It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AHMADINEJAD at Columbia University - full transcript

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+32 more 
posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Very interesting... Form your own opinion. (and imagine how Bush would dodge questions..)

FULL TRANSCRIPT

Again, he HINTS AT 911 INSIDE JOB :

"If the root causes of 9/11 are examined properly -- why it happened, what caused it, what were the conditions that led to it, who truly was involved, who was really involved "

very interesting.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Flag and star for you providing this excellent information. I encourage all others to do the same.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Thank you for posting it! I just logged on and wass hoping to see this
. Just in times. Add Ahmedinejad to the 9/11 truth movement bandwagon

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Flag and star for you providing this excellent information. I encourage all others to do the same.

Thanks for putting it up I agree with uberarcanist and will up the ante with some staff applause!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   
this truly shows the fredom ofAmerican , that we wouldletone of the worlds biggest monsters comehere and speak and take qquestions. I may have my own personal beliefs about letting ignorance like his from infecting others. Ihope that the people who attended were not fooled by him.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by u2r2h
Very interesting... Form your own opinion. (and imagine how Bush would dodge questions..)

Again, he HINTS AT 911 INSIDE JOB :

"If the root causes of 9/11 are examined properly -- why it happened, what caused it, what were the conditions that led to it, who truly was involved, who was really involved "

very interesting.

A lot of religious and philosophical rhetoric but deep down a very guided attack on America, without ever saying "USA" or "America" once.

I think he's implying America used the 9/11 attacks as an excuse to get into the Middle East. And to an extent he is correct.

He also states without naming America that she uses her science and technology for evil purposes. A counter-argument to the allegation that Iran is developing nuclear technology to make weapons.

That those in power or have influence in American politics uses scientific knowledge and technology as a tool for personal gain. Again, to an extent this is correct.

That the persecution of the Jews in WW2 is not an established fact to him because the Jews have "persecuted" the Palestinians for 60 years.

Very interesting points of view...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Holey crap... That was very nice. They should have more world leaders speaking at colleges. This is a great alternative to war(talking about it), but it doesn't make any money for the "Ruling Elite". But all that bullsh!t aside, that was very impressive thing they did. Almost like a "Spark of Hope" for the nay sayers. Hopefully we can have more of this "diplomacy" before Bush invades Iran, maybe soon folks will wake up and oppose the war(and stop it).

Flagged and Starred, Kudos to you sir - cpNJ

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

MR. COATSWORTH: One by one, it is, yes. (Applause.)
The first question is: Do you or your government seek the destruction of the state of Israel as a Jewish state?
PRESIDENT AHMADINEJAD: We love all nations. We are friends with the Jewish people. There are many Jews in Iran living peacefully with security. You must understand that in our constitution, in our laws, in the parliamentary elections, for every 150,000 people we get one representative in the parliament. For the Jewish community, one-fifth of this number they still get one independent representative in the parliament. So our proposal to the Palestinian plight is a humanitarian and democratic proposal.

That is the clearest answer i have ever seen from this man ever.

They have the second largest Jewish population in the world , and are represented in governemt in iran _source) - how many other mp`s would take issue with a president directly!

he wants the removal of the zionist state , which has caused far more harm than nazi germany ever did - but actively supports judaism - THAT is the fundamental difference which so many people (spoon fed by fox and cnn) fail to grasp the concept.

You must seprate religion and governemtn for this case - The governement of Israel is the major destabilising influence in the middle east - and that is the issue he talks about.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This may be a little off topic but I am appalled the total disrespect that was given to this man. I can understand the protesters but what was up with the moderators and questioners? They should have gone into the forum with open minds like true scholars and not an “America is King” mentality. Oh yeah flag and star for you, nice find!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
This may be a little off topic but I am appalled the total disrespect that was given to this man. I can understand the protesters but what was up with the moderators and questioners? They should have gone into the forum with open minds like true scholars and not an “America is King” mentality. Oh yeah flag and star for you, nice find!

