It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 124
<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

The pressure is starting to go down a bit, not much, more nasuea though, and I now have a full blown migraine. Ear ringing changed too, its now just a constant, but much quiter buzzing in my ear. Going on about an hour that its been buzzing.

Feel just wrecked, totally drained. What a ride today, eh?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

The pressure and motion sickness feeling seems to be fluctuating now (but definitely better than it was prior). I wonder if it's a reverberation from the 7.3? (It was upgraded to 7.3)

I'll be back on here if it starts to build again to the degree it was earlier. That was just awful. Thank goodness I'm working from home today - I'd hate to be trying to commute in crazy traffic feeling like this.

Ride indeed.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I can't remember which show it was, either Adams Family or Munsters, but I feel like that Uncle who used to stick his head in a vice clamp, and would make his migraines suddenly go away with a loud pop. I feel almost giddy from everything going away so suddenly. No ringing, no pressure, no migraine. Im a little bit light headed from the relief lol.

Glad that ride is over.

But hey, thanks for riding it together. That helped.

Peace be with you

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

Ah yes, that was Uncle Fester in the original Addams Family TV series. I recall it well, and seeing as it aired in the 1960s I suppose that shows my age.

Back to the topic, though, I wish I shared your current relief. I still do not feel too good, but that might be partly due to the fact that I've been up till well past 2 am the past two nights (mainly on ATS). In any case, I'd have to agree that the past few days have been a bit rough.

On another thread yesterday, it was pointed out that the PNSN did not show any tremor activity at all on its interactive map (accessible here, and this is the first time it's had a totally quiet day since July 22. Every day from July 23 to Sept 14 inclusive show tremor activity in the Cascadia area -- but nor yesterday, when it all went very, very quiet.

Sure, it could be purely coincidence, but I'm dubious about that. We all know that Sept 15 has been proposed by some as quite a significant date (due to the 188 day theory). Well, just as there must be forces at work that cause tremors, one could suspect there might be other, counter-active forces that stop them -- especially when they cease so abruptly after weeks of basically continuous activity.

Mike

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Yeah...seeing how quiet it's all gone...that alone is making me feel....anticipation anxiety.

I'm still not feeling better, I usually go into the office on Fridays but I'm WFH again because something is still off. Although I'm definitely not feeling the pressure I was feeling yesterday...that was crazy.

However...while the pressure that made the 7.3 quake pop may be gone....the resulting energy spread may be still be playing out. Locked plates ready to spring...so maybe that's why the pressure is gone...but not the rest of the feelings...

Any thoughts?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

My thoughts? I'll put it this way:

we had a crazy summer. The weather was atrocious most of the time. Instead of 30-plus Celsius, we went through day after day of rain and temps in the low teens. Our plans of weeks at our little cottage in the country went awry, because all we were doing was running the heating and watching the rain.

Now that I'm back at work, the weather is brilliant. Bright, sunny days and record highs. This weekend, therefore, we'd planned to go to the cottage and do some work in the garden and just enjoy the country air, but the past couple of days have changed that. I've not got to sleep before 2 am in three nights, everything hurts and I don't have a virus or anything, just feel rotten. It eased a little yesterday evening but not much. Got to bed at a bit before 3 am.

We're not going to the cottage this weekend. For one thing, I just can't handle the demands of driving there.

For another, I feel the need to have my computer up and running so I can check those quake maps regularly and also keep an eye on GEE.

Anxious? Yes. You bet.

Rational, or over-reacting to nothing?

I've been around long enough to listen to what my senses pick up, and I'm not a hysterical type. I don't feel it's all quiet on the Western Front yet.

I'm not saying that in a "doom and gloom" way. Anyone who's read a fair number of my posts on the subject of quakes and predicting them (that even within this thread stretch back to May of 2008) knows how I do things. More than once, I have voiced my opinion against claims of impending huge quakes that were running around the forums and stated that I did not see any indicators for them and that they were, IMHO, not going to happen. In cases where I said that, I was ultimately shown to be right. Not beating a drum, just saying.

Hey, I've been wrong sometimes and posted that as well...

But right now, I'm just not sure what's going on. Things are, simply put, odd.

I'm just telling it how it is, from my current perspective.

