It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 17, 2008 - Mega-Earthquake to rip apart California?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Maybe some of you know the famous vision of Joe Brandt, from 1937. He saw an earthquake, that rips California apart and makes it fall into the ocean.

Here is the vision:

www.angelfire.com...

NOW, this is interesting. Two portions of his vision...

Why are they dressed like that? Maybe it is some big Halloween doings, but it don't seem like Halloween. More like early spring.

...and...

I saw the map of South America, especially Columbia. Another volcano--eruption--shaking violently. I seemed to be seeing a movie of three months before--before the Hollywood earthquake.

So, let's put this together. The earthquake he saw will shake in early spring. And he also saw a volcano eruption in Columbia three months before the earthquake. 3 months minus April = January!

So, did we have a volcano eruption this January in Columbia? Well...

volcanism.wordpress.com...

www.youtube.com...

The most severe eruption of Galeras since 1989!

This is either a huge coincidence, or Joe Brandt will be proven right. The biggest eruption since 1989, and it fits exactly to Joe Brandt's vision!

April 17 is in early spring, and exactly three months after the volcano eruption in Columbia.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by 2008111]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You know the 17th isnt gonna work for me. My oldest son turns 18 on the 23rd and I'm kinda really looking forward to that.

Another date on the calendar that spells doom.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Well, good thing is, we will know in 5 days, if the earthquake strikes California or not. We don't have to wait months or years.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Another very interesting portion of Joe Brandt's vision...

There was a funny smell. I don't know where it came from. I didn't like it. A smell like sulphur, sulfuric acid, a smell like death. For a minute I thought I was back in chem [chemistry].

[...]

There was that smell again, coming up from the ocean.

Sulfuric acid smell from the ocean? Are there any volcanoes in the pacific ocean, near the American coast? Don't know.

But, today I read this:

Scientists listening to underwater microphones are baffled by an unusual swarm of earthquakes off of central Oregon, something that happens before a volcanic eruption.

But the reason for the confusion is that there aren't any volcanoes in the area.

www.fox12news.com...

Is a giant (and yet unkown) volcano about to erupt, that will trigger (a) massive earthquake(s)?

All these things come together and fit into the vision of Joe Brandt, which is the most terrifying - and in my opinion the most believable - I've ever read.

PS: George W. Bush really has big ears...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I saw that article in the local news (about the swarm of earthquakes) and it reminded me of Mt St Helens before she erupted a few years ago. I really hope this huge earthquake doesn't happen. We don't have our survival stuff ready...it can't happen yet!

Tela

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
What I find most intriguing about this whole topic is the date April 17th.

Ronald Weinland (supposed prophet) claims that April 17th 2008, something of biblical proportions will happen and in his word says," Is the day the First Trumpet of the Seventh Seal sounds."

Perhaps a Super Volcano will happen in yellowstone causing a chain reaction of long since dorment volcanoes to erupt in Oregon to which according to Google Earth there are a few.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I tried to look up Joe Brandt to see if he wrote anything else in regards to his visions, nothing.

Further searches of Joe Brandt also produced nothing. I searched familysearch.org for any Brandt's born in 1920 or there abouts in California but again nothing.

I wonder if this writing was just a essay someone wrote, or if his name was changed to protect his identity.

I hope this vision is not true and by my searches it would appear that way.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I only found this:

Reprinted from: Living Water, Vol 1X, Number 2, April-May-June Issue 1969.

The man who wrote this was a personal friend of the publisher at the time. The article is given as he wrote it in 1937, in boyish handwriting. He had fallen from a horse at age 17 and for days he had a concussion. During this period of time a continuing dream came night after night.

[...]

www.futurerevealed.com...

I think we just have to wait until April 17...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I FOUND HIM! I REALLY DID, I THINK!

www.familysearch.org...

He was born in 1919, not 1920! He had his vision aged 17, before turning 18 in November, 1920!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Then, I knew something was going to happen. I wondered what year it was. It certainly was not 1937. I saw a newspaper on the corner with a picture of the president. It surely wasn't Mr. Roosevelt. He was bigger, heavier, big ears. If it wasn't 1937, I wondered what year it was. It looked like 1969...but I wasn't sure. My eyes weren't working just right..

Well in my book, your eyes would certainly not be working right if you can confuse 1969 with 2008.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jibbs

Then, I knew something was going to happen. I wondered what year it was. It certainly was not 1937. I saw a newspaper on the corner with a picture of the president. It surely wasn't Mr. Roosevelt. He was bigger, heavier, big ears. If it wasn't 1937, I wondered what year it was. It looked like 1969...but I wasn't sure. My eyes weren't working just right..

Well in my book, your eyes would certainly not be working right if you can confuse 1969 with 2008.

The 1969 is only mentioned in this article:

www.futurerevealed.com...

I think the 1969 was added only for the "Living Water, Vol 1X, Number 2, April-May-June Issue 1969" for "suspense" reasons... It doesn't fit in no way into the rest of his vision.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 2008111

What I personally find troubling about the purported prophecy is that it was first published in 1974 (at least according to "official" bibliography).
The "girls in really short skirts" seem just a tad too convenient, if you know what I mean. :-)

EDIT: Sorry, I only now saw the"original report" from 1969.
But what I wrote above still stands. (Even more so! :-)

Furthermore, I could find no real "vision" of anything that was not known in 1969 and/or 1974.

