It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 282
<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I get the technical part right, what I do not have is talent.

You can use the resized version I posted if you want.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
YAY!! Thanks! That worked!

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Ok... Guys...

Love the discussion board. Sweeet ! Just saying.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Don't like the new layout.

The different threads are too hard to distinguish from each other because they are all white. No one wants to scan with the mouse all the way to the bottom. Much easier with the eyes.

Don't like the shadow either, no need for it.

Why so much work to make things worse?

It's not that I don't appreciate your effort I do, but lack of vision and too much technology often leads to a failed product design.

As I stated many many times, the only thing you need is to make the membership feel like they are making a difference by allowing them to have voting rights to order the threads and replies.

Put some thought into it and watch e the site explode in membership participation.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by joe7pack

Hmm....perhaps when you have enough posts to even start a thread, that could be your first topic.
*cough*

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean.

We do have voting, it's called the Star/Flag system.

The only thing ATS does not allow is negative starring or flagging, and for good reasons. We focus on the positive.

Besides the site redesign has been going on for atleast a year, and a bulk of the new features were MEMBER generated based on a thread called " What would you like to see ATS/BTS" or something like that.

True story.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   

The only thing I agree with you on is the recent posts all being in white but I am very OCD with color and organizing using color
I knew that I liked certain forums so I would scan the recent posts first of those colors and then I would look at the rest. I will get use to the new look of it.

Personally I don't care what a site looks like. I look at the content of the site. ATS could be black and white with no colors, pictures, avy/fancy profile stuff, flags, stars and so on and I would still read and participate because those features are not why I come to ATS. I come here to read the information provided and interact with people who have the same thoughts and ideas.....it's sort of how I feel about cars. I don't care what it looks like if it gets me from point A to point B then I am happy. ATS gets me from point A to point B, the fancy dressing or design of the site are no influence on me...but that is me

I think ATS members have a lot of say in the site. They listen to our suggestions and give us feed back on what they use and why they don't use other things. They almost always make a thread in regards to changes.

I may get frustrated with the media section but I am not savy with that stuff and I know there are helpful members on here who can help if you ask.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

The only thing I agree with you on is the recent posts all being in white but I am very OCD with color and organizing using color
I knew that I liked certain forums so I would scan the recent posts first of those colors and then I would look at the rest. I will get use to the new look of it.

Right, my pet peeve are things that are substandard either due to over design or often wrong computer analytics, substandard work or planning, and or just plain ignorance backed up by a degree in this or that.

A good chief listens to his people instead of outsourcing things...a computer... please.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
I have tried twice to post a breaking news story, to no avail.

I just get a blank page when I have hit the submit button.

More than a little frustrating, as I spent a bit of time on the post.

Can anyone help with this please?

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I've never complained about ATS, but the 'RECENT POSTS 'are WAY too hard to read now ... They're now hurting my eyes.

I realise it supposedly looks funkier because it's all standardized, but it's bloody hard to read.

I'm not one to complain because something is new, in fact, I love new things... but this is just a more expensive type of wrong.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

My eyes wouldnt let me see the page either. Something with the way the colors contrast/blend. Just looked like a big screen of green slime.

You can use ABP to kill the image they use to create the painful eye-raping green mess. Kill all the images and you're left with a slightly lighter background than how it used to be.

that's what I had to do just to see that there was indeed text in that green vomit splash.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I'm not sure, but maybe this will be helpful.

Recent Posts Page - Grey Screen

Originally posted here

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I'm still getting cyber artifacts when I change from My personalized to a thread.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Ive got to agree that the Recent Posts are too hard to read . Kinda too bright to scan though easily.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

That is my biggest complaint, I hope they change that back because I will "not" get used to it!

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
In the last 30mins I have not gotten any topics to load on the Recent Posts page. All that loads is the page header, background, nav & page title. Under the page title, usually where the topics are located, is just one line:

Unknown column '95a' in 'where clause'

Anyone else having this problem?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I have read many posters, saying the "recent poasts" screen"hard to read", which is the only one I use, besides "my ats"

I don't find it hard to read, but I sure do miss the different forums haveing their own color scheme....but I also know the staff is still working out bugs, and this is not the correct place to state this.
But now I said it....no need to re-ply...just throwing it out there...

Thanks as always Doc H.

Love the new layout!!!!!! staff deserves 12.21 million star & flags!
TY Springer and SO, and Armap and all those that made this come to be....!

[edit on 8-9-2010 by Doc Holiday]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
In the last 30mins I have not gotten any topics to load on the Recent Posts page. All that loads is the page header, background, nav & page title. Under the page title, usually where the topics are located, is just one line:

Unknown column '95a' in 'where clause'

Anyone else having this problem?

This morning everything was going great & now I'm back to the same problem. I know there are site changes happening right now (love the new site!!!!), but I'm wondering if it's me, or the site.

Any help would be great! - Thanks!

Here is a screen shot:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/89752905cc63.png[/atsimg]

[edit on 8-9-2010 by OneisOne]

[edit on 8-9-2010 by OneisOne]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I can't reproduce that at all... how often are you seeing it?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thanks for the reply!

Happened yesterday afternoon on my laptop, then it just happened again on my desktop. It happened both times after I hit the little red(-) under the post title. I wouldn't mind it if I could just clear cookies and cache and then have it work again, but no go, So be warned! I've had to switch browsers to get the post to show properly. I even tried logging out of the site, clearing cache, cookies & history and visiting the page, same thing every time: Unknown column '95a' in 'where clause'

Now that it happened a 2nd time on a different computer, I'll stop hitting the little red (-) until the site settles in.

Question, is this the place to report new site bugs, or should I be posting somewhere else?

Thanks again!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 279  280  281    283  284  285 >>

join