It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Convert your Car to run on Water

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by IspyU
Those kits is not for making your car run on water completely... from my understanding and further reading on this, it basically reduce your gasoline consumption, by adding extra combustable gas (hydrogen and oxygen) into your engine so you dont use to much gasoline to ignite...

It is a similar concept as hooking a nitrous oxide into your car

[edit on 10-4-2008 by IspyU]

--------------------------------------
Thats correct, these water conversion kits basically to reduce your gasoline consumption, by adding extra combustible gas and the economy rate is between 30% to 40% savings, and in todays price of gas, hey....that Manna from Heaven

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShiftTrio
reply to post by battlestargalactica

Can you give us a ball park on fuel gain or what the max is you got on what design, I have been thinking of doing the same I have an older 90 BMW 325 that I can not worry about warranties on lol.

Thanks!

Check out this link, it has some useful info

Brown's gas: This is the most perfect fuel of all for running our vehicles. Like pure hydrogen, it is made from water, i.e., hydrogen and oxygen, but it burns in the combustion engine so that, depending on the setup, it may actually release oxygen into the atmosphere. In that case, what comes out of the tail pipe is oxygen and water vapor, just as with fuel cells; but the oxygen comes from the water that's being used to create the Brown's gas fuel. So burning Brown's gas as fuel can add oxygen to the air and thus increase the oxygen content of our atmosphere.

spiritofmaat.com...

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo
reply to post by IspyU

BMW is now in production for the "Hydrogen 7" which is a Hydrogen assist type set up. The car stores Hydrogen in a special tank in liquid form. They will also be producing the "Tesla" which is a roadster. The cars can run on either conventional gas or Hydrogen.

www.bmwusa.com...

Honda is already making the Water Hybrid Cars, but Too expensive, their hands are tied by the Oil Thugs, the Browns system is still the cheapest, simple and works well with Gas to save about 40% on gas bills.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jasonjnelson
reply to post by battlestargalactica

I don't usually do this, never have actually, but I wanted to say that I am impressed with the depth of knowledge you have, as well as the effort that you put into this. My challenge remains though. I am WAY too busy to do any research. 2003 Lincoln Continental, find me a part, I will invest all the money, send you all the results so you can "science it up", and meanwhile reap the Bens of using the convertor. Thanks, and if you can't, I get it. Just limited for a while. To save a question, I am fairly handy with tools, but not a mechanic

Forgot to give you a link for a system you should purchase and try out.
Youtube has lots of videos on this mfg if more info is needed. The site ordering system is down last I checked, you may want to email them..

www.fuelfromh2o.com...

Thats the system you should get, its fairly beefy giving enough HHo production for trucks and larger cars, so should be great for your lincoln (I assume v6 or v8).

Thanks and keep us informed here os U2U, thanks again for the experiemnt

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Did you guys hear about that one guy that made the device that cleans any kind of water and purifies it into drinking water without the use of any chemicals?

Somebody has to know his name! He was a host on a talk show.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by topsecretombomb
Did you guys hear about that one guy that made the device that cleans any kind of water and purifies it into drinking water without the use of any chemicals?

If you do a search you will find at least one very lengthy thread on it. In fact it was only a few days ago.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jbondo

Originally posted by topsecretombomb

If you do a search you will find at least one very lengthy thread on it. In fact it was only a few days ago.

I sincerely hope that through trial and error, like any innovative invention, people will come up with the perfect cost-effective device that will make the Pundits cry for Joy.

Can you really run your car on water? Water4Gas is an HHO conversion guide that can help you modify your engine to burn HHO gas.HHO gas, also known as Brown’s gas or Hydroxy, is generated when we separate the molecules of water into 2 parts of hydrogen and 1 part of oxygen (HHO).
To do that, we use electricity from the car’s battery to generate electrolysis

water4gas-scam.weebly.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
My fiance built his years ago out of a crockpot, some wires and metal plates, and some other materials but I'm not electronically gifted. When he tested it he got 90 Miles to the gallon. About a year ago he bought one on ebay for 100 $ and modified it. They do work, but without oil the rich who pull the strings in this country would not beable to get richer. There used to be a company called Xogen, who first patoned and developed the technology, they had a great website, videoes and everything. Sadly everyone involved stragely dissapeared. Another guy started up a media frenzy when he powered his go-cart off water, we also died after eating in a restauant. (food poisioning) sadly I can't remember the guys name, and its been more than two years. This technology is NOT new. Many have been using it for over 20 years. They just don't talk about it for fear as to what has become of the others who spoke out. With the internet now booming it is impossible for everyone who knows of this to dissapear. I was so glad to see this thread! Thanks!

Battlestargalactica,
As always thank you so much for the links and videos. Alot of those I haven't seen.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thefight

I wanted to add that you can type xogen into any search engine and view they're videos. I didnt relize there were so many posted. Last time I was researching it there wasn't one.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Can anyone provide a link to an actual product they have used successfully? I sure would like to improve my mileage, but I am not mechanically inclined at all.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I am extremely interested in this. Would this work for a 03 v6 Mustang? And does it damage the car in any way? I would LOVE to get better gas mileage out of my car, as well as less of a pollutant. If it works well enough, I will even install it on the 03 Corvette, since a 5.7L V8 sort of enjoys the taste of gasoline

Please post more results!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
The second one we got was alot like this one
cgi.ebay.com... itemZ330230023471QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD4V

Except it was a black canister. Just don't get glass!

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadline527

Yes it will work in your mustang, and we have not had any problems with ours except we forgot to add water to it once and it burnt our canister. You don't have to add water alot, and we sometimes forget to check it.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I'm wondering about a performance hit. This may indeed increase your mileage, but at what cost, and if there is a performance cost, is that the only reason you see a mileage gain?

