It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China and the US in a HAARP War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Going with your theory; an earthquake in a coastal region...

If there were a sizeable earthquake in a coastal region, let's say, off of the east coast, there is the possibility of some sort of tidal wave or tsunami.
However, it would not pass around the globe because it will meet resistance: land. This was seen during the Indonesian Earthquake/Tsunami. Had the wave not met land, it's possible that it would have spanned the globe...But, a wave is not a wave unless there is shallow water to make it break.
Any type of wave starts in deeper water. It's force, or current is contained underwater until it reaches shallow water, where it's energy is pushed upward, forming the actual wave/face/crest, etc....

I'm losing track here...

Ok. Also, with a quake in an actual coastal region, the energy from the quake, thus, energy to cause the ensuing tsunami would probably lack enough to cause a real, catastrophic tsunami due to the lack of resources, mainly, deep water. If the Quake were to occur a couple hundred miles off-shore, then yes, we may have a serious situation. But the quake will not pass around the globe with it's full intensity, and will dissipate as soon as it hits land.

Check animation below

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
This is a very interesting post. Definitely thinking outside of the box. I have no real basis for proof or otherwise, but it is a very interesting possibility. Starred and flagged.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADHDsux4me
Whether "Weather" it is actually possible is something the majority of us will never need to worry about, nor should.

Those of us who issue weather forecasts should - or, rather, don't

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I have seen many times on the news, that seismologists have detected earthquakes below the earth's surface crust, and yet no damage has been caused to the surface above it.

Recently there was a quake in Northern Nevada, I remember hearing this. Fortunately it was in a low-population area, so minimal noticeable effects.

Can this Energy reach the opposite end of the globe, and cause a vulcanic, oceanic, or seismic event?

In Meteroic Extinction Theories:

If an impact of a meteor that is 1000 times the power, of Hiroshima strikes earth again it could lead to Volcanoes, on the other side of the world which would spew forth toxic gases choking out light, and poisoning all life. "Kinetic Transferance and Vibration of the impact energy."

The impact site would consume everything within 500 or so miles in a raging torrent of energy, fire, magma, falling debris of the earth's crust as it was ejected from the site of impact, and the real cherry on top "the sonic" which would be felt around the globe.

The sonic would pop the ears and scramble soft matter such as internal organs, like a giant lethal concussion grenade.

How this all relates in Theory to Weather Control? I could make a connection if I had the time and inclination. I just would rather put on a tinfoil hat and hope for the establishment to smirk at me, and nothing more. lol

What DOcean was saying, I do not know if he/she is in support or not of such a thing as theoretically manipulating natural disasters. (No Pic came through it said external image.)

-ADHD

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
yes , i guess they are... I cant beleave that there is no mention of this in the midia...

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Essan, I think you may have missed my point. I wasn't specifically talking about HAARP. I said "HAARP like" referring to technologies that alter the environment. Are you familiar with "Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the weather in 2025?" Its a paper prepared by a bunch of military officers that was presented to Air Force 2025.

From "Weather as a Force Multiplier"
2025 is a study designed to comply with a directive from the chief of staff of the Air Force to examine the concepts, capabilities, and technologies the United States will require to remain the dominant air and space force in the future. Presented on 17 June 1996, this report was produced in the Department of Defense school environment of academic freedom and in the interest of advancing concepts related to national defense.

From "Weather as a Force Multiplier"
this paper focuses primarily on localized and short-term forms of weather-modification and how these could be incorporated into war-fighting capability. The primary areas discussed include generation and dissipation of precipitation, clouds, and fog; modification of localized storm systems; and the use of the ionosphere and near space for space control and communications dominance.

www.fas.org...
Here's the url for the report.

Just because man has learned to use fire doesn't preclude Mother Nature from doing the same. I never stated that all typhoons or earthquakes were man made. I was specific about a few events in two specific parts of the world.

