It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 106
<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

oh really ? - the only website i use that features any sort of secure ` auto-log off ` is my online banking service

the next two that ` come close ` are ebay and paypal - but they both allow 24 hours activity from log on till time out

so what are these ` good websites ` that provide such brilliant security ??

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I have a question; Is it possible to remove a friend from my friend list, without making the person a foe. I didnt realize at the time we became friends that this persons views on other issues are extremely against what I believe.

I cant find a "Edit Friend" button and dont want to add to Foe list.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

There should be an X to their name a RED X if you click that, that will remove that friend or fiend...

link   
There is a little box beside the person's name, you just click it and it removes them from your friends list.

link   

Go to your profile, and click on the little red x beside their name that will eliminate them from your friend list and not add them to your foe list.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hahaha!

Three hits for the answer at the same time!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld
I have a question; Is it possible to remove a friend from my friend list, without making the person a foe. I didnt realize at the time we became friends that this persons views on other issues are extremely against what I believe.

I cant find a "Edit Friend" button and dont want to add to Foe list.
Member Tools -> Public Profile, the little red "x" next to the name on your friend list.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Thanks It only worked on my sharp friends but at the bottom it says people who chose me and there is not an X. How do I remove that?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yes thank you for all the help. Now I know where to go for issues!

Still one problem there is only an X below sharp friends and not those that chose me. Maybe I cant control the ones who chose me??

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Can't help who chooses you as a friend or foe.

It's their choice.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

O.K Thank you! Someone alerted me to read this persons threads; although I havent read all threads of other friends either and wont for now.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

No problem. You could send the person a u2u and tell them to unfriend you for whatever reason. But be kind and calm about it and I am sure they will comply. And hey the worse they can say is no.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Don't know if this is the place, I hope so though. I am wondering if a staff member can give me an update on my complaint/suggestion I sent a couple weeks ago about some u2us not getting through, it isn't only myself but other members I have spoken with.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Yep this is the right place, I wish I could help you out but I do not hav ethat authority. I will try and get a mod around here to help you out. Be back!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Without looking up your complaint, this sometimes happens to me, too, and I think I discovered the cause. There will be times when I remember typing out a u2u and swearing I pressed send but it's not in my outbox and the recipient never received it.

What happens is, when you press 'send,' there is a a few seconds for it to go through. It's very similar when you submit a post to a thread- there is that few seconds it takes to 'forward' your post submission to a thread. The same thing happens in u2u. If you're a speed browser like me (
), you may be guilty of hitting 'send' then immediately navigate away from the page.

Try to remember to wait until it says message sent. That should resolve the problem for you. After being a little more patient myself, I haven't had the problem since. So try that. If it is still an issue, please let me know.

Edit to add: I tested it again just now by sending u2u's to myself. The first time I waited for it to say 'message sent to AshleyD.' It appeared in my outbox and inbox. Then I sent another u2u and immediately closed the window. It did not appear in my outbox or sent box so just try to wait until the message is processed as sent.

[edit on 5/29/2009 by AshleyD]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

That could be the problem. Also have you hit your limit for u2u's? If you have you won't be able to send anymore. You can buy additional u2u space in the ATS Store.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Reply to AshleyD and Intrepid:

Thanks both of you for being so quick to respond. As far as closing the box to quick I will try it, although I didn't think I did, but it is possible so I will give it a try since it seems logical and I too get going to fast

As far as the quota of u2us I think I bought like 500 about a year ago when I started getting enough points. So that means 500 a month right?

Again thanks all (I almost forgot TheMythLives!) for your quick replies~

[off-topic content removed]

[edit on 5/29/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 5/29/2009 by jkrog08]

[edit on 29-5-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm gonna jump on the end of the latest 'issue' and put forth a request...

Can we just appreciate what is provided for us here?

We act, in general, like we have a right to post. We don't. We are lucky enough to be able to spout our thoughts here because a few people are so committed to what theyt hink is right that they have decided to make this run like a successful business.

Would you rather it be amateur?

I wouldn't.

I appreciate the professionalism, the slickness, the whole deal.

I suggest that others here who take what we have for granted do the same.

We are not 'entitled' to ATS. We do not 'deserve' ATS. We do not 'own' ATS - as members.

We are here by the good nature of the owners of this website.

If you forget this at any point, take a look around.

Enjoy, Respect, Interact

Simples

I love ATS. I love what we stand for.

I hate the pedants who can't equal this and choose to hate on us.

Join us or chill.

The choice is yours.

Peace,

MGGG

[edit on 29-5-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

2nd edit: still can't spell....

[edit on 29-5-2009 by machinegun_go_go]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Hi jkrog, no that's 500 TOTAL, ever in your box at once... So, if you have over 500 total u2us delete or buy more...

Now if only we could figure out how to turn those points into money for more servers...

Springer...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Question:
Sorry if I'm just missing it but is there a way to get search results into chronological order?

new topics

top topics

<< 103  104  105    107  108  109 >>

join