It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are human's well known in the universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
This is my own theory of mankind itself and you might think it is over top but like i said its just my own theory.

everyday on the news there are act of violence and crime's around the world right? well i get this feeling that human's were very very strong and very advanced in the past and human's are selfish right? well human's have lived on another planet similiar to earth and were power greedy and selfish and may of tried to take over the whole universe! and the e.t's must of united together and put mankind to extinction so millions and millions and millions into the future mankind has evolved again and are getting evan more advanced every year and now we are getting ufo sightings all over the world,maybe the aliens are watching us thinking we might try another attempt to take over the universe again? and the alien's have a very speicial weapon that can wipe out the entire planet in seconds!

So that is the end of my theory like i said at the top this theory is crazy and you may think of me as a nutcase who need's help.
Please post your opinions thanks.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Curtalert

and the alien's have a very speicial weapon that can wipe out the entire planet in seconds!

I would have to say beings that you talk about can do much more than just destory a single world.. Try a weapon that could destroy an entire galaxy!
If these beings are going planet to planet, its going to take way too long!
They will need to instill fear upon the entire galaxy itself.
As I belive each Galaxy is governed by a power that holds power over all planets within the galaxy. Which in turn answer to an even higher power beyond that galaxy. Prehaps like a Federation of galaxies. And even that Federation would answer to an even higher calling.. My question to you would be, where does it end? Where does the power peak?
Yet to say are humans well known threwout the universe?
Prehaps not earth, but as human archtype in general, IM sure there are many other human types all over the universe. Or atleast this sector of the universe.. There could be places within the universe that are so much different than our own sectors that humanoids are not the standard.
And other types of arch-o-types are formed.
But yes I think humans, or humanoids are well known threwout the universe. Or to say atleast many galaxies.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by zysin5]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I think the theory has merit, that possibly we are under watch to prevent past mistakes or past atrocities such as our own past genocides. However, I think at this point in time, unless the governments have some technologies far more advanced than what we would ever imagine, that we are not really a threat to anyone beyond our solar system.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I'm more inclined to believe that the Aliens have crafted this entire world to breed aggression in us, purely in order to use us as a weapon against their enemies.

The question is, can they control our aggressiveness?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I didnt mean that aliens created us to create agression in us,i meant like that human's may have lived millions and millions and millions of years ago and may had been so hungry for power that humanity tried to take over the universe but aliens stop us and pushed us to being extinct but humanity (us) have once again evolved from simple organism's to human's again, and with all the ufo sightings aliens may have been watching us and trying to stop us from doing the same event that happend millions and millions and millions of years ago and try to make humanity a part of the galatic community.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Well, i sincerely doubt that the level of Aggression your talking about is limited to humans only - it's quite likely that there are more than a few entirely Aggressive, Imperialistic overlords of entire Galaxies out there in the big wide Universe.

Hench why i think it's more plausible to believe the aliens created us as a weapon to be used against the aforesaid overlords - after all, if they are peaceful aliens who would prefer not to harm other species, there may be some remarkable moral loophole we haven't encountered yet (because we're so damn primitive
) involving creating another species in order to protect the peaceful Aliens.

Of course, what the hell does plausibility matter when it comes to inter-galactic space wars?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sorry i misread your opinion please forgive me i hope this doesnt start anything fight's thanks for your opinion.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Curtalert]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You know, you could have just said thanks.

I'd of even been inclined to let you ignore me after that - provided you didn't make some witty remark or allusion or something that could be seen as insulting to myself.

You'll excuse me if i get a little defensive now and again, i'm a remarkably sensitive person, even if my mannerisms don't show it.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You make it sound as if there's an increase in UFO sightings, when really there's a lot every year, people just tend to live in the moment and forget last years many many posts.

Your theory seems pretty....ridiculous.