To finish this post, I'd like to say that the mag 7.3 in Fiji doesn't seem right somehow. This was an incredibly deep quake and I don't see how it might connect to the dots of something in the PNW, if you follow. I'm not saying it doesn't, not saying it wasn't "it" (for 9/15), just that I can't work it out and it bothers me that the Cascadia zone stopped having tremors on the same day -- and the rationale as to why is beyond my meager abilities to comprehend. We've missed something and I have no idea what it is. But we've missed something.

Mike

edit on 16/9/11 by JustMike because: fixed coding

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

I was talking to a co-worker on Wednesday about the vancouver island quake & potential for something bigger happening. I was saying that usually when a large earthquake happens nearby, we (we...meaning people like us in Fragile Earth) go in search for anything that may suggest what it could mean or lead up to. But, usually nothing more comes of it. We're all watching everything like hawks..but eh...we're good. But one thing that has been unnerving me about this time is that this time we keep seeing more and more signs that something is up. What that is, I don't know.

But something more disturbing to me personally. Normally during this period of vigilant watch, I'm more ...excitable? I don't mean like excited "hurray!" I mean anxious and rushing around to prepare...I guess excited more in a "oh crap" kind of way. This time? I don't think I've ever felt so calm and non-excitable. That's what is disturbing me the most. Almost like...an acceptance? God, that could almost be taken as morbid, although that's not what I mean. But, I don't know how else to describe it.

So thanks for sharing what you were feeling about it, I appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The acceptance part is something I relate too.

It used to feel like "Uh oh!" and now it feels so different, a peaceful acceptance.

It is weird when I think about the change, but I know it is natural.

Rought times ahead. Calm now.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ok...pressure suddenly started again. Not like before yet, but definitely back.

-----

Regarding the peaceful calm...yeah, that's a good description. Perhaps I've just started to make peace with the fact that I have no control over what happens, and have let go trying to control it. I like it.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
First ear ring in a while, not very loud, but lasted about 30 seconds. No pressure, but that odd feeling is coming back off and on.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I haven't been here in awhile and I gotta say that reading what you last three (justmike, laserlover, onthelookout) have been saying for the past week....well, it kinda creeps me out.

Because I have been feeling the same way. Like I know at some level 'it' is coming, but I am not worried. However, I AM watching.

On another note: the weather here right now is simply crazy. It's almost October, it's over-cast....but almost 80. It's also a bit like a sauna. We just don't have weather like this here around this time of the year. It's been going on for three days now.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Oh my gosh, I know! The overcast with the 80 degree weather...it's not the kind of weather we have...like ever.

Did you also have the crazy swirly, circular, multi-layered clouds on Thurs. the 22nd? I kept almost driving off the road because I couldn't help but stare up at the sky because it looked so ...unnatural? I mean it was obviously natural, but it just seemed so out of the norm.

Also, I want to add that our neighobors dogs have been going bonkers the last couple of days with barking their heads off all times of the day and night. Before now, we've gone a couple of years and we maybe hear a dog bark once every few months. My cats aren't being too weird though, except one has started to sit in an unusual spot that is behind an end table and on top of a bunch of wires. It just cannot be comfortable...so I don't know why he's doing it.

WC - please tell me your dogs are being totally normal.

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My husband called from work an hour ago, saying he felt really bad again. He hasn't been himself for awhile. I don't know which ones bother him more; the bigger farther away ones, or the smaller closer ones! My ears were ringing again tonight too.

We're east coast, so maybe it was the 4.6 in Puerto Rico. He seems to be super sensitive. I'm just glad we found this thread. I don't know how many times he went to the ER thinking it was his heart! He has unexplained seizures too. Still trying to tie that in. We just want a normal life again!

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have completely been horrible in regard to posting here on ats but i will try because this stuff is quite comforting to know that i am not the only one. I may not recall posting in this thread before but i think i have. My smartphone is annoying with typing on ats..editing anything is a nightmare and i just windup reading. Ill be sharing my experiences as much as i can.

I am battling a headcold so im not feeling too aweseome as it is but i can say ive had a few times last night where i was tense and irritable or scared and headaches yesterday were common with pain in my jaw. Saw earthquake clouds last night and slept at random. Right now im tense and kinda tired. So nothing much here right now but ill update if anything changes.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by rbkruspe

The tense & irritable I can completely relate to. Especially the last several days, my jaw muscles are so tense that it takes effort to even open my mouth. It reminds me of metal coils that get wound tighter and tighter with pressure...I feel like everything's being wound tighter and tighter.

