It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 123
<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

My head feels like it might just explode...so I am really expecting a biggie very soon.

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Last night there was an awful sound in my right ear twice. It was much louder than tinnitus. I was facing southwest.

No, it wasn't the cicadas. They had quieted for the night by then.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Been a few weeks since I have posted on here, but I am having massive ear ringing right now.

Both ears, very strong, the dog is acting weird, and other animals in the area have been acting weird since last night. Its normal where I am in the Midwest to see a few rabbits at night, last night there were hundreds in the neighborhood. Been here a couple of decades and I have never seen something like that. Crows have been abnormally loud all morning.

Peace be with you

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

How close are you to this quake??

Magnitude 3.9 Date-Time

Tuesday, June 07, 2011 at 08:10:36 UTC
Tuesday, June 07, 2011 at 03:10:36 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

38.077°N, 90.902°W

Depth

20.9 km (13.0 miles)

Region

MISSOURI

Distances

19 km (12 miles) NW (326°) from Potosi, MO
21 km (13 miles) NW (313°) from Mineral Point, MO
23 km (14 miles) SE (141°) from Miramiguoa Park, MO
53 km (33 miles) NW (308°) from Farmington, MO
84 km (52 miles) SW (223°) from St. Louis, MO

Location Uncertainty

horizontal +/- 0.7 km (0.4 miles); depth +/- 1 km (0.6 miles)

Parameters

NST= 24, Nph= 30, Dmin=36 km, Rmss=0.22 sec, Gp= 65°,
M-type=centroid moment magnitude (Mw), Version=B

Source

Cooperative New Madrid Seismic Network

Event ID

nm060811a

I know it isn't that big...but it was felt for a great distance.

So I haven't been on this thread for awhile (which is a good sign
) But today I am compelled.

Since all of this really began a couple of weeks before the Japan quake I have been much more in tune with myself and the world around me. I am a strong believer now in all of us being connected to each other and our world by the same energy/love and are therefore affected by anything big enough to impact it. (ie thousands dying at once)

Fortunaely I was feeling quite normal again a couple of weeks after the quake....and a little more enlightened and appreciative for what I had. (I also bought earthquake insurance) In the days leading up to the quake I was almost obsessed with monitoring for earthquakes. Now I have always been an avid watcher and spend a couple of minutes a day looking at the graphs for my region (yes, only a couple of minutes....I have those clicks down to a sience and could probably pull up a western washington seismo with a blindfold on) but that last week before the quake...I was starting to worry about myself. I think my husband was too. The day of, I was becoming apologetic. I called my sister in Eastern washington and told her that something really bad was about to happen. Told her to get an emergency bug-out bag together just incase because I didn't know where the quake was going to hit, but that it was going to be really bad. That afternoon I apologized to my husband but explained that I was being driven by something I didn't understand, but that I knew there was going to be a bad quake somewhere but I didn't know where. That something was pushing me to watch, to look.....it was getting scary. The day of, after talking to my sis and husband I turned off GEE and stepped back. I tried to. I realized it wasn't healthy and the growing franticness (is that a word?) inside me was becoming so strong that I wasn't sure what to do about it. I stayed off the computer for most of that day in an attempt to settle the rising well of fear in me. Maybe it was all in my head.

I kept hearing those darn emergency broadcast messages though. I sent the letter to the director of the department that organizes those messages and wrote about it here. That night, a couple of hours before the quake....my feelings increased to almost a panic and I heard yet more messages. Here is a copy of what I wrote here on ATS that night:

on 10-3-2011 @ 07:54 PM this post So I just have to share this with you guys.

You saw my post from earlier about the Emergency Broadcasts? If not, I was discussing earlier how I had heard FIVE on my tv just this week...past few days. I have never had it happen before. I even wrote to the Department responsible for it and copied the response (from the CEO) on the previous page. You should read it.

