It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SAUDIS WILL ALLOW USE OF BASES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 07:09 PM
link   
SAUDIS WILL ALLOW USE OF BASES: Saudi Arabia has told American military officials that the kingdom would make its airspace, air bases and an important operations center available to the United States in the event of war with Iraq, the NEW YORK TIMES is reporting in Sunday editions

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I saw that also! I think when the manure hits the fan � everybody will have fallen inline. Turkey just wants some more money. The French don�t want to miss out on any post-Saddam business in Iraq � thus their aircraft carrier that will be headed to the gulf. (geez � how many aircraft carriers will be there?) I firmly believe what�s said privately and publicly are two different things. For SA to say this publicly probably means they have said it privately for some time. Not to mention the use of all the assets there will probably mean a shorter war to which they will benefit from greatly � as will everyone else.

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 09:18 PM
link   
wow without UN approval
any links

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 09:26 PM
link   
no links 'yet' - it was on Drudge - I am sure he'll post the link when it's available, if not check nytimes.com tomorrow. Sure other will p/u of the story - search on news.google.com... for it. (Google's news is an awesome resource!!!)

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 09:42 PM
link   
here we go
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Dec, 28 2002 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I feel bush knows somthing big and wont tell the public till after they strike. Cause there sending 2 more aircraft battle groups over there and a amphious landin group.

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Facinating

posted on Dec, 29 2002 @ 01:20 AM
link   
The key word would appear to be "use". If it's simply this rather nebulous term "support", then it's rather old news: if it is news.
There's a somewhat more sober account here:

www.guardian.co.uk...

and the vagueness is pretty obvious.
For that matter, so is the vagueness of the "unconfirmed" news of the two carrier goups and the hospital ship. Since one can scarcely imagine even Ari, Don & Co giving away real orders of battle and deployment, one can only wonder at the media reporting this -unless it's at the request of the government.
Ths is either fairly obvious propaganda and false-trail laying, or mild panic, or a mixture of both.
I still suspect that Turkey will again be the key ( a less amenable government than Desert Storm time, however) and anticipate large bags of dollars (if the debt-ceiling's raised, the Fed can print 'em and anyone outside the US still wants 'em), and renewed support for Turkey's entry into the EU, in Ankara, before anything of signifiance occurs.

posted on Dec, 30 2002 @ 10:58 PM
link   
And, from the Asian media, a Saudi denial
www.outlookindia.com...

join