It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disgusting Ad....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
There is an ad that apears on the right side of the Page...

It shows a picture of a young, pale, women, who looks like she just woke up in a bed after being raped.

This ad looks Disgusting.

It says, "Who Exploited Miley Cryus?"

I don't know who this is, but can i not see this trashy little whore-look-a-like on my screen anymore.

Is this the girl that was with E. Spitzer?

Ill just resize my window so i don't have to see this little whore anymore.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Nah mate, she's some kid on the Disney channel. been some kinda flap about her lately for some reason. mostly just another girl going downhill I guess. Edist; though what the heck she's doin' in ads, I ain't got a clue.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
TKain:

If you do a search, you'd see that Miley Cyrus is Country Singer and actor Billy Ray Cyrus's Daughter. He and she both star on the Disney show Hannah Montana.

Recently, she had a picture released that showed her in a negative light. The pic to the right is a portion of that image. According to this CNN video, she did this as a photo gig with vanity Fair.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

TheBorg

P.S. How I know all of this is because my nephews watch her all of the time on Disney. They always ask to watch her show when they're over visiting.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Actually Miley is not 'a little whore' , she is a 15 yr old child. A Disney and television star who was recently photographed by a famous photographer, famous for photo's exactly like this one. The photographer , it is said by Miley's father, took this photo after he left the session, and without his approval. Miley has given a public apology for the photo, but given that she is 15 and the photographer is older and a proffesional, I think the photographer is guilty of expoiting Miley. But please, don't refer to this child as a 'little whore', reserve that for Perez Hilton!

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I beg to differ,

She is whatever Disney and the Hollywood mind-benders union make her to be for our entertainment. This is what they do. Haven't you all realized this is a never-ending stream of little girls to watch as they rise to the heights of the shallow and transient commercial starship, and then plummet for our voyeuristic pleasure?

This is not anything new. It WILL happen again and again until it becomes transparently clear what kind of 'entertainment' game this is. RATINGS MATTER and nothing gets better ratings than when someone we have been conditioned to 'love' becomes the object of shame and scorn.

I would advise you to stop watching, but they'll just get desperate and drive their little herd of star-children over a cliff to get us watching again. It is the 'programmers' of this 'empire of entertainment' who are without shame.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
HmMm...can we think of another Disney star who recently exploited herself???

Maybe...Vanessa Hudgens?

And you can't be saying that Miley was taken advantage of...she's old enough to make her own decisions...and she obviously though this was a good one, untill she realized how skanky it looks

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

May be many will not agree but I believe you have hit the nail straight on. She's getting to the age where she can be moved to the next level.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
She's a precocious young 15 year old girl and I personally haven't had any problem with any photos I have seen. It's a big to do about nothing in my opinion. Any press is good press they say.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Whatever the case, kids are growing up way too fast.

Must be something in the food.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Definitely the sexification of another Disney youth. The damage that Miley Cyrus will do to the youth of the world will be tenfold what Britney Spears did.

Disney's purpose for being is the mind control and corruption of youth, period!

Peace

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I don't see any ads right now, but if it's the same one I am thinking about... I couldn't agree more. That ad had been annoying me to no end for almost two years now, because I could also see it at Care2 and other websites.
I even got THIS close to writing to the webmaster of a website once, but reconsidered: after all, what was I going to say? "Personally I can't stand the look of that pale, dull face..."?

I am sure she is a nice and interesting person. But the fact - sad or not - is that certain faces (by that I mean the expression they project - or they're given by the photographers & editors) can make one dislike them profoundly, thereby diverting attention from whatever they are advertising.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
looks like she just woke up in a bed after being raped.

I'm afraid to ask how you know what this looks like. I'll assume it's from watching too much CSI. (The Special Victim's Unit version).

Ill just resize my window so i don't have to see this little whore anymore.

That's quite the imagination you have my good man. Rape, whore? Are you implying that she was paid to have non-consensual sex? I looked through the photographs in question and found no such evidence. Do you have more evidence to the contrary?

www.vanityfair.com...

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Is this maybe like a rorschach inkblot test? Some people see what appears to be a sweet young 15 year old kid and other people see a raped woman or a whore. I mean if that photo is scandalous some of your heads must explode when you go to the beach or the pool.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

its about what it implies and its suggestive meaning is explicit. u just dont look at a photo at face value you have to see what its trying to tell you and here my friend the pic tell that mily cyrus has grown up enough to be part of vanity fair; and like any other famous teenager out there, "you should thank us(vanity fair) for bringing you that exclusive maturity transition that you all have been waiting to see" except they got it wrong those bastards because no one wanted to see that. they have no problem at all with it, they dont care they just want a britny spears in the making as britany spears doesnt generate enough interest anymore. basically they are saying "see now you can watch this little girl blossom into a vanity fair whore, thank us late
"
a topless 15 year old are u kidding me! they should be shut down because this has gone to far.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i don't have a problem with the pictures and neither does my wife. i might not let my daughter take pics like that, but in the end, the pics don't show anything and aren't any more provocative than some of the clothed girls i see walking around.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

Disney has learned from the mistakes made with Britney, Christina and Jessica and they're rearing the next generation of young skanks. Maybe this time around she'll make it into her 30s before becoming a drug addicted, psychotic, umbrella wielding beast.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
..the pics don't show anything and aren't any more provocative than some of the clothed girls i see walking around.

Agreed, but the girls you see walking around aren't icons for girls age 5-15 whose minds are still formative and impressionable. Miley Cyrus looks like she just had a roll in the hay on that Vanity Fair cover. She's freakin' 15 y/o!!! Billy Ray Cyrus should be ashamed of himself.

We prosecute child sex offenders relentlessly, as we should, but then the media glorifies child sexuality. Children are gonna have sex, but there's no need to exacerbate the situation and push them towards it by portraying it as "alright" and "it's just art".

Peace

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I as a woman, have major problems with the picture she took since she is only 15 and the last thing we need is to feed the sick desires of child pedophiles. Grant it, those people could look at a BabyGap add.....

However, I completely understand artisitc modeling such as this and I actually love the photographers work (Annie Leibovitz). Miley looks BEAUTIFUL in this photo IMO. But she is only 15 and she should not be looking "sexy"

I find it alarming the words the OP chose, as those thoughts would never have entered my mind, nor the mind of guys I know.

The thoughts that entered my mind is that Miley's whole life has been in the limelight. She craves the attention and knows just how to get it. She knows nothing else. She is a 15yr old girl who is surrounded by Hollywood. And what does Hollywood sell? SEX

Society obviously loves to sexualize our children. If they didnt - it would not sell! The problem lies with society FIRST. You dont like this kind of "art" or "entertainment" dont buy it. But that is not what is happening. Society is lapping it all up and begging for more.

Miley has had numerous "sexually suggestive" photos hit the public recently....This one is actually more tame then some others I have seen. Believe it or not.

I just hope she has good parents who have laid a good foundation for her...and hopefully she wont stray too far. I hope she doesnt go down the path of Britney Spears who is an absolute embarrassment and horrible example as to what a WOMAN and MOTHER should be.

Too bad most guys cant see this

[edit on 5-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I still don't see any relevant ads (maybe I've developed a blind spot for them
), and it doesn't really matter, but I just wanted to say that, from what I can gather, the ad you are talking about is NOT the one I had in mind.

[edit on 5-5-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Oh and back on topic a little more. LOL

I dont think the owners/admin have any real say in what ads we see.

The reason why some are not seeing this particular ad, is that they are random and change all the time.

The worst ad for me is the ad with all the bugs crawling all over it
I have a severe bug phobia and I freak out when I see it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join