It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eco Group Calls For "Voluntary Human Extinction"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I couldn't help, but laugh after reading about this group. I mean they are calling for humans to basically kill themselves off, but realistically what is the point in going through with a task like that when most likely we are going to be wiped out from uncontrollable disasters (meteors, quakes, etc) soon anyways? It just seems like a really sloppy way of trying to find a solution and I totally agree with them going first if this was ever to be actually taken seriously.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
This is just a bit stupid. "You should all no longer produce, and let mankind die off with time- but dismind the fact that some of us proposing the notion have eight kids."

In otherwords, no, i don't think they're going to practice what they preach, so to speak.

The earth is in need of saving, and by no means is the damage done a little thing. But driving humans into extinction is not the solution, and neither is telling people not to produce. What happens when there are reproduction laws? Read among the hidden. Only much, much worse.
Maybe the earth would be better off without humans. Or maybe, since no one ever would take a first stab, and set the example, we could just start to make changes, to start helping things?

There are ways around energy, folks, without wrecking the world. (What if, for instance, solar panels were installed onto homes ad cars? In sunny places, a vehicle could recharge and keep going for so far! And the panels could be on the sides of homes that get the most light. Why are people theorizing about how things would be entirely without anybody on earth, as in about leting the race die out, instead of about ways around the problems, and about permanently fixing the problems?)

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

as you'll see by my next post I guess I'm going to be eating crow shortly. I just can't believe these guys are serious, especially reading through the in depth stuff. It seems to funny.

I will definitely stick around for the rest of the conversation, because to be anti- CT for a moment I am all for population control, to at least keep us from truly overpopulating the earth (our population growth is completely out of control...)
soooo, I guess I'm saying I'll do the ATS thing and stick around, even if I don't buy it 100%.

Coven

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

I'm actually a little shocked. Firstly I need to know where you met these guys? how many of them where there?
We're the honestly convincing to you?

I felt (you threw a little doubt in there thank you very much
) that the groups page was to simplistic (easily built, could have been done in a few hours by a newbie, and a few minutes by a program) and too humorous (especially the responses from the dude in charge... Les somethin'.) to be friggin real... I guess It goes to show there are some crazy ass people out there.

and finally the idea is not weird or disturbing to me. Total depopulation is dumb and unnecessary in my opinion. Population control is something that could be good for all of us on the other hand. Hell we're already in the midst of an oil-crisis, eco-crisis, and food-shortage in many parts of the world. Increased population only means increased demand... Eventually there will NOT be enough supply.
I just think to want everyone to "quit breeding and die" is a bit ludicrous.

Hope that clears everything up!

Coven

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:23 AM
link   
This is actually quite humorous to me. But then, I have a warped sense of humor. I have always believed that when the planet wants us gone, it will take care of us. Natural disasters, famine, diseases and such- not to mention what we do to ourselves through war.

But I agree with the rest of you who said that they should be the first to go. For the good of humanity, of course. And frankly, anyone stupid enough to follow them doesn't need to be in the gene pool- even if they are not purposely procreating, accidents can happen. And they are using food the rest of us who would like to continue living could be eating.

I smell some future Darwin Award winners here...

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

How about looking ahead instead of backwards. Maybe we should concentrate our energy on spreading to other planets. The moon, Mars, are in reach, some of the other large moons have interesting prospects, eventually other stars. Human conquest of the galaxy I say!!

Thats how I feel. Maybe not conquest but colonisation of the stars(well the planets around them). The stars are a long way off, but we still have Mars and the Moon within (relatively) easy reach. And then there is the asteroid belt as well, large scale resource pile if ever there was one. Lets get on with it, we could build something that rotates to give it gravity, it's not like it's too difficult. Could just hollow out an asteroid or something. Mining for resources and building at the same time. Rather than just re doing the Apollo project they should be making some sort of base on the Moon. If they haven't already, that is.

And if we aren't doing that well with this planet and we're ruining it, hows that an excuse to keep everyone here? If we seriously screw up Earth, wouldn't going elsewhere be the best idea, rather than sitting here and going extinct when we have a choice to not do that? Then there is the possibility of Asteroid impacts, large volcanic eruptions here, all capable of producing a mass extinction event.

And one other thing, If we didn't concentrate on finding new ways to blow each other up, we could probably be on the moon by now

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I've got a better idea. How about voluntary scientific education?

If we all did this we could fix our planet while still being able to live here. What we need to do is take responsibility for our actions. There are many ways to do that. I'd personally prefer seeing us utilize our amazing creative and intellectual ability and harness the universe around us to transform this sphere into a techno-eco-logical paradise.

I can imagine a world where all technology is biological and biodegradable. Where the planet is technologically alive. Where even your computer is literally green. We can do so much more. I'd love for my house to be covered in mud and growing grass on it. For my television to be biologically alive while technologically functional. I don't think we have to die out, we need to actually start living otherwise dead is what we already are and inevitably will be.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I think its a great idea, no violence involved

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I always find it amusing to think of how some people have this 'idea' that there are people in society who need to be chained to a chair in order to try and hold back their insane sexual lust - do they really think that humans are so incapable of controlling themselves?

