It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 17, 2008 - Mega-Earthquake to rip apart California?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Maybe it's not going to be on today, but it will be soon. Where from I get this?

Hopi Prophecy
The Hopi and others who were saved from the Great Flood made a sacred covenant with the Great Spirit never to turn away from him. He made a set of sacred stone tablets, called Tiponi, into which he breathed his teachings, prophecies, and warnings. Before the Great Spirit hid himself again, he placed before the leaders of the four different racial groups four different colors and sizes of corn; each was to choose which would be their food in this world. The Hopi waited until last and picked the smallest ear of corn.

It's speaking in the past, but some of the prophecies are written on that way. And the Hopi territory is in Arizona, right near California.

The rest of their wise prophecy can be found here.

www.welcomehome.org...

Following their prophecy, we're between the eight and the last sign. Until this moment they were right.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

My belief is similar to theirs and sharing many common elements, including the blue star.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Well we can only "hope" the 14+ quake is centered in the parking space in front of the Marine recruiter station in Berkley and the Marines are in Oklahoma at the time...........and that a previously unknow comet strikes San Fransicko at the same time...........Oh did I metion the Iranian nuke that goes off there too..............and the giant methane bubble that comes up in the bay just at the comet hits.................

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Ok this is goign to sound very crazy and I mean very crazy. I didnt and still dont beleive this is going to happen. But thats not the point of this post, the poitn of this post is i swear to god when i first read this it said april 16th...and every day in this thread said april 16th the person who talked abotu their son said "the 16th isnt going to work for me" ect. So today its the 17th and I come on this website to go check it out and make a smart alec comment saying well it looks like nothing happened ect. when i read the title and it said "THe 17th" I lol'd and figured the guy just changed his post as in edited it so it would fit for today since the 16th obviously passed. But then I read the posts and I was like wtf...i know everyone did not change their posts... and the last edit he made was on the fourth I beleive so that means he didnt....now you probably think I justm isread, but Its not like i only read this one time..Iv read this thread multiple times and every time it said 16th until today. Yea I know that sounds really stupid but idk, maybe I did misread it, but I mean i was positive it said 16th, yesterday somebody asked me what was todays date and I exclaimed the 16th because I was waiting for this day just to see what would happen if anything..well idk i just figured I would tell you all this, while i admit its way more possible I misread then...tiem changing? lol I am telling you i am 95 percent sure every post in this thread said 16th..

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
froget typos i have no tiem to fix

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

I used to be very interested in that prophecy, for quite a few years - and then I heard or read that there's actually no proof of its authenticity.

Does anyone have more information about its actual date of appearance and origin in general?

(N.B. You may not believe this, but I really do hate being a wet blanket - very much so! - especially when essentially noble things are concerned.)

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
And if there was a quake that sent California into the ocean,the backwash would flood clean into Oklahoma,and a tital wave of unknown proportion,California is one of biggest states in the US

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I live in Southern California and have been through all the big quakes in the 1970's. In 1994 then later my dog would start acting crazy about three to five days before. He would walk in a circle for hours at a time. He would hide under sofas and beds and shake uncontrollably. We went to visit family in Washington State- he behaved the same way four days before the 6.1 hit Tacoma.

Here it is April 17th- Boris is fine and has not been acting crazy at all. Its about 8:30 in The morning- so I will faithfully make certain that I post by midnight the accuracy or inaccuracy of this man's prophetic claims.

I am not calling BS- Just providing a service for my fellow ATSers!

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

The "Blue Star Prophecies" were released to the public in the 1970's by Dan Evehema and four of his buddies. They are awfully damn suspect.

First off, it was the height of white american interest in Native American culture, there were lots of dumb Wanabe tribesmen running around in fringed leather and claiming to be the descendant of a Cherokee princess, right? There's also a burgeoning interest in "alternative" history, occult mysteries, and other such things.

So Dan Evehema and some other Hopi elders decide to cook this stuff up and sell it to these white people in order to generate revenue for the then-destitute Hopi reservation. You'll notice that, as far as prophecies go, these are pretty blunt ("A gourd of ashes will fall from the sky and kill everyone"?) and describe, in perfect detail, events prior to the release of these prophecies.

The books and magazines and lectures and whatever else continue to bring money into the reservation. But I'm afraid that, if you're hoping for the Hopi to hand you some big spiritual truth about the future, you're going to be disappointed.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Actually my favorites are the Navajos.
I just found that Hopi Prophecy interesting by some personal reason.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Crystalline

Following their prophecy, we're between the eight and the last sign. Until this moment they were right.

I love NAI prophesy!

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

Yep, Europeans, with guns. Check.

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

Not a great description of a covered wagon, IMO. I was thinking record players when I started reading this, lol. Still, I'll accept this.

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

Cattle, cows, hamburger-on-the-hoof. Got it. Check.

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron."

Iron snakes = trains. Check.

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web."

Ever see a map? Check... except for this one:

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun."

Ummm, this sounds more like highways than the last one. But what are 'pictures in the sun'? Heat mirages? I dunno...

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it."

I missed the big news story about the sea turning black and a major die-off of sea life.

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

Happening a bit, yeah, but not really in huge numbers yet.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.

