It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Austrian woman kept prisoner by father

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Austrian woman kept prisoner by father

uk.reuters.com

An Austrian woman says she was kept prisoner and abused by her own father for 24 years in a basement dungeon in eastern Austria, where she bore him seven children, Austrian police said on Sunday.

The 42-year-old woman has been named by police as Elisabeth F. and told authorities she had been abused by her father, now 73, since the age of 11.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OH MY , This is sick beyond belief , that poor child, why oh why are people like this , how can they sleep at night? i know i couldn't.

She Bore him SEVEN kids .. her own father ....i am lost for words...

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

CX

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just been reading this on Sky, a bizzare and twisted read if there was ever one.

With the father in his 70's though, i doubt he'll get any kind of a decent sentence for this, or not anything he'll live out.

Shame he was'nt caught sooner.

CX.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
this is the second case of imprisoned girls from austria to hit the news and i thought the previous case was bad enough!

what sick, twisted, evil person could do such an horrendous thing to his own daughter? i so wish there was a test that could identify these sickos so they can be removed permanently from society.

what i don't understand is the claim that his wife knew nothing at all about it! how can you live in a house all those years and not notice a thing?

CX

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by justyc

what i don't understand is the claim that his wife knew nothing at all about it! how can you live in a house all those years and not notice a thing?

I know what you mean. For a start, you'd think his wife would start wondering where all the kids were coming from would'nt you?

CX.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX

I know what you mean. For a start, you'd think his wife would start wondering where all the kids were coming from would'nt you?

CX.

yeah i thought that myself (though the article mentions something about adoption/fostering so it wasn't clear who they were talking about ie, were they the daughters children or totally separate children), but look at the tiles and bathroom suite etc seen on the recent pictures shown of the cellar. the daughter said he had constantly expanded the cellar and i think you would notice all that work being done in your own house somehow. not to mention the amount of food that he would have had to buy to feed them all. no-one is that ignorant of their immediate surroundings - it wasn't even that big a house from the look of it.

that picture of the creep reminds me of vincent price as dr phibes
news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
This is horrifying.

There is no feasable way the mother did not know about this.

There is another case very similar to this that happened in the US. However, the father didnt have any children with his prisoner daughter. That story is horrible. Here is the story: en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 28-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

If you're going to ask about the mother, then you've got to ask about the older children too. 18 and 19 years old is old enough to find something screwy going on if it's obvious.

This is like that movie 'The People Under The Stairs" except more disgusting, disturbing and sadistic. And the children.......

Totally #ed up.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Three of her children, aged 19, 18 and 5, had been locked up in the cellar with her since birth and had never seen sunlight. The younger two were boys, the eldest a girl.

Never seen daylight!! 19 !! how sad.

Three other children -- two girls and one boy -- were adopted and brought up by Fritzl and his wife Rosemarie.

he AND his wife adopted three others ? did his wife not ask were these children came from? and what had happened to their daughter? she claims ignorance? lies lies , lock em both up and throw away the key.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i believe the maximum sentence that can be imposed on this man is 15 years!!

he imprisoned her for 24 YEARS!! , sad sad

i supposed its because he's 73?!? for the first time in my adult left the death sentence as an option flickered through my mind in this particular case.

CX

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Just read this on Sky News, a fascinating read showing the amazement of the children as they stepped into the real world for the first time. Imagine seeing the moon for the first time ever!

Cellar children see the outside world

CX.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Just thought I'd update this thread with a new article.

Incest Dad: 'I Am Not a Monster'

"I could have killed them all," reads the front page headline of today's Bild Zeitung. And Fritzl, dubbed a monster by the Austrian media, told his lawyer, Rudolf Mayer, "I'm not a monster," according to today's report.

****SKIP****

"I could have killed them all, and no one would ever have known, no one would ever have found out," he reportedly told his lawyer.

Fritzl has confessed to locking up his daughter for almost 24 years, and fathering seven children with her during that time.

****SKIP****

"If it wasn't for me, Kerstin would not be alive today," Fritzl is quoted by his lawyer as saying. "It was me who made sure she was taken to hospital."

This guy is truly a demented human being.

He keeps people looked up in a basement, one for 24 years, and the others their WHOLE LIFE, and then pats himself on the back for taking one of them to a hospital when they were deathly ill, saying he's not a monster because of that ONE act!

Truly disgusting person!

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

"I'm not a monster"........

if it wasn't for him, poor kerstin wouldn't exist! imagine what those poor children will have to grow up with mentally knowing how they were fathered by that monster.

and his excuse - all for her protection? who the hell did he think he was protecting her from? rapists and kidnappers?

this guy truly is one sick, demented individual who definitely knew what he was doing - he even seems to have planned his daughters imprisonment years in advance.

i can think of no better word (within ats t&c) that describes him better than 'monster' so he better get used to it because he's going to be hearing it a lot for the rest of his miserable life!

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by justyc

new topics

top topics

join