Im in no way supporting any side IMO both parties (US and Iran) have there own issues. I feel the protesting was wrong, and i would say most of the protestors were just jumping on the band wagon unaware of many of the facts and issues raised in this forum its quite sad to see and ignorant at the least.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by onthefence81

You do have a valid point about the protests but I feel that it is a person’s right to protest something that they feel is wrong. Now I’m not saying that the Iranian Presidents presence at Columbia was wrong, I was all for it. Please don’t think I’m trying to argue with you, I am only expressing my opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   

President Ahmadinejad: The International Atomic Energy Organization -- Agency has verified that our activities are for peaceful purposes. But there are two or three powers that think that they have the right to monopolize all science and knowledge. And they expect the Iranian people, the Iranian nation, to turn to others to get fuel, to get science, to get knowledge that's indigenous to itself -- to humble itself. And then they would of course refrain from giving it to us too.
So we're quite clear on what we need. If you have created the fifth generation of atomic bombs and are testing them already, what position are you in to question the peaceful purposes of other people who want nuclear power? (Applause.) We do not believe in nuclear weapons, period. It goes against the whole grain of humanity.
So let me just tell a joke here. I think the politicians who are after atomic bombs or are testing them, making them -- politically they are backward, retarded. (Applause.)

The issue of whether Iran should have nuclear weapons was settled by Iran's Supreme Leader Grand Ayatollah Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei, when he issued a fatwa, a religious ruling which stated that the production, stockpiling and use of nuclear weapons are forbidden under Islam.

Not a fatwa to be taken lightly. It's an Islamic judgement, and for it to be ignored would carry heavy punishment.

Link

The fatwa was reported on Iran Today, on August 10th 2005, no doubt to ensure the Iranian domestic population was made aware and quite clear of the fatwa, but the fatwa itself was also read in a statement by The Islamic Republic of Iran to The International Atomic Energy Agency to The International Atomic Energy Agency’s Board of Governors in Vienna, Austria in 2005.

I found four videos of Ahmadinejad's appearance at Columbia university, it's the Q and A session, and I'll post them here so they can go with the transcript posted.

Part 1:

Part Two:

Part Three

Part Four

I only found the Q and A sessions were of Faux News Live feed, sadly.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Am watching now, very interesting, i have to say he defends himself very well.
I wonder what the Bush administration is thinking after seeing this, did they think he would shoot himself in the foot somehow, and look silly??
Maybe its back fired on them?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by tetsujin420
reply to post by onthefence81

You do have a valid point about the protests but I feel that it is a person’s right to protest something that they feel is wrong. Now I’m not saying that the Iranian Presidents presence at Columbia was wrong, I was all for it. Please don’t think I’m trying to argue with you, I am only expressing my opinion.

no i agree with you, USA is a democracy right! Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
A very interesting article by the German magazine Speigle. International
www.spiegel.de...
It is to show how greed get in to politic and never enough we have seen this attitude by western country quarreling about a piece a cake, that look like crumb now for Germany.
You have to be disgusted about all this nations arguing about material issue when the moral one are not in prospect.

Sad world...

kacou

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this!. It's good that we get to see this Q&A on american media. Funny how the media last week kept focusing on everyone trying to block Ahmadinejad from speaking when all that does is generate hate against Iran.

I think Ahmadinejad is a threat... but only to the U.S. and Israeli governments. He is not a threat to the U.S. people or Israeli Jewish people. The U.S. government is afraid that Ahmadinejad will spread his views on a number of subjects that show his good side. Hmm there goes the plan to go to war with Iran if the public doesn't buy into it...

Ahmadinejad has told many of his views in detail numerous times but the U.S. media always blocks it. I've known that he has a respect for all people and religions including Jewish people. I've known that when he said Israel should be 'wiped off the map' he didn't actually mean physically with weapons but just the borders of the state to help end the conflict there. But I've had to go to Al Jazeera to get the info instead of CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. So it's good to see American media show the other side of the story for once. Do I know if Iran has a nuclear bomb or is planning on making one? no, but I don't think it has a reason to do so.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by curiousbeliever]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think the Main Stream Media tried to make this man look at stupid as possible, but all they could focus on was the University president's initial biased and opinionated attacks that were really just meaningless.

