It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLL: McCain Best CIC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Apparently the public agrees with the Republican ability to protect and defend this country...

Poll Finds McCain Best Commander-in-Chief

Americans say Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.), the presumed Republican presidential nominee, would be a better commander-in-chief than the Democratic candidates: Sens. Hillary Clinton (N.Y.) or Barack Obama (Ill.), according to a new poll.

Poll

This should not really be a surprise as the Democrats have proven they are the Party of "Cut and Run."

It is refreshing however to see that a majority of Americans are sensible enough to be aware of what is transpiring and the dangers this country continues to face, and the Party best suited to defend it.

Semper

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
McCain is starting to grow me he isnt purely idealogical driven like many of his fellow Republicans . IMO this is the reason why McCain appeals to moderates or swing voters or will have more chances of doing so.
It wont be an ease road for McCain people are bound to ask that if there are market based solutions for health care in the US why haven't they been implemented in the last eight years ?

Another sensible question that I hope somebody asks is that if the Iraqi security forces/military cant cope in the south of the country how will they deal with the centre of the country ?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I think this is a sign of the times. Americans are feeling a bit anxious these days which reflects the Iraq mission, rising gas prices, the weakening dollar etc.

Without those conditions I think McCain suffers from Bob Dole syndrome and doesn't have a chance.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I really don't want any of them in the office but what do you do? I see three democrats on the ticket and to make sure they get one in the office they have McCain running as a republican, how can they lose? I'm tired of the two party system and really wish some other parties would step up and do something.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I don't need a POLL to tell me that anyone considering a Dem or Rep for the next CIC has no idea what "WE THE PEOPLE" are really up against.

I'm voting for Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura, for obvious reasons.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Solarskye realistically speaking the US is struck with the two party system . I support McCain concept of the League of Democracy's. So far I like McCain foreign policy it has much more promise then the ideology driven disaster that has been Bush foreign policy.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Solarskye realistically speaking the US is struck with the two party system . I support McCain concept of the League of Democracy's. So far I like McCain foreign policy it has much more promise then the ideology driven disaster that has been Bush foreign policy.

oh yes his foreign policy is so much better than Bush's....

here is an example of what your gonna get with mccain

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Well if the only thing you can do to refute McCain foreign policy is display proof that the guy has a sense of humour then you have no case what so ever . If it is implanted properly League of Democracy's could provide an outlet and reasonable guide for NZ foreign policy. While I would never support putting NZ foreign policy entirely in the hands of a foreign body diplomatic avenues are still needed in order to help maintain global security .

The UN is useless and beyond a joke clearly an alternative is needed since reform looks unlikely.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by xpert11

ok well if that isnt enough for ya ...how about this..

His experience of foreign affairs is one reason why the 71-year-old Vietnam war veteran has drawn level with both his potential Democratic rivals, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, in opinion polls, suggesting the public may accept his more muscular approach to the world.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2008/04/11/wuspols311.xml
John McCain 'would confront Russia and China' - Telegraph

of course he needs to distance himself from Bush because of the election but i believe he maybe our worst nightmare come true. he will continue the bush policy's and by flexing his muscular approach he will eventually get us into more trouble.

sorry if my perception is not acceptable

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Easynow the link you posted doesn't work . The fact I disagree you doesn't necessary make your views unacceptable to me. McCain woke up to the disaster that Rumsfeld was two years Bush and other Republicans did. This indicates to me that he is much more firmly grounded in reality then Bush and his cronies are.

Cheers xpert11.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Easynow the link you posted doesn't work . The fact I disagree you doesn't necessary make your views unacceptable to me. McCain woke up to the disaster that Rumsfeld was two years Bush and other Republicans did. This indicates to me that he is much more firmly grounded in reality then Bush and his cronies are.

Cheers xpert11.

thanks for your reply,

sorry about the link not working ...dont know why...but here it is again ...hope it works this time.

www.telegraph.co.uk.../news/2008/04/11/wuspols311.xml
John McCain 'would confront Russia and China' - Telegraph

weird i dont know why this link wont work ? never had that happen before.

well it was on Rense.com yesterday so if anyone has to see it ...it's there. but here is some of the article and my point in presenting the article was because it was saying how McCain would take a more forceful approach to Russia and China, and to me that didnt seem to much different from the current administrations thinking, only seemed to be pointed in other directions.

John McCain 'would confront Russia and China

A John McCain presidency would take to a more forceful approach to Russia and China, according to senior foreign policy advisers to the Republican candidate.

His experience of foreign affairs is one reason why the 71-year-old Vietnam war veteran has drawn level with both his potential Democratic rivals, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton, in opinion polls, suggesting the public may accept his more muscular approach to the world.

just for the record i am a registered Republican and i did not vote for McCain in the primaries ...but it seems i may be forced into voting for him in the election(due to lack of a better choice) unless some third party candidate finally decides to make a run for it that i would be interested in.

i think whoever McCain chooses as his V.P. will really make or break my final decision on voting for him.

you know i voted for Bush both times and i sorta regret it and i wonder am i gonna think the same thing four years from now ?

[edit on 14-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I'm still uncomfortable with Sen. McCain as POTUS, but not because of his prospective role as Commander in Chief. He's certainly better qualified from that angle than his two erstwhile opponants.

The "League of Democracies" or whatever it's called is, to my mind anyway, a good alternative to the UN, which is growing more and more useless with every passing crisis they ignore as a body.

At the moment, there are no independants that I like, doesn't mean there won't be later, but at the moment, McCain is my choice. Despite words from me to the contrary earlier in the year. Truely sad that I have to choose my candidate on the basis of which one is least unpalitable.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

hey there seagull,

At the moment, there are no independants that I like, doesn't mean there won't be later, but at the moment, McCain is my choice.

Truely sad that I have to choose my candidate on the basis of which one is least unpalitable.

crazy isnt it ?...i feel the same way about it and also believe that most republicans feel the same way. seems we go thru this every election.

[edit on 14-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solarskye
I really don't want any of them in the office but what do you do? I see three democrats on the ticket and to make sure they get one in the office they have McCain running as a republican, how can they lose? I'm tired of the two party system and really wish some other parties would step up and do something.

Maybe we should eliminate all parties... Just have people run, whoever is the better person and best for the job wins... Plain and simple.. No need to have parties except to have a general view of one side and the other... Since views are so slewed, republicans thinking like democrats and vise versa, there is no need for the opposite parties...

I believe the constitution is one of the most important issues... The most import document the United States has for it's people... It should not be changed or taken from and should be followed... I like the fact that mccain is pro constitution, however, even this can be used incorrectly... I do not agree with war of any kind, I do believe in protecting ones self and country, but not with what's happened in the past and is happening today with the war in Iraq... There are a lot of other reasons, but I do not want to sway off topic too much...

All in all eliminate parties, don't need em... thanks...

[edit on 14-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

top topics

join