I drive a v8 car myself, and would hate to lose any horsepower (I'm not terribly concerned with fuel consumption when I drive that car, that's what it's for) to a system like this.

Has anyone dyno'd a car with this system attached? That would be some useful data.

Even if there is a performance hit, I would still be interested in something like this for my other car. That is unless the reason for mileage gain is performance loss.

Could be the opposite effect too, slight performance gain, I'm interested to see if any of that data can be found.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well, I wanted to first say Thanks to BattleStar for the link. I'll look into it as soon as budget can afford it (might be a while).

From the web-site linky's I've seen, it would appear that you get a small HP boost. I take those testimonials with a grain of salt though. If they say 20% increase in Horse Power and Torque, I guesstimate it to be about 3-5%.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
i found some pretty good videos from a guy that builds electrolyzers asa hobby. they start getting good with this one:

check them out though. if you're interested in building one he pretty much shows you how, or at least may give you some ideas. as soon as i get some cash i plan on playing with building one. i priced out the parts at lowe's and i think i can do it for around $50.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
My step son just complete a project on water-powered cars and I thought you all might be interested. (He got an A)

Hydrogen Powered Cars

How do you feel about the rising gas prices? Gas is now about $3.50 a gallon, and it is climbing higher everyday. What if you could fill up your car with something you can find just about anywhere in the world? Many people do not believe that you could power your car off of water. I believe you can.

Water is made up of two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom. All we have to do is separate the hydrogen atoms from the oxygen atoms. This process sounds difficult, but it is actually very easy. All you have to do is take a nine volt battery and connect it to some stainless steel plates. Then set the plates in a bowl of water. You should see some bubbles start to rise. These bubbles are not normal bubbles. These bubbles are hydrogen and oxygen or Brown’s gas. If you were to strike a match or light a lighter close enough, these bubbles will ignite and make a loud pop. This happens because hydrogen is a flammable and explosive element.

Since hydrogen is so powerful, it works as a great fuel. A hydrogen generator can be used as a supplemental fuel, which reduces the amount of gas needed to run a car. The hydrogen generator works because the electricity breaks the bond that holds hydrogen and oxygen together.

So why is more of the public not aware that you could run a car off water rather than running it off of gas or other fossil fuels? I believe this is because the government is influenced by the money they get from taxes on our gas, and lobbyist of the big oil companies. During the time that Bush and Cheney, both of whom are former oil executives, have been in the White House, the oil and gas industry has spent $393 million on lobbying the federal government. It is interesting that our current president not only lives in Texas where the oil companies have a big interest, but that much of his campaign funds and support comes from the big oil companies. The federal, state, and local gas tax have paid for our bridges and our roads since 1932. On average we are paying 45.9 cents a gallon to taxes. In North Carolina we pay 45.8 cents a gallon. Without the tax the government gets from our gas, our roads would never get fixed. This is why I believe many people say it is impossible to run a car off water.

There was a man named Stan Meyer. He built a car than ran entirely off of water. The car he built got 100 miles to the gallon. (Normal cars get around 15-35 miles a gallon.) Stan Meyer was allegedly poisoned, and died in 1998. Later that week, all of his equipment and the car that he created was stolen and never recovered. Stan Meyer had stated more than once that he was being threatened by oil companies, but he refused to give into their wishes of discontinuing his project.

(continued below)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
There also used to be a company called Xogen. They had a website and they were giving out the information on how to use water as a fuel and how to safely and conveniently clean water. They also had their technology patented. (Patent number 6,126,794, filed June 26, 1998) Sadly, the website was shut down, and everyone involved mysteriously disappeared. Stan Meyer’s death and the disappearance of the people involved in the Xogen company have put fear into many scientists and others experimenting with hydrogen power.

This technology is not new as you can tell from the dates on the patent.
The first record we found was 1807 when an inventor in Switzerland designed a combustion engine that ran off hydrogen and oxygen. In fact our space shuttles have been using hydrogen fuel for years all the way back to when the astronauts landed on the moon. There have been many other scientists, who have experimented with this technology and many agree, it is possible.

With the increasing problems of global warming water could solve all of our problems. The by-product of a water-powered vehicle is pure, clean water. Many say that it is not good to use water because fresh water is in short supply. But, you can go 100 miles on as little as four ounces of water. This would take care of all the CO2 emissions released from all motor vehicles. This technology could solve all of our energy needs.

Some car companies already have cars running off of water. The Air Force has long been studying how to make jet fuel more powerful by adding water. You can now purchase your own hydrogen generator for your car on many websites including Ebay.com, water4gas.com, and many more.

The American government has suggested the idea of using coal to make the power to make hydrogen. Since burning coal releases lots of carbon dioxide, doing this defeats the purpose of hydrogen being a clean fuel. Many government scientists today say that it takes too much power to split water. Lots of private scientist and inventors say otherwise. Trustworthy information on splitting water, and who is using it, is not currently available.

In conclusion, I believe water power is the energy source of the future. More and more people are discovering that this technology is real. Some people are currently using this source of energy today to help with rising fuel and energy costs. Not only is water the answer to our rising gas prices, but it is also the answer to help slow down global warming.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
This is off topic, but I am confused...

Who was the 14-year old ATS member who took a fall from a 50 ft waterfall and survived? I thought it was 4thefight but I'm seeing here she has a fiance and a step-son . . . unless that happened years ago, or they're marryin'em off young in the Carolinas, I might be mistaken.

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
lol yes that is me. I fell July 24th, 2001. I am now 21. I have been with my fiance and his son for two years now.

And for the record they always marry them off young down here in the carolinas. lol

[edit on 3-5-2008 by 4thefight]

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join