[/sarcasm]

As for the idea of getting off this rock, i'm all in favour of it - but remember, it's not where you're running to, it's where you're running from.

Human beings began their existence as nomads, so perhaps that is a viable method for us to colonise space.

[edit on 14-5-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by budski

ALL animals try to use every resource at their disposal, and to shape their environment for their own needs.

Man simply happens to be better at it than any other earth species.

infowars.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

Hey i really like that statement, i've never looked at it that way before.
Thanks

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Personally, by choice, i wouldnt bring another life into this world

as it stands today. But it has to be a choice, not a mandate.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by coven

Not at all coven - I fully understand your reaction, as I was the same at first.

It's a quite silly statement that these guys have made - but I understand where they are coming from, even if it's an extreme POV.

I'm for population control as well, but I just can't see a way to make it work - a civilzed way at least.

DGTempe

I agree wholeheartedly - I feel exactly the same

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
none of that particular group of idiots is willing to be the first

Originally posted by on_yur_6
why don't they start with themselves?

Originally posted by vor78
they need to set an example for the rest of us.

Originally posted by ATruGod
I agree with the whole let them start first part

Did anybody here actually read the article, or understand it? They aren't advocating suicide, genocide or murder. They advocate stopping breeding.

I don't agree with it, but seriously - RTFA. This place has gone downhill lately.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Well I know it sounds kind of scary, but the human race actually is one big giant parasite - which not only kills animals and their habitats around the world but also likes to kill each other very much. Actually we are the only species who actually kill all other animal species and also kill our own species. I am not calling for a VHE; but if this level of human abuse of Mother Nature shall go on, I think we shall get what we deserve pretty quick. Mother Nature always takes care of everything.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
reply to post by budski

Well I know it sounds kind of scary, but the human race actually is one big giant parasite - which not only kills animals and their habitats around the world but also likes to kill each other very much. Actually we are the only species who actually kill all other animal species and also kill our own species. I am not calling for a VHE; but if this level of human abuse of Mother Nature shall go on, I think we shall get what we deserve pretty quick. Mother Nature always takes care of everything.

Lions, hippo's, tigers, leopards, chimps to name but a few all kill each other, and other animals.

We ARE animals, just with bigger brains, and all animals try (to some extent) to control their environment to suit their needs.

We just happen to be very good at it - but that's what happens when you're top of the food chain.

I can't agree with your assessment that we are parasites - however, I do think we need some kind of population control, if only to conserve resources for future generations.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Are humans living in harmony with Nature? Are they living in balance with it? Well to me it looks, that they are kind of not. Yes I know other animals also kill themselves and other animals, but not nearly close to the level the human race is doing that to basicly ALL the species on this planet; if not for food, then for fun or for sport or to have a trophy at home. We are not the most evolved animals - we have just evolved something we are very good at; killing each other and everything else around us. As human race reaches billions of people, there are less and less animals living in their own natural habitat - since those habitats are gone and the animals becomes extinct. Polar bears are drowning, because the ice is melting so much. The only animals that are living in large numbers are those, who are being bred on animal farms for us to eat meat and drink milk. More people on Earth means less room for animals. But Mother Nature shall take care of us in Her own way, just like She always did.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

Sorry souljah, but the part about polar bears is propaganda straight out of AIT.

Indeed, since the 1970s -- all while the world was warming - polar bear numbers increased dramatically from around 5,000 to as many as 25,000 today (higher than at anytime in the 20th century). And historically, polar bears have thrived in temperatures even warmer than at present -- during the medieval warm period 1000 years ago and during the Holocene Climate Optimum between 5,000 and 9,000 years ago.

source

And this is from a pro-GW web site!

We can see the problems that humans cause, but I have my doubts about mother earth as an entity able to rid itself of us and then heal itself.

It's certainly a nice idea, but one without any real basis in fact.

The best thing we could do would be to stop the big corporations from polluting - sadly, whilst apathetic voters help carry on the current status quo, nothing will happen.

The only thing that will save the planet from humans, is humans themselves, by reining in those who care only for money and profits.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This could be the first group Darwin Award ever!

I for one applaud their decision to exit the gene pool and make room for someone else. This is natural selection at it's finest.

The problem is that once they sterilize themselves they will notice that no one is following. They will see no other choice than to use less voluntary methods.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

And there's the problem, as I posted earlier.

All it takes is a rogue government to believe this and take it to an extreme.

The US is invading countries now for oil and money - in a hundred years will they be committing genocide or "population reduction" in other countries for food and resources?

Or will china?

Or a re-emergent russia?

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Logan's run. Everyone voluntarily steps into the gamma ray zapper at 35. Problem solved. One of my fav's up there with 1984.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join