It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Says He Has ‘Now Been In 57 States‘

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
Maybe Obama was talking with John Kerry earlier that day, hence the reason for the slip up?

Or you can check out the video actually showing him say this. It was posted and talked about just a few posts earlier. Do you still think it was a slip up?

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Then we can add Obama's state of corruption

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Which candidate is better is not what the thread topic is about.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Maybe Obama was talking with John Kerry earlier that day, hence the reason for the slip up?

Or you can check out the video actually showing him say this. It was posted and talked about just a few posts earlier. Do you still think it was a slip up?

Only to the extent that it was a pretty strange joke. Why did he choose the number 57. Why not 50 - thousand? That would have been humorous and obvious.

I think it was actually a code he was sending to someone. Go figure. I really believe there is more to this story than we can ever know.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Only to the extent that it was a pretty strange joke. Why did he choose the number 57. Why not 50 - thousand? That would have been humorous and obvious.

Why did he choose 57? I dunno, why not 67? It was clearly a joke. I am not saying it was funny. Personally if he had said fifty thousand instead, it would have been even lamer of a joke imho

I think it was actually a code he was sending to someone. Go figure. I really believe there is more to this story than we can ever know.

Hey man, I am always open to conspiracy
If you got more evidence, fire at will

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure he meant 47, he's been on the campaign trail for months on end, I'm sure he's fatigued since Clinton is relentless even though she has no shot. I don't particularly like Obama but give me a break, he made a mistake from fatigue.

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

That's what a lot of us thought... but if you go back to the previous page and watch the YouTube video of him actually saying it, it becomes apparent that it was intended as a joke.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   
i am sorry that i did not actually watch the video
i feel as though is completely clears up this argument and i apologize about anything uninformed i might have said.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I think the only Joke here is that Obama should even become President.

Why Obama is anti-American and not right for the USA

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

I am sure that link and your sentiments would be a great contribution to a thread topic that relates

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What a freakin' moron.
People are laughing at him and it doesn't even phase him.

If Bush had said this, it would be all over the media.

If McCain had said it, he would be labeled a senile old man, but of course Obama says it and now his followers will really believe he's been to 57 states, with one more to go.

Time to keep track of the Barackisms folks, we may have book by November.

Ox

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
The man was joking, Lighten up.. .He even smiled when he said it, the crowd laughed with him.. He was joking, he's taking the Mickey out of the President.

Good lord.. Learn to take the joke people

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ox

Joke?
Bull crap.
Any man that thinks this country is a joke in any way doesn't deserve to be President.
If it was an inside joke he should share it with us.

If this man would pay more attention to the American Flag and not turn his back he would be able to count the stars.

Yeah, he may had been tired but the number 50 with regards the US flag should be second nature to any red blooded American.

Makes me wonder if he is smarter than fifth grader?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

What is with you people?

You're taking this statement and pushing it to unrealistic, outlandish limits, and using that as an anti-Obama point.

Holy cow, makes me scared to make a joke on HERE after seeing how some of you people react.

Obama 'thinking the country a joke'? You've got to be kidding me.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

What is with you people?

YOU PEOPLE?
Is that some type of anti-Hispanic statement?

You're taking this statement and pushing it to unrealistic, outlandish limits, and using that as an anti-Obama point.

Seems to me there were a few Bushisms given the exact same treatment. Oh the bias.

Holy cow, makes me scared to make a joke on HERE after seeing how some of you people react.

There you go again, another racial statement I see.
I fail to get the punch line, why don't you 'splane' it to me?
Like the other person said maybe it was a code word, maybe in this case for John Kerry's ketchup wife.

Obama 'thinking the country a joke'? You've got to be kidding me.

Well his wife certainly thinks so.
I doubt Obama can take the criticism Bush has gotten without suffering from a mental breakdown, time will tell.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Because I'm familiar with your posts, I'll assume the 'racism' accusation was a joke, but you are pushing this thing way past reasonable limits.

Is this the new trend? Nobody can make a joke about the U.S. anymore without getting battered for 'thinking the country is a joke'?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Alxandro,

Have you watched the video yet? I am curious...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigbert81

Because I'm familiar with your posts, I'll assume the 'racism' accusation was a joke, but you are pushing this thing way past reasonable limits.

Is this the new trend? Nobody can make a joke about the U.S. anymore without getting battered for 'thinking the country is a joke'?

No, I'm sorry, it is you who is taking the defense of YoBama to whole new level because I almost detect a temper tantrum brewing.

So you think this country is a joke?
... and you are defending YoBama for thinking this country is a joke as well?
He says he wants to fix this country, well he can start by not using this country as a punch line.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Alxandro,

Have you watched the video yet? I am curious...

Yes I have, I even heard the clip played on the radio this morning.
It's almost as if he is in an indirect way trying to divert blame on his staff for the screw up.

Why do you ask?

I'm waiting to see if Hillary will use this against him.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I asked because all your comments disregard the obviousness of it, as is made clear by watching the video; it was an attempt at humor, he was not being serious.

Yeah, he may had been tired but the number 50 with regards the US flag should be second nature to any red blooded American.

Makes me wonder if he is smarter than fifth grader?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join