It may have been genuine .- but it seems to me there is no way of ascertaining it (at least not without some serious footwork and archive searching).

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I just spent the last few hours researching not just the article linked, but the whole blessed site.

I have a few things I tend to look for in prophecy before I believe it:

1) Where is this prophecy coming from? I prefer to see things like religious belief, personal situations that would allow spiritual discernment, etc. Of course, there is nothing religious in the article, but he did have a brain injury, which could very well open his mind to spiritual information.

2) What is the prophet's motive? I see none here, except as a warning.

3) Past accuracy. None.

4) Corroborating details. This is what really caught my eye. He makes a pretty good description of present-era LA, which I believe would have been pretty hard to conceive in 1937. The reference to odd-shaped cars is pretty accurate, but were buses common back then? I'm not sure, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course, he referenced "talkies", apparently in black and white since he added that his vision had color. He also mentioned it having sound, but that could have meant realistic sound, I suppose.

So I'll give this one a fairly reasonable probability of being accurate. Especially when it compares favorably with Gordon Michael Scallion, Edgar Cayce, Ed "Dr. Doom" Ames, etc.

Where I have a bit of a problem is here:

It looked like some volcano down there was erupting, along with everything else. I saw the map of South America, especially Columbia. Another volcano--eruption--shaking violently. I seemed to be seeing a movie of three months before--before the Hollywood earthquake. Venezuela seemed to be having some kind of volcanic activity. Away off in the distance, I could see Japan, on a fault, too. It was so far off--not easy to see because I was still on Big Bear Mountain, but it started to go into the sea.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And from the link in the OP to the Columbia eruption:

The Mexican newspaper Milenio Diario quotes local inhabitants as saying that this eruption was ‘the strongest in more than twelve years’...

...Its most recent significant eruption was in July 2006, when more than 8000 people were evacuated from the surrounding area. In November 2007 the volcano’s activity provoked a precautionary evacuation.

According to this, the January eruption was the largest since just 1989, not exactly a hundred-year landmark event. There was also an eruption in both 2006 and 2007, backing up this interpretation. The events described during the above quoted paragraph seemed to be of a major earth-changing event. Also, it seems hazy as to what was three months prior and what was then. Last time I checked, Japan was still there, so assuming the prophesy is accurate, either the eruption in January was not the event he saw, or the Japan event was in the now in his vision and not in the three months earlier category. Maybe that was due to the extreme number of events being described simultaneously, but it still gives me pause as to the 2008 date in the OP.

Another passage caught my eye:

I wondered what year it was. It certainly was not 1937. I saw a newspaper on the corner with a picture of the President. It surely wasn't Mr. Roosevelt. He was bigger, heavier, big ears.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was President during 1937. He stood 6'-2" and weighed about 190 pounds. So while he was not 'heavy' by any stretch of the imagination, he was fairly tall. Apparently, the president in this vision was a heavier man with large ears. Bush has some decent sized ears, but he's not a large man.

Obama is obviously a slim man, Hillary is not even a man (although I guess I could forgive him for making that mistake
), and last time I looked, McCain didn't have large ears. So it would stand to reason that he didn't see things during this President's term, or the next one (unless a surprise candidate shows up real soon).

In summary, it could be real, or it could be a hoax. I really can't decide if I believe it or not. But if it is true, I don't think it's talking about this year. I think we'll all have to deal with California's existence for a while yet.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

were buses common back then? I'm not sure, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Of course, he referenced "talkies", apparently in black and white since he added that his vision had color. He also mentioned it having sound, but that could have meant realistic sound, I suppose.

He mentioned "sound"?
If that is so, it could be one of those little faux pas that typically creep into hoax reports.

(I did say "could".)

And buses, of course, were WAY more common than they are now.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

And buses, of course, were WAY more common than they are now.

Thanks, I really couldn't recall about that. I know personal cars were not extremely common, so I guess that makes sense.

And yes, he did mention sound.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRedneck

I was trying to find some footage from 1937 - but it's past 3 a.m. here, so I really should be turning in.

Anyway, there are a few interesting films - like this one, about the opening of the Golden Gate Bridge - (proving that cars werent all THAT uncommon :-))

And here is a website that, while it's not directly related to this subject, may interest you. :-)

LA Mapped

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh my god. When i read all of this here i had some kind of deja vu. But perhaps it was only my mind. But it really fits well together. The prophecy, the date, Ronald Weinland. I think we are on something.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
From OP's link above:

I wondered if I went into a movie (since nobody could see me) if I'd like it. Some cardboard blond was draped over the marquee with her leg six feet long.

Anyone know of any current movies or plays that would have a cardboard cut-out of an actress with long legs?

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
www.cinematical.com...

[edit on 13-4-2008 by ChrREI]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I've lived here all my life,I've heard that story for years,and yes death valley was once an ocean,as well as other low lying areas so in old days it would appear to be and island,think someone is trying to sensationalize things,my though next devistating quake will be on the New Madrid fault

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join