Anyways....after all of this (I had just gotten done posting the letter) when I was on my way to pick up my daughter, guess what happened? You got it, the radio was interrupted with an emergency broadcast. Not a test. They were alerting about a high wind warning. WHAT? I have NEVER heard an emergency broadcast here for wind. So when I got home i checked for new alerts and we do have one...for wind sustained of 35mph with gusts up to 50. That is NOTHING. Certainly not worthy of an emergency broadcast. OK...so I shook it off.

Now...I was at the grocery store a bit ago and while waiting to check out I had a very sudden, STRONG sense of doom. I have only had this happen a couple of other times but those times I knew that something was wrong with a family member and called them immediately. (Car wreck, trip to hospital) It has happened several times and I was always right. It goes both ways, with my Mom and Sister. They always know when something is wrong. But this is different....there is no one person that comes to mind...just a very anxious, something is wrong feeling.

Well....trying to shake THAT off, on my way home guess what happens? Yup! ANOTHER emergency broadcast. This time another test for a neighboring county. This is just too much. That is five on the tv, two on the radio in THREE days...and those are just the ones I am hearing/seeing.

My ears are poping while writing this and I have had a couple of dizzy spells. Also, pressure in my head...you know, all those EQ tell-tale signs. Anyone else experiencing any of this? I haven't harldy been on ATS today and haven't even opened GEE to back off a bit....but it's not working.

I then posted on my washington thread.....fifteen minutes before the quake struck that my 'big earthquake dog' was alerting and trust me, it was worse he has been. It scared me enough into breaking my promise to myself and opening up GEE. Imagine my fear when I saw real-time those P waves coming across. If you go back through some of the threads that day you'll see the few of us that were looking at it real-time. We knew we were watching history in the making. It was terrifying.

I think it freaked out some people a bit.....the fact that I was right. Namely, my family. And me. Now that is has all calmed down for awhile I find it very interesting to look back over it all, and learn from it. My dogs had been acting wierd for several weeks leading up to it. It is all documented here on ATS. Most of that stopped after the quake...about the same time my own 'symptoms' stopped. The one wierdest symptom that I didn't mention openly here was the smell. The night of the quake, about an hour or so before and a day or two after....there was the wierdest smell I couldn't get rid of. I found out later that this is something not uncommon to premonitions and I also found out in a round-a-bout way that my sister was experiencing the same thing at the same time. (I think it is the same smell my dogs were smelling)

Anyways, what compells me to write about this again is that one; enough time has passed that I can put it into some perspective and two; some of it is happening again.

Last night an emergency broadcast came up around 10:00.......first time I saw one since the quake and I made comment to myself that I hope I didn't start seeing them again. Well, there was another one this morning (again at what I consider 'prime-time'....times you don't normally see them). It doesn't feel right. The past few days to a week I have been feeling compelled again to watch and look...not near as bad as before, but I think it is happening again. Those that follow my threads may have noticed. My little dog has started doing her wierd 'pointing' at the floor, staring off at something not there like she is listening to something I can't hear. I am feeling 'pushed' to look. Maybe it is just me.
But the last couple of days the ringing in my right ear is starting back up with a little diziness and now this morning I was so dizzy I could hardly get out of bed. Probably just me...but there are enough dots once again being connected that I feel I need to at least mention it here, on this thread where such speculation is expected.

So there you go....a bit of a re-cap and a run-down of what has been going on for the past few days. If I see or hear anymore of these emergency broadcasts, I am gonna get more anxious. It was so bizzare last time that it went beyond definition. It has made we wonder from time to time if an alert of some sort wasn't put out....that TPTB knew there was pressure building and that something big was going to happen but just weren't sure where? I mean, the emergency broadcasts were not just here in washington. There was a whole thread on it...it was all over the states and I think even in other countries. That can NOT be a coincidence. Actually....I think I will go revive that thread and find out if its happening again in other states.

