of a terrorist network affiliated to the United States.
In a coordinated operation on May 7, Iranian intelligence agents arrested the terrorist network’s members, who were identified in Fars, Khuzestan, Gilan, West Azerbaijan, and Tehran provinces, the Intelligence Ministry announcement said.

The group’s plans were devised in the U.S., according to the announcement, which added that they had planned to carry out a number of acts such as bombing scientific, educational, and religious centers, shooting people, and making public places in various cities insecure.

One of the terrorists was killed in the operation, but the rest are in detention, the Intelligence Ministry said, adding that the group’s main objective was to create fear among the people.

The United States Central Intelligence Agency comprehensively supported the terrorist group by arming it, training its members, and sponsoring its inhumane activities in Iran, the Intelligence Ministry stated.

The terrorists had maps, films, pictures, and sketches of important and sensitive sites in various cities in their possession when they were arrested.

They also had a large number of weapons and ammunition and a great deal of highly explosive chemicals and cyanide.

The blast at a religious center in Shiraz last month was carried out by this group, and it also had plans to carry out similar attacks on the Tehran International Book Fair, the Russian Consulate in Gilan Province, oil pipelines in southern Iran, and other targets, the communiqué stated.

Thirteen people were killed and over 190 others wounded in a bombing carried out on April 12 at the Rahpuyan-e Vessal religious center, which is part of the Seyyed-ul-Shohada Mosque complex, located in a residential area of Shiraz.

edit for correction

[edit on 18-5-2008 by resistor]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this gottago.

I see Alex Jones is talking about it today. As others have stated, it certainly isn't the first time by a LONG shot. Typical gov hypocracy--They're screaming about Iran and Syria daily(with no proof), while doing the exact same thing, which they've been guilty of for decades.

Pathetic.

Iran busts CIA terror network

Tehran Times
May 18, 2008

TEHRAN - The Intelligence Ministry on Saturday released details of the detection and dismantling of a terrorist network affiliated to the United States.

In a coordinated operation on May 7, Iranian intelligence agents arrested the terrorist network’s members, who were identified in Fars, Khuzestan, Gilan, West Azerbaijan, and Tehran provinces, the Intelligence Ministry announcement said.

The group’s plans were devised in the U.S., according to the announcement, which added that they had planned to carry out a number of acts such as bombing scientific, educational, and religious centers, shooting people, and making public places in various cities insecure.

Full article:
www.infowars.com...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NovusOrdoMundi

"Do you have proof that they are faulty news sources? Or is it supposed to be enough for the rest of us for you people to say the country name, laugh and everything coming from that country is now bull#?"

More than I could possibly post here.

Take most anything Iran’s president-otherwise know as their horses arse.

They stated, the holocaust did not happen-poor at best new reporting.

Anything coming from Iran is LESS truthful and honest than everything from fox/cnn.

Again I urge those who don't "THINK".
Who would gain from Russian consulate in Iran being attacked?????
Here is a hint, it would not be US.

Anyone who thinks would realize who would benefit from that and lead right to the group/country doing so-"Iran"

With there terror support and loudmouth war monging-we all know Iran would do anything-even attack their "allies" to further their terrorist ways/cause.

Would the US support action in Iran, against Iran-would not surprise me (probably 1/1,000,000,000 as much as Iran does in creating terrorism-Hezbollah terrorist/Hamas terrorists and anyone else they can find who is happy to murder every and anyone.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Jumping to conclusions on a single report is not so smart either

Jumping to conclusions????

It's more like common sense. You believe and trust the enemy and I do not. Simple really.

Now let me take the other side: I would never believe the story fully but IF the story was true in some way or another, I would not have a problem with it. In fact, I would be disappointed if we did not have some sort of covert actions going on.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
"Do you have proof that they are faulty news sources? Or is it supposed to be enough for the rest of us for you people to say the country name, laugh and everything coming from that country is now bull#?"

Yes, now you are getting it.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Typical gov hypocracy--They're screaming about Iran and Syria daily(with no proof), while doing the exact same thing, which they've been guilty of for decades.

You keep screaming about proof but where is Iran's proof for this outlandish claim? Just because Iran wrote a story does not mean it is true. Let's see some of the proof. Bring out one of the captives or lets see some proof which shows they are CIA or American for that matter.

It's really pathetic sometimes how gullable people can be. Some of you are falling right into the enemies hands by believing their propaganda. This sort of stuff was meant just for people like you. Come on, stop being brainwashed.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by gottago

"Now, the beauty of this report is that it could very well be true; this is exactly the kind of dirty-dealing our CIA and special ops would be up to in Iran--and there are massive US/MSM reports that these forces have been operating in Iran for well over a year now."

You missed my point completely.

Does the US have covert "stuff" going on in Iran-probably?

Is it or would it be in the US's best interest to attack the Russia consulate?

Clearly, the US and or Israel would be blamed-no matter who did it.

So, it simply is not in the US's best interest to do so, that was my simple point.

The US would get nothing good out of it. HOWEVER, Iran would reap untold rewards from that.

[edit on 5/18/2008 by mrmonsoon]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Proof please?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join