The universe is just so big, and we're so small and unimportant. We have enough trouble dealing with ourselves, no way they would think we had the ability to take over a universe. Hell, we can't even take over the moon lol.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

millions and millions into the future mankind has evolved again

no species in the history of the fossil record has ever become extinct then re-appeared or re-evolved again.

in evolution this is called dollos law. We see it all the time, a species will go extinct and no matter how long the timescale it does not re-appear in the fossil record.

if humans were wiped out by some kind of virus there would probably never be another technological civilization on earth again. Unless it came from another star system of course

[edit on 15-4-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If ETs come here as often as I think they do, then I believe we are a group that is near and dear to the hearts of several advanced beings elsewhere in the universe. Though I think their attachment is more out of pity for how we live and treat our fellow man and the planet in general.

I know if I was living somewhere other than Earth, watching it from afar as a single race of intelligent beings did horrible things to themselves and their environment, I would feel very bad for them and would hope the situation got better, if not actively attempt to solve the problems of these wayward creatures.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Frith]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

if humans were wiped out by some kind of virus there would probably never be another technological civilization on earth again. Unless it came from another star system of course

not true, who's to say that after the human species was extinct that thousands to millions of years later another species wouldn't evolve and follow in our foot steps. Maybe bugs, birds or reptiles.......or Apes. Damn those dirty apes!!!

Then they could find our fossils and put our bones in museums like we do with the dinosaurs.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Oh and to the original post, yes I do believe we are well known at least in our galaxy considering all the ufo's checking us out.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Thank you all for posting your opinion's on this thread and as i said before this theory may sound crazy but i thank you all for posting your comment's.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

not true, who's to say that after the human species was extinct that thousands to millions of years later another species wouldn't evolve and follow in our foot steps. Maybe bugs, birds or reptiles.......or Apes. Damn those dirty apes!!!

hehe i know your comment was light hearted but you pose an interesting question. How do we know? becuase we know there are only a finite number of toggle switches in the genes of the evolutionary process to develop technological intelligence. All the animals on earth today have long since missed the boat by millions of years. Ask a paelentologist for more detail on that or look it up if it interests you.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Humans are like dandelions. Yes, you'll find their kind sprinkled throughout the galaxy (probably the universe, but who knows for sure).

Humans typically infest what otherwise would be a scenic serene planet. They are considered invasive, like head lice. In small numbers they are pretty harmless and docile and cute to observe, like monkeys. But when they become an infestation, and their unnatural feasting party begins to run out-of-control and on the verge of ruining a valuable ranching planet, that's when the exterminators, the harvesters, must be called in to restore natural harmony and balance upon the planets humans are confined to.

Don't feel bad though, your species is not without one redeeming quality: The reptilians consider your brains a tasty holiday delicatessen. Come on, don't be hypocrites (ha), think of it like your own deer hunting season. Hey, consider yourselves fortunate you have at least THAT going for your species. If not for that reason alone, there might not be a need for humans. I mean, I can't think of anything they are naturally good for other than that. Can you?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think we are known to those out there who have picked up our radio and tv singals. When you think about it, they have the 1936 Olympics and many re runs of I Love Lucy !! Lovely !!
But if they were really intrigded by this then they could probbaly tune in to more recent broadcasts...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
We're probably just know as "that poor, little blue planet" where the majority of inhabitants are too closed off from everything (other than themselves) to notice (or even consider) that there is much more to life than what they see.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think that we're probably well-known around the
universe because of the signals we give off showing
that at any given chance, we'd blow the planet up!

My mate... Dave, he's also well known around our village,
but people avoid him because of his... shall we say 'sordid'
habits.
So go figure.

He saw a plane once and pointed.
I think that soon, maybe 2012.. they'll come and get us
and all the websites in the world will sadly fail us.

Just an opinion.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I mean no offence but please do a little research on ancient history first before you jump to any conclusions.

On another note i do believe that we had a previous society before this one that is no longer around for some reason ( destruction, planetary crisis of some sort ). If you want you can check out my thread on theories of a previous society on Earth click here.

I don't think we should be thinking of millions of years back. Perhaps another race inhabited Earth? This is highly unlikley. It has been proven that we have only been in our current state of evolution for around 1 million years (maybe im wrong but close enough). So the possibility that we had a previous society was there but not far back.

Also if we did have a previous society before there is no evidence to indicate we have stripped enough resources from the planet to produce technologies that are capable of universal domination. You would need to be a type 3 civilization to achieve this and we are not even yet a type 1.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join