It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ahmadinejad: US used September 11 as 'pretext' for invasions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Ahmadinejad: US used September 11 as 'pretext' for invasions

news.yahoo.com

TEHRAN (AFP) - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad accused the United States on Tuesday of using the September 11, 2001 attacks as a "pretext" to launch invasions and cast doubt on the accepted version of the terror strikes.

ADVERTISEMENT

"On the pretext of this incident a major military operation was launched and oppressed Afghanistan was attacked. Tens of thousands of people have been killed until now," he said in a speech broadcast on state television.

"Poor Iraq was attacked. According to official figures... one million people have been killed," he said in the speech marking Iran's day of nuclear technology.

He appeared to cast doubt on the official version of the attacks, saying the names of those killed had never been published and questioning how the planes had hit the towers of the World Trade Centre in New York.

"An event was created in the name of the attack against the twin towers. We were all sad. It was said that 3,000 people were killed," Ahmadinejad said.

"But the names of the 3,000 people were never published and nobody was able to respond to the main question, which is how is it possible that with the best radar systems and intelligence networks the planes could crash undetected into the towers."

This is the first time that Ahmadinejad has spoken publicly about his interpretation of the attacks of September 11, 2001.

The government of Iran's then reformist president Mohammad Khatami was quick to condemn the airborne attacks on New York and Washington carried out by Al-Qaeda militants which killed nearly 3,000 people.

However hardline newspapers have on occasion described the attacks as a conspiracy that was devised by the White House to justify its attacks on Iraq and Afghanistan.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
How many world leaders is it now that has expressed doubt over the official story?

Former Italian President said the Isreali Mossad and Cia planned and executed the attacks of September 11th and that it was well known among the upper echealons.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Didn't the names of all the victims get read out at a ceremony last year?

I am sure he could have given some better reasons other than the ones mentioned.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by muddyhoop
Didn't the names of all the victims get read out at a ceremony last year?

I am sure he could have given some better reasons other than the ones mentioned.

Not the point.

The point is that CIA and Mossad planned and executed 911 and lied to the world to attack afghanistan and Iraq, and possibly Iran.

Wake up already.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by IvanZana]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Noone cares what that crazy Iranian fool has to say. To insinuate that the US was behind the attacks of it's own people is just plain ludicrous. There are alot of way out there theories on this site, but this one takes the cake.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

That's a very deep and insightful statement, showing an incisive and incredibly open minded attitude.

Not.

I'm a skeptic about this, but I have always maintained that there are too many un-answered questions for this to be explained away with any degree of simplicity.

In other words, although I am skeptical about government plots, I am open minded enough to accept that there may be at least some truth in the CT's and I would hesitate to say that there is no truth in the theory's.

Indeed, if you read them carefully, they make more sense than the official report, and a lot more sense than the immediate blaming of al qaeda and OBL, who has consistently denied any complicity in tha attacks whereas if he had really done, he'd be shouting it from the rooftops as a victory against "the great satan".

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana
How many world leaders is it now that has expressed doubt over the official story?

You're right! Ahmedinejad is a hero! He's the good-guy. Finally, someone to champion the oppressed people and truth-seekers of the world against the evil that is the United States and Jews!

[edit on 9-4-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well this certainly did it for me. If Ahmadine-nutnob says it's so, then it's definitely so. The idiot is just flapping his jaws trying to stir up war so he can usher in doomsday.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

As I've said over and over again, without 911 Bush couldn't have a war in Iraq (and to quote Immortal Technique).

Ivan you might appreciate the thread I authored in regards to the intelligence agencies involvement in 911. Its not just the CIA and Mossad, ISI among others was also involved.

You also might appreciate this: Ahmadinejad at Columbia University

Can you explain away Operation Northwoods? No you can't. End of story.

reply to post by budski

Glad to see at least somebody is paying attention.

reply to post by SaviorComplex

Where did anyone say Ahmadinejad is a good guy? He is still President of a sovereign nation, as is Bush. Both of them are lunatics, but they both run some of the most powerful nations in the world. Go figure.

As for the US/Jews comment, please...Israel is not a Jewish state in the first place, and the US is not the shining example of democracy some would think.

That whole anti-semitism ploy gets old after a while. Israel does not equal the entire Jewish religion. They are a government, like all others, and just as corrupt.

Don't be blinded by patriotism.

"Just as the cult of patriotism teaches us today that the individual has to die for the family, the family has to die for the village, the village for the district, the district for the province, and the province for the country, so a country has to be free in order that it may die, if necessary, for the benefit of the world." -Gandhi

Ponder that one for a while and then come back to me.

reply to post by BlueTriangle

I'm pretty sure he wants to live as much as the next guy, nice try though.

The US and Israelis have done their share of warmongering recently. One needs only to do a quick search to find how many times both countries have threatened Iran.

Who really are the terrorists I ask you?