This one caught my eye. The space station? Not completed yet, and it still hasn't fell (but it wouldn't surprise me if it did). Strange about the blue light... the first thing that popped into my head was Wormwood in Revelation. I've heard a few theories that tie that name to the name 'Chernobyl', possibly meaning nuclear. Could we be thinking about using a nuke plant for powering the station, or for that matter, are we doing it now? I never thought about this before, so I really don't know...

I'm thinking it's the seventh sign we're discussing in this thread. Great post!

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I'm replying to myself... is that anything like talking to yourself?

Anyway, I just got one of those brain farts I wanted to add in.

Spiderweb = railways.
Rivers of stone = highways.

Check, and check.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Thanks, WalkingFox.
That's what I've heard, too.

I am not glad to hear it - not at all.
But if they're suspect, then it's surely infinitely better to know about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The seventh sign is about oil pollution in the sea, which is making it to dark and not crystal clear and killing the lives in them. It's already happening a long time ago. So, we're around the ninth one.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I'm replying to myself... is that anything like talking to yourself?

I do that a lot.
It has a huge plus: you always have an intelligent interlocutor.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I had just heard of the event thats are spossed (sp?) to happen today not but a week ago. And today i sit here with a dreary feeling climbing up my spine. So to all those who doubt the happinings today. I feel sorry for you there are to many diferent predictions from different time periods to totaly dismiss the event. It is even in the bible if you read revalations it mention mass earthquakes and flooding it does not give a date but the couisdence is just to much. So to all those who are living on the west coast I wish you well in your up and coming Trials and tribulations......And I hope you can swim.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Looks like we made it...
this time.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Haven't heard anything about a quake, 11:30 PM EST in Ontario, but its only 8:30 PM in California , lets hope this doesn't come to pass.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
Ummm, this sounds more like highways than the last one. But what are 'pictures in the sun'? Heat mirages? I dunno...

Could it be flash from a camera?

Seems to fit.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The Bible Code states that Los Angeles will be struck by "the big one".

Words in the ELS such as these can be found in four different codes relating the same event using the standard ELS sequencing Bible Code method:

San Andreas (appears three times)
magnitude 8 (appears three times)
210 (three)
the highway damaged
great possessions damaged
sudden destruction
sand (appears three times)
to be divided
you cannot stand
it thrust us out
to be broken
the dead
death and destruction
near from beneath
earthquake (appears three times)

Most interpret this to mean that the San Andreas at one of the typical spots as in the Bay Area or Southern California (the two areas that unleash the big quakes) will have the next big one in the year 2010. They come up with this because of the number 210 appearing three times out of the four different codes that are describing the same event.

However, I know from all my years looking at the code that the Bible will give dates in Jewish years not our calendar. Also it will sometimes also give our calendar year as well. But when it does, if it says something like 2010, it will state 2010, not the number 210.

The fact that in one of the codes right after the number 210 appears the next code "the highway damaged" makes me feel that 210 refers to Interstate Highway 210, yes there IS a highway 210. It is better known as Foothill Freeway. It is basically a bypass around the northern side of the greater Los Angeles area.

For those who do not know the area, this highway runs right near to San Bernardino and then up and into the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains.

Now the disturbing part of this is that I remember when I was a kid my dad used to take me on camping trips and trips just to ride off road vehicles, dirt bikes, hike, etc. in that area. OK now there were several times where this highway 210 would be blocked off because of construction and people would not be allowed through.

The reason being because the highway is the EPICENTER of an earthquake swarm. It's a San Andreas mega thrust center. Think about that for a second.

The people that think 210 refers to 2010 do not know the area. It is clear as day highway 210. The Bible Code actually described the area when the code is found.........BEFORE scientists discovered that the mega cluster quake zone of the southern San Andreas is under highway 210. The highway would probably have never been built there if they knew that to begin with, or did they already know it?

The Bible Code named this area BEFORE scientists at least publically admitted it was the center of the San Andreas' hot zone anyway.

Now................

There is however, an even more disturbing code that can be found using the 4th dimensional quantum-based sequencing method for the Bible Code. This code looks like this:

California
Los Angeles
great earthquake
the big one
8 - 5
cataclysmic

8 - 5 I assume is the magnitude. But then again the other codes suggest 8. But 8.5 could just be an actual number and 8 just the first number. Either one is possible in this 210 highway area. The 1906 San Francisco quake was an 8.3 so the San Andreas can make some big quakes. There have even been some estimated 9's in the past. So 8.5 is possible.

Another possibility of course could be 8 - 5 like August 5th, or like May 8th depending on how you look at it, or even time of the clock, or even a reference to 8 to 5 work day, as in rush hour traffic on the freeway when it goes........

So far there is no actual month or year yet found in the codes and also the Bible Code when it gives days would say what day of the month or week or both. But with the codes 210 and 8 - 5 could have multiple meanings. It is possible 210 also means 2010 or even together 8/5/2010 or even 2:10 time or February 10th, etc.

But it IS clear the code states highway 210 will be hit by the big one.

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Conspiracy_Buff]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy_Buff

Were all accounted for- This must have been the big one they meant:

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join