One time I dropped a Christmas cookie way under my desk in my cubicle and said screw it. Come March it was still there so I feel for you over the office cleaner issue...

DOcean, take a look at the report above and then tell me again why my theory is crap. You are the one to suffer from a HUGE ego. How do you know what other species on earth think. For all we know your dog thinks that every time he pees on your kitchen floor it causes the horrible thunderstorms that he is afraid of. Maybe not the same day he peed but he knows a thunderstorm is coming because of it. As I stated above I don't think everything is human caused. I was specific as to times and locations.

I also never stated man's superiority over nature. Read the report, the one above. Don't doubt human ingenuity. Just because you are in capable of driving on the freeway or eating a pretzel without choking (hint try chewing, don't gobble) doesn't mean everyone has the same issues.

I do think we can contain nature. I also believe we will screw up. That's why I made the comment about the cyclone being a stray bullet. As an example of human error I present to you Essan, a weather forecaster. They are only right about half the time. (Essan, do weather men occasionally lie to us just to screw with us?)

ADHDsux4me, (i KNEW someday I'd be saying that) thanks for the support.

DOcean, your animation does a great job showing that a wave dissipates over distance. How does that make it impossible for man to manipulate the weather?

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
There is a thread over in Skunkworks that is relevant to this.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check it out.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I doubt that China has this type of HAARP weaponry to begin with. Only the USA and Russia have anything of this magnitude and scale, capable of projecting itself halfway across the planet.

www.fromthewilderness.com...

In fact, the very premise of this article is designed to deflect blame from America with the tired alibi that "the hated enemy (i.e. China) is doing this, so what America does is basically okay."

Hell, even the idea that the Chinese officials have the same mindset as American government is just another variation of this "yeah, well they are bad also" alibi. Misery loves company.

China is fundamentally focused on economic development. It doesn't need to get entangled in global wars around the world, which will only sidetrack this development track--unlike the USA.

Only America (and prolly its good buddy ISRAEL) is desperate, crazed, and delusional enough to stage a false flag terrorist attack on its own people (9/11) in order to launch a global war crusade that has murdered over 1 million people .... all the while self-righteously demanding that the rest of the world support Amurika in this noble bloodstained endeavor.

You're either with America or with the Terrorists, doncha know? LOL.

What many Americans don't want to admit, however, is that these two options are the SAME THING.

The more atrocities that America commits, the more it accuses other nations of its own crimes. I believe shrinks call this behavior Psychological Projection.

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourrolemodel
Are you familiar with "Weather as a Force Multiplier: Owning the weather in 2025?" Its a paper prepared by a bunch of military officers that was presented to Air Force 2025.

I'm very familiar with it - it's been misinterpreted so many times

Just because the US military said a decade ago that they'd like to do something in the future, doesn't mean it's even possible let alone that we're capable of doing it today.

I'm pretty sure back in the 50s and 60s there were reports on how by the 1990s we'd all be living on the Moon ....... that doesn't mean that we are all living on the Moon today though, does it?

posted on May, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

well....according to a certain Mr. Lear we are !!!! LOL

have you seen the other thread on haarp ,essan ??

take care

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Hey, Essan!

Was wondering if you had ever seen the newspaper article on Soviet weather modification in the 80's. Here's a link:

1980s Soviet Weather Modification

Also, this article claims a drop in the density of the ionosphere in the area of the quake on the eve of the quake.

Ionosphere density drops on eve of the quake

Finally, I wanted you to read the transcript of former Secretary of Defense William Cohen's April 18, 1997 speech at the University of Georgia. Here's a quote from that speech:

Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

Note he said there were people that at that time (1997) were engaging in eco-terrorism that could alter climates and set off earthquakes and volcanoes through the use of electromagnetic waves. Not that it was some sci-fi wet dream from the future. He said it was happening 11 years ago.

Here's a link to the transcript from that speech:

Willaim Cohen admits there are military weapon uses for HAARP

top topics

<< 1   >>

join