Take care-
edit on 9-6-2011 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2011 by westcoast because: spelling

posted on Jun, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hi WestCoast.

I've been having the ringing in my ears and awful pressure feeling in my head. Sometimes it feels like my head is being pushed down. I’ve been having this for about a week now.
Feeling light headed and disorientated as well. I know I’m not in the US or anywhere that has major quakes, but I do think that we are all connected. What one person can see another can hear.

I really hope you are ok and that it amounts to nothing. But like you, if I ever have a bad feeling something is always bound to happen

This time last year my partner had a near fatal car accident. For about a month or two before it happened I kept having a reoccurring dream about him dying in a car accident. Then to my horror one night it did! When I heard my phone ring I knew what he was going to say, I was already shaking! Thankfully he was ok, silly man called me before he called for an ambulance

I do think that some of us are a lot more sensitive to our natural and spiritual surroundings. Sometimes it’s a gift and sometimes it a curse.

Stay safe friend

posted on Jun, 10 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Hey westcoast, not close enough to feel it, but the ringing stopped right after. Speaking of ringing, just my right ear now, but it is very loud.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
It could be because I got very little sleep last night, but I am on edge. Yesterday, I had the "it's coming" sensation again. So be it. I hope every one is safe and if not I hope they remember to say their "I love yous"

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

I'm feeling the feeling, but no ear ringing right now. The feeling is growing and is pretty strong, but no other personal signs or anything unusual with the animals around me.
Be safe!
edit on 14-6-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
It has been a while. All has been quiet.
Until last night. Depression/crying for no reason.
Sensation, pressure building downward.
Cracked split in two. Sliding in different directions Boom.
Swirling.
Rising high Falling down. Screams. Grief.
Rise up Fall down
Different set Forced together. Pressure builds.
It has continued today.
Never had two straight days before that I can remember.

I hope by speaking of it, it changes.
Sorry for the disjointedness of the post. It just felt right.

Love and light with all my might.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Loosely been following thread for a long while. Want to add this about my cat, 7 years old.
Since earthquake in VA, which was felt here in NYC, cat does not leave my side. This is a 180 turn from his normal personality. He also started marking territory inside the house. He was fixed when a kitten. Last night came home, in bed for sleep. Cat gets on my back and goes to sleep. Never did this before. Woke up this morning and he had pulled keys of my laptop. Some else he has never done before. The coincidence is the keys that I had to look for to replace, found on the other side of the room, where the number 1 key, the brightness down key (a little sun like icon) and the escape key. I'm pondering why he did this and why were those keys important for him to move. Usually when the cat wants my attention from the computer he will lay across the keyboard. With the recent solar activity I'm thinking there may be some good shaking on the horizon. Is this the cats "message"? Escape Sun 1? Time will tell.
I posted here with the connection to the change in personality was noticed after eq and the participants here are a level headed reasonable bunch.
Thanks
edit on 7-9-2011 by mantic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have not tried to post for a long time because I now have constant tinnitus. I did see quite an iridescence in the sky a few days before the VA quake. My balance is bad now also.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

Thank you for your post. I am intrigued whenever animals do rather odd things like this.

Looking at my own keyboard, the "brightness down" key is also the F5 key. Not sure if yours is the same but just commenting for others who might not seem to have such a key on their laptop that it's likely a Function key, whether marked for this function or not.

Anyway, regarding the three keys your cat removed and (for some reason) positioned away from your laptop, I'd also like to note that the number one key is generally also the ! key. Now, when the exclamation mark symbol is used on road signs (sometimes just on its own) it means: "Warning! Danger Ahead!".

I would gather that the reason the "brightness down" key cleverly employs a sun symbol with a minus is that the sun symbol is universally understood, even more so than some other symbol for light. Genrally speaking, so is the "minus" symbol. In this context, where we can only conjecture what reason (if any) your cat had for removing these keys, one interpretation could be that the "Sun" symbol with a minus implies a lack of sun. That is: night time.

