It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

government contracts to build military housing in US

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by musselwhite
reply to post by PokeyJoe

the construction of the military housing is not unusual and i realize the current housing is old. i suppose the government could print a few more dollars to add to the trillions stolen. not to forget the housing needed for all the newly drafted, should this become a reality, and all the black opps and foreign troops needed to over throw the gov'ment, yup, well, okie dokie ok alrighty then now.

Dude, seriously.....what the hell are you talking about? Do you know anything at all about how the government and the military work? Im going to guess that you dont. Not everything is a big, huge nefarious plot to screw over the American tax-payers. People in the military that choose to live on base deserve to have adequate houses to live in. Guess what....most people in the military are people just like you, but they wear a uniform every day. They go to work for 8 hours, come home and eat dinner, watch some TV, and go to sleep...the vast vast majority are normal people that chose to have a job in the military. Im not saying that just because I am in the military right now, I am saying it because its the truth. Yes, some of us might do some very top secret things while at work, but that stays at work.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Also, I heard a report of a large number of single and multi family home building permits being applied for by a contractor with ties to overseas military construction firms, in Gilmer, Fannin, and White counties, but a Google search I did last week turned up nothing noteworthy to support this. These North GA counties, coincidentally, either border or have large areas of them in the Chattahoochee Ntl Forest
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

there is something going on.

OMFG!!!!!!! There is a forest there!?!?!?! Well there must be something going on then, because if there are woods, then there is definitely a black ops camp there. You can bet on it.

Have you ever been to the Southeastern US??? There are forests and woods EVERYWHERE! If you travel on any interstate in the south you go for miles and miles with nothing but forests around you. Stop looking for things that are not there, and please deny ignorance....

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
As a former paint contractor, who has worked at Ft. Carson and the Air Force Academy, I can tell you that anyone doing contract or construction on a Federal installation has to be paid "Davis-Bacon" wages. The Davis-Bacon act assured that workers doing the work on such installations would be paid an equitable wage and would not be subject to local non-union slave wages. God Bless America!

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   

]are you closely connected to the military?

Are you sure you read her post? She said she lived on a military base, in military housing, and was a military wife. Guess that means she's "closely connected".

And the housing at some bases suck. It needs to be replaced or repaired. Things like this happen all the time.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jerico65

Thanks Jerico. I am still boggled as to why this is even a conspiracy.

Plus there is also BRAC to consider. Due to recent BRAC many bases - ie. people and equipment - has been relocated. That means that the bases receiving these new people/equipment more then likelyl need to expand - housing, structures, flightlines, BX/Commissary, temporary housing....and the list goes on.

In fact, we lost an entire squadron due to BRAC - and it all got dispersed to Georgia and Arizona. So, obviously GA military bases need to expand.

[edit on 11-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Well foreign troops are gonna take over sooner or later. So you have to house them... Chineses thugs won't kill americans for free... they would like it, but still they need a place where they can bring american 14 years old girls to rape them...
Half-kidding, but if thousands of chineses thugs and east europe thugs were to take over with US government help... it would happen.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

You're welcome. And I hadn't even thought of the BRAC relocations. That would cause a lot of building at bases, too.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

i lived on the edge of the cohutta wilderness for years. take a look at rabbit holes - searching for alice and you will come to understand my fears!

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Well foreign troops are gonna take over sooner or later. So you have to house them... Chineses thugs won't kill americans for free... they would like it, but still they need a place where they can bring american 14 years old girls to rape them...
Half-kidding, but if thousands of chineses thugs and east europe thugs were to take over with US government help... it would happen.

I cant imagine anyone ever taking over the US. I think lots and lots of nukes would be launched before anything like that happened. Kinda hard to invade when you dont have any people to invade with.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
en.wikiquote.org...

At what point shall we expect the approach of danger? By what means shall we fortify against it? — Shall we expect some transatlantic military giant, to step the Ocean, and crush us at a blow? Never! — All the armies of Europe, Asia and Africa combined, with all the treasure of the earth (our own excepted) in their military chest; with a Buonaparte for a commander, could not by force, take a drink from the Ohio, or make a track on the Blue Ridge, in a trial of a thousand years. At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide.
Abraham Lincoln, The Lyceum Address (1838)

"It must spring up amongst us." It would have to be foreign troops or hired guns.

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

This investment in Georgia’s military installations is very good news for Georgia,” Isakson said. “Our facilities play a key role in the security of our nation, and I am very pleased to see such a strong commitment to them from Washington.”The bill provides $6.5 billion in total military construction funding, $5.4 billion for active duty construction and $1.1 billion for the reserve components, as well as $3.99 billion for family housing construction and improvements which includes $1.98 billion for operation and maintenance for existing units. Also included is $5.4 billion for implementation of Base Realignment and Closure (BRAC) which includes $5.2 billion for 2005 implementation and $191.2 million for prior BRAC rounds.

Highlights for Georgia in the bill include:

$15 million for Forensics Lab at Fort Gillem
$23.8 million for Brigade Complex at Fort Stewart
$7.7 million for Child Development Center at Fort Stewart
$6.8 million for Child Development Center at Fort Stewart
$23 million for Combined Arms Collective Training Facility at Fort Stewart
$34 million for Digital Multipurpose Range Complex at Fort Stewart
$13.6 million for Reaction Force Facility Auxiliary Support Complex at Kings Bay
$6.6 million for Waterfront Security Force Facility at Kings Bay
$30 million for Advanced Metal Finishing Facility at Robins Air Force Base
$8.6 million for Depot Maintenance Support Hangar at Robins Air Force Base
$7.1 million to replace operations at the Security Forces Complex at Air National Guard Savannah/Hilton Head IAP
$77 million for Augusta Regional Security Operations Center/NSA
$24.2 million for Consolidated Containerization Point at Robins Air Force Base/DLA
$21 million for software facility at Robins Air Force Base
$350 million for Georgia Military Construction projects in the Department of Defense BRAC account, $300M for Fort Benning
$8.7 million for Troop Dorms at the Georgia Air National Guard in Savannah
$5 million for a Combat Vehicle Warehouse at the Marine Corps Logistics Base, Albany
isakson.senate.gov...

I believe Georgia is going to play a key roll as being the hub of military joint forces when marshal law is declared. there is definitely something up with Georgia

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join