[edit on 4/9/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

The theory that NORAD, who has yet to fail before and after September 11th, 2001 in intercepting suspected hijacked airplanes, failed four times on the same day over the course of two hours while performing anti-terrorism exercises at the exact same time in the nearly exact same locations for the exact same event at the hands of supposedly uneducated, under-trained men allegedly from caves in a third world country in the Middle East takes the cake for me.

Keep your eyes closed, my friend. It'll all be A-OK! Your government will protect you!

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Where did anyone say Ahmadinejad is a good guy?

If one wishes to find credibility, Ahmedinejad is not the person to tie yourself to.

That whole anti-semitism ploy gets old after a while. Israel does not equal the entire Jewish religion. They are a government, like all others, and just as corrupt.

Ahmedinejad is an anti-semite, no question about it. What is tiresome is those who try to hide their anti-semitism behind a shield of "anti-zionism."

Don't be blinded by patriotism.

Who is being blinded by patriotism?

Oh right. Because I point out that Ahmedinejad may not be the best person to be singing the praises of -- and that is undoubtedly what Ivan was doing -- I'm "blinded by patriotism." Because I do not have a knee-jerk "See! See! This world leader who hates America says 9/11 was an inside job!!!!! So it must be true!!! The wall it starting to crumble!!!1111" reaction, I must be a jingonistic idiot, right?

More like you are being blinded by someone who says 9/11 was an inside job, no matter who that person is. Disagree with that person, "You're blinded by patriotism!"

Don't be blinded by people who are just saying what you want to hear.

Ponder that and get back to me.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Too many doomsdayers on here just hoping for some crap like this. Everything about a conspiracy by American government at 9/11 is simply speculation and that's all.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

If it is so ridiculous and so easily debunked then please provide facts to debunk the claims.

Simply giving your opinion that it is speculation does not make it so.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

I never said Ahmadinejad was credible. Where did I say that? I agree with what he said, nothing more.

Just because I agree with some of the things he says, I'm automatically siding with the man? In the past I have said Iran deserves the same right to exist as Israel does. If the Israelis can invade Palestine and harass their neighbors, the Iranians deserve the same right.

And the old anti-semitism=anti-zionism cheap trick. Some would call me anti-american but I don't hate Americans. I dislike the actions of the government. Same goes for Israel.

If you're going to accuse someone of being an anti-semite why don't you come out and say it instead of pussy footing around the issue. Thanks.

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Too many doomsdayers on here just hoping for some crap like this. Everything about a conspiracy by American government at 9/11 is simply speculation and that's all.

Doomsayers? The Iranians threaten the Israelis and the Israelis/Americans threaten the Iranians.

Who really is doomsaying, the conspiracy theorists or the governments?

911 wasn't an inside job by every single element of the government. But I do firmly believe (and I have researched quite a bit as well) that parts of the CIA, ISI, Mossad, and the Saudis benefitted off of the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq (not to mention the military-industrial complex headed by Kroll, Blackwater, and Halliburton).

Before you say a conspiracy regarding 911 and the government is bunk, you need to rethink what site you are reading. This is abovetopsecret, a conspiracy discussion site.

If this is too much for you, I suggest heading on over to foxnews.com and reading their news stories.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
How about you provide facts that prove the claims. I mean clear unadulterated proof. Ya have none. Two way street. You are just stating opinion as well.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

You see, this is how it works. Your heroes presented their story. Their story was debunked by the "conspiracy" story. Some parts of the "conspiracy" story have been debunked, and it has been left at that. But there are parts that haven't. It is now up to you and your heroes to debunk those parts. To debunk those parts, you have to provide facts. If you can't provide facts, then say so rather than just closing your eyes and covering your ears and making yourself believe that everything is alright in your fantasy world.

I can tell you haven't looked at really much of anything on the subject of 9/11 other than the official story. Your knowledge comes from what you were told on TV, and you've looked at nothing further. You've probably seen a few theories here and there on this website, rolled your eyes and kept moving, not considering it at all and not fact checking anything.

Go research it. Learn both sides of the story before you pretend to know both sides of the story.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
Noone cares what that crazy Iranian fool has to say. To insinuate that the US was behind the attacks of it's own people is just plain ludicrous. There are alot of way out there theories on this site, but this one takes the cake.

Actually I care what this Iranian fellow says, his views are extremely relevant to todays situation.

I think you sir are the ludicrous one, when you can't accept that you've been lied to on many levels by your own Government.

Unfortunately it's people like you that are responsible for the attitude that has sadly brought the world to today's state.

Shame on you.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

I'd be a little wary using Ahmadinejad as a reliable source to base a theory. It's not as if he's shown himself to be objective or without an agenda.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by IvanZana

Former Italian President said the Isreali Mossad and Cia planned and executed the attacks of September 11th and that it was well known among the upper echealons.

Read his question again. How many world leaders have questioned the government's story on 911?

Many.

No one is claiming Ahmadinejad as a reliable source. I happen to agree with him on this one though.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The US invaded Afganinistan Because of 9/11... who knew!!!

Thankfully we have AhmedDinInTheHead to tell us these things...

Who better then a Holocast denier, to lecture people on history...

I don't want to hear anything from AhmedDimInTheHead.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join