It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Pictures of the Michigan Dogman? (And another look at the Gable Film)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
A little history first.

For those who didn't see the original thread, The Gable Film is believed to have been shot in the 1970's and shows some kind of large, blurry creature charging the cameraman. The creature catches him (we assume) and there are a few mouth-and-fur shots. The original Gable Film link has been removed, but here is a 'variated' one on Youtube. ATS members debated on whether or not it was the actual Michigan Dogman, a dog, gorilla, bear, or any number of other things.

While perusing Wikipedia (because of boredom and a little spare time on my hands) I stumbled on this site that supposedly shows an update on The Gable Film. It shows a handful of frames that give you a pretty good look at how the creature changed from simian-esque to canine in a few seconds.

But the reason I'm posting this is because of the next page on that website. It contains an interesting story accompanied by some just-as-interesting pictures. Apparently some guy, looking for prime hunting land, set up a motion-detection camera on a particularly nice piece of southern Michigan.

[The camera-owner] did capture several images of deer in the following days, but one day, he found the camera dangling from its cord, knocked from the platform. After downloading the camera's contents into him computer, he was shocked to discover the images that follow.

According to the site, this eye can be viewed two ways: by imagining that it's a profile shot, or that it's front-on and the eye we're seeing is actually the left eye looking to the right.

Considered from this perspective, the dark line above the eye takes on the shape of an eyebrow. Keep in mind this eye had to be at least six feet above the ground when the image was taken.

Next up is the teeth. The poster mentions 'misshapen' canine teeth and says that this must have been taken shortly after the trailcam was knocked over. They also say that it appears the creature is snarling or smiling.

Finally, the foot. The poster says that it appears the foot is on top of a 'skinned deer leg' but that the owner of the camera said there was no blood, fur, or bones when he returned to the scene. Also, this picture, they speculate, was taken as the camera "dangled" from it cord.

So, ATSers, what do you think about these pictures? I'm curious to see what everyone else says.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
cool, never saw this before, thx for posting.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Weird. The first two photo's look like some kind of animal, but the feet picture looks like a dog foot and a human hand with a dog foot on it. I dunno what I am looking at....

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
I don't believe those photos. Especially the eye lacks any life signs.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Frankly these images are of little value.

Running them through jpeg snoop I have extracted the exif data and they have clearly been through photoshop, here is an extract from the first one below:

EXIF IFD0 @ Absolute x[00000026]
Dir Length = x[0007]
[Orientation ] = 1
[XResolution ] = 72/1
[YResolution ] = 72/1
[ResolutionUnit ] = 2
[Software ] = Adobe Photoshop 7.0
[DateTime ] = 2007:11:26 23:15:41
[ExifOffset ] = x009C
Offset to Next IFD = [000000C8]

To get any meaning from these images the original unedited images are needed.

Where are they ?

If they are not available then it says one thing and one thing only....Hoax.

Obtain the originals then it may be worth talking about.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Re: The Gable film stills. It isn't a dogman or a bigfoot. You need to look at the entire picture, magnified preferably. The "creature in the center is the same as the rest of the creatures in the picture. If you compress water vapor (invisible) you get a cloud (visible). Same principle applies to these beings, they are difficult to see in their normal uncompressed state. However when they desire to be seen, they compress, in the Gable case, there was a difference of opinion as to what they were going to compress into.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments. I'm never home over the weekends (and there's no Internet where I go) so I couldn't reply to them as they came in.

Sherpa: Unfortunately I don't have access to the originals. I found these online and thought they were interesting. Real? No, probably not, but I wanted to see some other opinions before I ran in screaming "Fake fake fake!"

The eye looks like a normal dog. I could probably get just as defined an 'eyebrow' if I zoomed in on one of my Great Danes' eyes and had someone to the far left or right get their attention. One of them actually has the same amberish colored eyes as the image. If this hunter actually caught these pictures on a trail cam, his claim that this "was taken six feet off the ground" could easily be disputed by saying that it was knocked over before the dog came along and said dog was curious about an odd object (I know mine are) and wandered up for a look.

The snout, again, looks like an average dog. My Danes' jaws aren't fluffy at all so I couldn't recreate that one, though.

I'm still not sure about the foot. Possibly because I'm not completely clear on what I'm seeing in the photo. The foot looks fluffy, but at the same time not.

[edit on 21-4-2008 by Zyanith]

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I may have come across a bit harsh in my response on reflection but at least you know where I am coming from with certain pictures posted on the web.

