It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

April 17, 2008 - Mega-Earthquake to rip apart California?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2008111
I FOUND HIM! I REALLY DID, I THINK!

www.familysearch.org...

He was born in 1919, not 1920! He had his vision aged 17, before turning 18 in November, 1920!

[edit on 12-4-2008 by 2008111]

[edit on 12-4-2008 by 2008111]

Way to go! At least we know he existed. Lets hope he was dreaming of a different "timeline".

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
How does this relate to april 17th? Other than the fact that both this prediction and Ronald Weisland's are false, I see no correlation between the two.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by ThePiemaker]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
We can keep our eyes open either way. I also heard about all the quakes off the western coast lately. Maybe something is up or maybe? just maybe its another doomsday scenario, one never knows. But either way I am sure we will know in a few more days. If it does come true I am going to stock up big time before 2012.

Hilda

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Way to go! At least we know he existed.

Correction: we know that a Joseph Brandt from California, born in 1919, existed.

(I am not being nasty. I just know a lot about genealogy.
)

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Pacific Northwest quakes may trigger temblors in California

At least that's how it appears in a new analysis of West Coast earthquakes led by an Oregon State University marine geologist.

Over the past 3,000 years, almost every major earthquake on California's San Andreas fault was closely linked in time with an earthquake on the Cascadia subduction zone, an offshore fault that stretches from Vancouver Island to Northern California. Generally, the Cascadia quakes preceded the California quakes by 25 to 45 years.

"It's either an amazing coincidence, or one fault triggered the other," said OSU's Chris Goldfinger. "Even if the details are fuzzy ... something is going on."

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas

Way to go! At least we know he existed.

Correction: we know that a Joseph Brandt from California, born in 1919, existed.

(I am not being nasty. I just know a lot about genealogy.
)

A Joseph Brandt who lived in Fresno, where "our" Joe Brandt also lived!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrapop

Pacific Northwest quakes may trigger temblors in California

At least that's how it appears in a new analysis of West Coast earthquakes led by an Oregon State University marine geologist.

Over the past 3,000 years, almost every major earthquake on California's San Andreas fault was closely linked in time with an earthquake on the Cascadia subduction zone, an offshore fault that stretches from Vancouver Island to Northern California. Generally, the Cascadia quakes preceded the California quakes by 25 to 45 years.

"It's either an amazing coincidence, or one fault triggered the other," said OSU's Chris Goldfinger. "Even if the details are fuzzy ... something is going on."

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Very interesting, thanks!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 2008111

Yah... I can hop on board here, but I'll give it til the 19th... c'mon! I'm only asking 2 extra days!!

It works into my April 19/20 prediction, which I neglected to mention in my thread here...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Yelowstone Super Volcano theory comes to the top of the list for a 'big one' from natures standpoint.

and I just spotted this thread -- Holy Crap!! Add that to this week!
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=4228627#pid4228627

And here is Current last page of Quake Watch 2008
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

A Joseph Brandt who lived in Fresno, where "our" Joe Brandt also lived!

Yes, I get it.

And what I said still stands. :-)

I would say it's probable it was him.
But "probable" doesn't equate "it WAS him".

(Not that it matters very much as far as the topic itself is concerned, of course.)

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 2008111

You may want to check out my thread below 2008111.

A remote viewer's prediction on a Huge Earthquake in California on October 18th, 2008. Just before noon!

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
large man with big ears...

he could have been confused about the governater...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Well this is interesting...

Forecast: Big Quake Likely in California

LOS ANGELES - California faces an almost certain risk of being rocked by a strong earthquake by 2037, scientists said Monday in the first statewide temblor forecast.
ADVERTISEMENT

New calculations reveal there is a 99.7 percent chance a magnitude 6.7 quake or larger will strike in the next 30 years. The odds of such an event are higher in Southern California than Northern California, 97 percent versus 93 percent.

"It basically guarantees it's going to happen," said Ned Field, a seismologist with the U.S. Geological Survey in Pasadena and lead author of the report.

That is some timing huh? Or do we just know that earthquakes happen a lot in CA?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
How about the beggining of this post with the prediction of a Columbian volcano erupting first?
Check this out:
www.msnbc.msn.com...
Seems to me that things are starting to fall into place with this prediction.
"Things that make you go hhhhmmmm...."

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
guys can i just point out that there are 7 submarine volcanoes off the coast of oregon and up past mount st helens, not to mention the 20 or more in oregon, you can check them on google earth. sounds like all those quakes will lead to an eruption, but which one and when remains to be seen!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
HOLY # THIS IS FREAKING ME OUT!!!!!

ME THINKS the 17th might be the real deal

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
lol its now 1:49am CT im going to sleep, if it happens, well that just sucks when i wake up. Luckely I have no friends down there. I would imagine hearing there screams while im laying comfly in my bed. Bwahah *jk - even douts it'll happen.. ;-)

[edit on 16-4-2008 by ItsFrickenAndrew]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The highest active volcano in Colombia erupted Monday night, prompting authorities to order the evacuation of up to 15,000 people. The Nevado del Huila volcano erupted at 11:08 p.m. Monday (12:08 a.m. Tuesday ET), according to the Colombian Institute of Geology and Mining.

visz.rsoe.hu...

There is recent activity in Colombia which could possibly change the date you mentioned.

Strange, but recently, California earthquakes have seemed to subside, which could be the quiet before the storm.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
well it is now officially 04/17/2008

for us in the UK 17/04/2008

Good luck you guy's

Peace and respect to you all....

Let's hope this is not true....

otherwise im packing up for the mountains awaiting 2012

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
well, if doesnt happen you can still expect one

"California faces an almost certain risk of being rocked by a strong earthquake by 2037, scientists said Monday in the first statewide temblor forecast.

New calculations reveal there is a 99.7 percent chance a magnitude 6.7 quake or larger will strike in the next 30 years. The odds of such an event are higher in Southern California than Northern California, 97 percent versus 93 percent."

www.kirotv.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
6:12 am 4-17-08 on the east coast of the U.S. and no 'breaking news'... yet. Hang on California!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join