It's making it harder and harder to relax & just be because I have to consciously let go of the tension. I would even say it feels like an immense amount of energy is trying to course through and anywhere that it meets resistance it quickly builds up and tightens like the coil. But it's just so relentless.

I've recently signed up at spaceweather.com for texts regarding solar flares, cme's, solar radiation, etc. because it almost seems like the physical symptoms (including this crazy head cold/flu-ish symptoms going around rampidly) seem to increase as the sun goes bonkers. And who knows...maybe the earth responds in a similar manner with volcanoes/earthquakes, weather etc.

Speaking of weather, ours is going looney. It was sunny earlier, then winds hit out of nowhere and huge tree branches have been flying by, then cloudy rain, sun, clouds, sun. But the wind is just having a hey day with us. I love wind, but the last couple of years I seem to have this "uh-oh" feeling when the wind starts up out of nowhere. I just haven't made the connection yet on why I feel that way.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
After the last post I went to run some errands and along the way stopped through a Starbuck's drive-thru and I have to share what the barista said to me. While waiting for my drink to be ready, I kid you not she said, "The weather is ridiculous, it's making me angry."

So it's not just me indirectly connecting the environment/weather and emotions.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Sorry...don't mean to keep posting - but the pressure in my head has suddenly built up to the ridiculous levels like before the last 7+ quake, like my whole head is going to pop like a zit. Ugh

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthelookout
So it's not just me indirectly connecting the environment/weather and emotions.
That is usually connected to positive ions, so, if you have a air ionizer, try it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Still have the same feeling, but no ear ringing since the last time I posted at all, and no pressure. My kids have all been acting normal, as well as my dog.

But the animals outside???

Seen and heard more crows than I have ever seen added up in my whole life, squirells coming right up on the porch and within 1-2 feet of anyone in my family, totally odd insects, and more song birds swarming around than any other time this year. Geese and ducks like we should be seeing a month from now, plus more hummingbirds and unique ones too.

Ive never had these feelings without the ear ringing, but...and this is just a feeling, but, the animals seem to be so focused on eating and gathering right now, that they know something. And it feels like a bird convention is in town, really weird seeing so many. Like it is safe here maybe?!?

Been here in the midwest for 20 plus years, and I have never seen animals act like this. I overheard other people yesterday talking about it at the grocery store, specifically about all of the birds.

Dont know what any of it means, but I thought I would put it out there.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hello people,

been reading all your comments and have my own feelings on why may be coming up. It's been puzzling me for a few days and now I feel the need to post something.

I have indications of a quake west of Jakarta, Indonesia, at around 6 deg S and 102 deg E. Here is a map to indicate the approximate location:

Now, you all probably know that Indonesia is no stranger to earthquakes. Even ones in the magnitude 5 range are relatively common there, so much so that locals scarcely remark on them. You'd also know from my prior posts that as this is the case, I'm not going to post any prediciton for this region for something as banal (by their standards) as a mag 5. In fact, I'm dubious that even a mag 6 would make the grade, though they are obviously less common.

I'll put it this way: I have indications for at least a mag 6 (Mw) quake, within or very close to the defined area on the map, with a time window from the moment of this post of seven days at the outside (and more likely within about 3 days to 5 days). I actually expect a mag 7 range event within the above parameters.

Here's the criteria for assessing this prediction:

Anything below a mag 6 in the general area of Indonesia and in the time window is a "miss" in this case. Such lesser quakes are just too "common". A mag 6 or greater in Indonesia within the stated time window is a fair indicator that I was on track, but still nothing startling. A mag 7 or greater within Indonesia in the stated time window is a strong sign that I'm on track, but a mag six or greater within or very close to the marked area on the map is a definite "hit". A bigger quake within that region in the stated time is also clearly a "hit" but also a worry as a 7-plus has the potential for serious harm.

I'm hoping that nothing over a mag 7 will occur. But we will see.

Okay, end of post. Any typos will have to stay as I will not be editing this and I'd ask any mods to leave it unedited as well so there will be no disputes in future that it's been "tampered with".

Thank you.

Mike

new topics

top topics

<< 121  122  123    125  126  127 >>

join