The "esc" (escape) key seems pretty obvious and as you've suggested it could mean escape (flee, run away).

So, as we are only hypothesising, my take on it that your cat could be trying to say:
"Warning! Danger! We will need to flee at night!"

Granted, it could also be that he took these keys off at random and we're reading something into nothing. My gut feeling is that it's not. Experience has shown me not to ignore unusual behavior in animals, especially family pets that know you well.

My advice, if I can humbly offer some: make sure you have a few things handy that will be helpful if you need to flee your residence in the hours of darkness. That means at least some good flashlights (the diode variety are vastly superior to the older incandescent globe variety as they are much more efficient), and a bag with essential items you might need.

And strong shoes, stored in a bag with a flashlight.

I mention the shoes after reading advice on a California-based site relating to earthquakes. It was suggested there that you should have a good pair of shoes stored by/under your bed. They should be inside a bag that also contains a flashlight. This is because in the event of a quake it's quite possible that there will be broken glass on the floor and that means fragments of glass could also get inside any shoes that are lying around. If you've ever suffered badly cut feet or even had big splinters or thorns in them, you'll know that it's almost impossible to walk normally, let alone run. Never mind the potential infection risk or even the immediate pain and blood loss: in an emergency you might only have a few moments to get away and you can't waste time performing first aid on cut feet and you need maximum mobility and all your wits about you.

So, having a pair of shoes inside a bag allows a person to reach down and open the bag, get the shoes on before setting feet on the floor, and then use the flashlight to navigate self and family outside. Obviously shoes-in-a-bag would be necessary for all family members who are old enough to walk, and they'd need to be taught what to do.

EDIT to add: I'd also note that it's not a bad idea to have a good pair of shoes and a flashlight near at hand anyway, whether quakes are likely or not.

I'll leave it there but please let us know if your cat's behavior continues to be unusual.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 13/9/11 by JustMike because: of typos and an ETA

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Ive never been able to understand why you americans live on grounds the native indians knew 2 b unhabitable?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Strongest ear ringing I have ever had is going on today. Lasting 20-30 seconds, a very different pitch I have not ever heard, and happening every hour or so.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The past hour I have been feeling increasingly pressurized, dizzy, & a weakening feeling. It feels like the air around me is changing pressure, but to a ridiculous degree (not like when the barometer changes).

Anyone else?

ETA: It's similar to like having the worst cast of motion sickness I could ever imagine.
edit on 9/15/2011 by onthelookout because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Yes.

Its throbbing almost as bad as a migraine, but doesnt hurt like one. Started about two hours ago for me, around noon est. The ear ringing has been going on since I got up around 6:30.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Oh wow, and we're a good distance from each other.

I know I was starting to feeling a bit off last night, so I just went to bed. I was ok earlier this morning. But now it's like another wave of *something* is coming in and hitting pretty hard. Urgh. This is certainly not pleasant.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onthelookout

Hmm. Last night was the first time in years that I fell asleep early. I normally got to bed well into the a.m. every night, but I passed out on the sofa around 10pm. Passed out completely...and no, no drugs or alcohol at all. I smoke cigs, my only vice. Been at least 10 or 15 years since I have crashed out like that.

And yeah, it is not a pleasant feeling at all. My head feels so heavy right now and the nausea is getting worse. Its really weird. I am normally in great health, regular check ups and all that. Just occassional eq ear ringing, and now this pressure that is hurting.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Fiji 7.2 eq

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Ringing stopped for a while, and pressure lessened, but it is back and building again.

edit - fiji went off at 19:30:59 UTC, 3:30 EDT over here

neic.usgs.gov...
edit on 15-9-2011 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Ditto...

I was feeling much better & more normal after th 7.2 - now the dizziness, pressure and quesy stomach is starting back up. It's like contractions during labor...

new topics

top topics

<< 120  121  122    124  125  126 >>

join