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke his mind and brought up several good points that are valid issues in America and it's policy. Appaulse to Iran's president for keeping his candor and responding to a hostile envornment in a diplomatic manner.

The MSM will not quote much of what Ahmadinejad said because they know it's true and would incriminate the policy of the United States. Funny how they have to focus on comments about the Holocaust or Israel because most of the rest of what Ahmadinejad said was factual current policy of America.

LMAO. The first round goes to Iran.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by tyranny22]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Ahmadinejad is a fool, and anyone who bought into his lies and propaganda is sadly naive and gullible.

Here's an example of his "intellect":

'No homosexuals in Iran': Ahmadinejad
18 hours ago

NEW YORK (AFP) — Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad skirted a question about the treatment of homosexuals in Iran on Monday, saying in a speech at a top US university that there were no gays in Iran.

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country," Ahmadinejad said to howls and boos among the Columbia University audience.

"In Iran we do not have this phenomenon, I don't know who has told you that we have it," he said.

afp.google.com...

The man is a delusional moonbat. How can you believe him when he refuses to face reality?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
lol. gullible? take a look in the mirror.

It's all politics. Did you believe Bush when he said Iraq had WMD? When he said they "hate our freedom"? When he said they helped Al Queda with the terrorist attacks of 9/11. Did you believe him when Bin Laden "escaped" from Bora Bora? Did you believe him when he said that no one in the administration "could have ever predicted that terrorist could use planes as missles" with which to attack Americans.

Bush is a fool and anyone who buys his warmongering propaganda is sadly naive, gullible and unable to inform themselves of the truth of political agendas.

War = National Debt to Federal Reserve. Debt to National Reserve = Money in the pockets of the First National Bank of New York, James Stillman National City Bank, New York, Mary W. Harnman, National Bank of Commerce, New York, A.D. Jiullard Hanover, National Bank, New York, Jacob Schiff, Chase National Bank, New York, Thomas F. Ryan, Paul Warburg, William Rockefeller, Levi P. Morton, M.T. Pyne, George F. Baker, Percy Pyne, Mrs. G.F. St. George, J.W. Sterling, Katherine St. George, H.P. Davidson, J.P. Morgan (Equitable Life/Mutual Life), and Edith Brevour, T. Baker.

Your failure to question those who control our foriegn policy has led to the warmongering efforts of the entities that now control our government. Question agendas. Iran's interest in the Middle East is only in retaliation to the years of political infiltration and manipulation of our government in order to control the world and it's resources for power and profit.

Fact: War with Iran only serves those banks and private citizens listed above, the corporations that will develope the weapons for the war, and the corporations that will profit from the resources confiscated in the war.

It does not make you safer from terrorism. A war on terrorism is an endless scenerio that will fill the pockets of the wealthiest people in the world.

Inform yourself. If you depend of the authorities to inform you, you will never see the truth at the heart of the matter.

"They hate our freedom" — LOL.
"Mission Accomplished" — LMAO.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have not read anybody elses psot just what i have read and what I saw from the vids. I scanned to see what was on this thread. First of all, I am an American.

Second of all, Ahmadinejhad has views about the Holocaust. I only agree with the fact that we need to figure out what was the driving force behind it. I honestly belive it was planted long before hitler came to power. The Rothschilds were funding him. I believe they were Jewish and of the tribe of Dan. From some of the alternative research I have done the "Jews" in Germany could not all be traced back to the origanal tribes. THIS DOES NOT MAKE THE MASSACRE RIGHT BY ANY MEANS. But we help the Jews get their own state by using the holocaust as a reason. From what I can tell, the displacement of many palastinians is not justified because of what went on in Europe. When Ishmeal was cast out of the Isrealite camp, where did he go?

Third, I can not and will not believe the statement that there are no homosexuals in Iran. I was online not to long ago and talked to somebody that was gay. He tried to keep it on the DL because he knew he would face a world of hurt if found out. So on this side, he is a liar. I hope...I wish I could remember who it was.......he is still there. Because he is proof that we are there too.......

Fourth.......obviously there are people pulling his strings.

Fifth.....9/11 is a inside job and he knows this and wants to expose that. He is not playing by NWO rules.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join