My question "where are the originals" was not necessarily aimed at you but was a generic question that anyone should be asking themselves when seeing images like this.

Anyway I like your cat

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Oh, I'm about as skeptical as they come, no worries. I take all of my images with a grain of salt, and while I might find them interesting it doesn't necessarily mean I believe they're genuine.

Not my cat, unfortunately. I'd love to have a sphinx, but right now I've settled for a psychotic little gray tabby.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Oh, I'm about as skeptical as they come, no worries. I take all of my images with a grain of salt, and while I might find them interesting it doesn't necessarily mean I believe they're genuine.

Good for you.

Not my cat, unfortunately. I'd love to have a sphinx, but right now I've settled for a psychotic little gray tabby.

Psychotic grey tabbies are the best kind

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Doesn't the creature i the video look like a gorilla? Was there a circus or zoo nearby that lost one? Doesn't even have to be recently as there are plenty of big cat stories that probably are a result of big cats escaping years ago. Anyways, watch some gorilla footage and compare it to how this creature moves.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
From the information given, it seems kind of weird that such a good picture of the eye could come from the camera. It looks almost as if the "dogman" was looking directly into the lens. I mean anything is possible, but it just seems like too good of a picture to have come from a stand alone camera...I could be wrong though.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Wow so interesting. The original video was really interesting but it's so hard to tell what it is:S

Someone say that there is a zoo close to that spot with gorillas, but he might be wrong:S

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
When I first saw the video, I was amazed at the possibility. But as seen in the original thread Gable Film - Michigan Dogman, wasn't it claimed as an 'unintentional hoax' ??

Although I don't remember hearing (definitively) how it was done, it was purported as a hoax.

I would have to say that the 'new' pictures in all probability would be something else and not associated with the Dog-Man movie.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
The Michigan dog-man was a radio April fools day joke that was done by Steve Cook of WTCM radio in 1987. He admits to having made it up:

So goes the first line of the song that has chilled Michigan radio listeners for over 20 years. In reality, “The Legend” began on a chilly March morning in 1987. WTCM radio morning personality Jack O'Malley was seeking an idea for an April Fool's prank to play on his listeners. He sat down to brainstorm with WTCM production director Steve Cook, who said he might have something.
"It really wasn't a song, or a poem, or even a story then," reflected Cook, "just the core of an idea." An avid folklore collector since his youth, Cook was especially fascinated by hauntings and unusual animals. Choosing characteristics of Bigfoot, the Boggy Creek monster from Arkansas, the Jersey Devil, and several other "cryptids," Cook created a mythical half-man, half-dog, and wrote several verses about appearances of the creature. He placed the events in Northern Michigan towns, and gave the dogman a mysterious chronological nature. Each sighting occurs in the seventh year of the decade.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
wow, being a hunter, I never knew trail cams could shoot macro images.....the first one is easily a fake, not to mention something that close to a trail cam would not be in focus like those images. Also not the coloring of the hair in first one doesnt really match the color of the hair in the jaw/teeth shot

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Hey ringing, don't you know that you never ruin a good story with facts. I would tell you that the wolf-imitator is an alien or even a werewolf because of the visible evidence of the pictures and the fact that the entity detected and realigned the camera. That exhibits more technical knowledge than one would expect a wolf to have. Above is the "Gable" entity, at least, it is the white still that was posted. I hesitate to call the entities "shapeshifters", i have a failing for thinking a shapeshifter is one creature with the ability to change into another creature, a one for one exchange. The Gable thing is multiple creatures realigning themselves in a "morphing" type action from one appearance to another. In this case, multiple changes occuring simultaneously. Man, bear wolf in the course of a couple seconds culminating in an attack on the cameraperson.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I have several game cams they will not take close ups like the eye or teeth. The foot shot maybe but the foot is a dead wolfs.

mikell

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Click on photo for normal sized picture and comparison with the Michigan Dogman. This Maya statue shares startling physical appearance with the Michigan Dogman. This offers evidence that the Mesoamericans were familiar with these entities and held them in respect, hence the statue. It also extends the range of the Dogman to Mexico and Central America.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
This is another "Gable" still. The morphing creature (visible) traps your attention while the unseen portion encircles and traps its victims. They can take more than one victim at a time. They NEVER flee the scene of their crimes, they know you cannot see them nor can you harm them. They blend into their surroundings and are more comfortable in trees than on the ground.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join