It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where'd the War on Drugs Go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 08:53 PM
link   
sorry if this has already been posted, but where did all of our "wars" go???

hmmm the "war on drugs", havent heard that statement uddered in a while, i also havent heard "war on terrorism"

and i mean this in a sense of people discussing something one on one with one another, not a line on CNN or an article in a paper, i mean, something people actually talk about (excluding ATS because everything is discussed) in daily life. something people actually care about anymore???

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Bush can only seem to concentrate on one thing at a time for some reason...

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
that reason is...........

NOBODY KNOWS>........

or do they? maybe THATS what their hiding in Area 51, the stupid gene! its where they grow our presidents!

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   
shhhh.. don't remind them

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The War on Drugs was a failure so they started the war on terrorism to distract the public from the fact that drugs are still freely available in your country (and so they should be... well certain types at least)

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
that is so true

the War On Cookies...its coming i can see it..NOOOOOOOOOO

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
What War on Drugs? Ohhh you mean the "ficticious" War on drugs the US gov has been fighting all these years. *sigh*

Listen people there is no "war on Drugs". The CIA is responsible for most of the drug trade around the world.

Here read.... get educated:
CIA & DRUGS

A great collection of articles. You may also find some great articles on: WHATREALLYHAPPENED

posted on Feb, 25 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
there was no "war on drugs" true...its not like american soldiers were firing machine guns at joints and we were giving lethal injection to a big bag of weed, though that would be really funny.

the sad thing is though, these are all the "wars" we know about but arent really there. what about all the actual wars that ARE there that we know nothing about??

my cousin is in special ops, and about 3 or 4 years ago he was in a middle eastern country (shhh cant say any names, he wouldnt tell me) making maps. they used thes maps in war a few months later.

i asked, what war??

he said, im not allowed to talk about it.

i asked, well you dont have to tell me about the actual happening, but which war was it, kuwait, korea, what?

he says- the war does not have a name that i am at liberty to discuss with anyone not in the armed forces.

i ask- so wait, nobody even knows this war even happened?????

he says- i am not at liberty to discuss....

i ask you now- WHAT THE HEFFA JEFFA?!?!?!?

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Yes, you're right. There has never been a war on drugs. It's a war on people who believe it's their right to control their own bodies and minds. It's a war against personal freedom. It's a war against your right to make decisions concerning your own welfare.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There was never any such thing as 'the war on dugs', pretty much like the 'war on terror' that Bush is 'fighting' right now.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
The war on drugs has always been a failure. The word war seems to be synonymous with failure. That's how we do things here. Declare war on the things that we're not actually going to do anything about, but make it seem like we are...

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by Thorfinn Skullsplitter]

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
War on Drunk Driving trumps all fake wars as far as infringing on Americans rights.

Or should I say the War on slightly tipsy people that MAY commit a crime.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
shhhh.. don't remind them

Thats what Im saying, If its not broke dont fix it.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
They're wars over money.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
dont we have the right to know about all these secret wars and such? i mean we do have rights about these things...

if you really want to know go to every single middle east country and look for shoot outs... of course watch out for the lunatics blowing themselves up.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The government will never tell us about the secret wars... that's why they are secret

As for the war on cookies... god forbid that day comes, I'll defect to Canada

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
According to most of the members at ATS, the war lost. Witness all the imbibers around.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm waiting for the war against stupid people.
Most politicians will easily fit into that category, by my definition.

posted on Feb, 29 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
secret wars are only secret to the people who are not involved.

personally, the war on drugs DID lose....or at least somebody reintroduced the leader to pot.

most likely the latter.

the war is over, seeing how no one has burst through my classroom door and put my tech app teacher in handcuffs

top topics

join