It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Im only 23 but here are some "truth's" I have come across so far.

1.Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see. People are all full of ego and their own interpretations of the world to tell you the complete truth and why believe everything you see either. Do you believe chris angel can really do all the "magic" he does with special magical powers? But it sure looks real when you see it.

2. No one really cares about anyone else but themselves. That sounds harsh but in reality you think you care deeply about a spouse, or good friends and family members but you don't. In reality you care about what they bring to your life and the experiences you have because of them.

3. Total peace is a dream, a good one at that, but in the end just a dream. To have total peace it would mean everyone must care about everyone and realize that their actions cause a ripple effect that influences many other people besides themself. This is not really feasible because people really only do care about themselves like I said before. We can tolerate eachother and try to be civil. But there will always be some war or agression over something. It is just human nature.

4. Yes there is someone out to get you. Whether its an infomercial or dirty car salesman selling you lemons and lies, A police officer trying to nab you for whatever they can so they can take your money for some stupid ticket or fine, And I won't even get started on world governments. There is always going to be someone there to try and screw you to enhance their lives you just have to be more cunning then them.

5. Religion does cause a lot of war and bad things. But it does have its own purpose. How lonely and unfulfilling would life be if you did not have some sort of belief in a greater power or an afterlife. What if we all just believed we were alone and on our own in the universe. That there was no purpose to life and that we were just highly developed animals in a dead pan boring world. Even atheists believed in something at some point in their lives or they are full of crap. Whether its the gods and religions of old or the way people get religious about Alien life there will always be something we look to believe in because it gives us hope in one way or another.

6. Anyone giving you the "truth" for a price is partially or whole heartedly full of it. If something is the truth then we don't need to shell out 20 bucks to find that truth out. One way or another people will figure it out and pass it on. For example David Icke makes a killing on selling everyone books and speaches about the evil shape shifting dimensional jumping reptillians. It is also a fact he has never seen one for himself and only believes this because of what other people have told him. In all honesty he most likely does not believe this himself but hell sure make a buck getting you to believe it.

And in the end the biggest truth I believe is there really are two worlds put before us. The real world and the made for tv movie. I can be told there are evil terrorists coming to drink my blood on the 6 o'clock news but the funny thing is I can walk outside and have myself a good stretch and yawn and maybe see a couple cars pass by my house and after I enjoy staring at the stars for a couple minutes I can go back inside and peacefully go to sleep. Only to awake the next day to repeat my daily routine. No terrorists. No blood. And no pain. Yea bad stuff will happen from time to time that will never change. But for the most part there really isnt anything to fear but fear itself.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by quintar
I found that nobody can know the WHOLE truth, as one would have to exist outside of truth to see it from the outside.
Hence; I can only know part of the whole truth, which is changing every day.

The biggest truth I learned, and no I am not picking any one specific person (though I am replying to one) is that people don't realize when they've found the truth.

You say that the truth can never be known and that nobody can ever know the truth, and after everything that you are finished saying I must ask you... is that truth? If you know only part of the whole truth, which is changing everyday, then don't you really know exactly what the truth is to be making that statement?

Okay, okay, goodnight.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
the truth? YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!!

lol na on a serious note i have no idea.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
My biggest personal truth is that we take this all to seriously. Not only the ones of us that think they are in the know of the most gruesome things that may or may not happen in this life but the people that are behind the scenes dabbling and planning for the idea of world domination, i mean yeah you need a hobby but that is pushing the envelope i'd think.

Stop taking it all so seriously and step back to smell the coffee of life as it is. And yeah, even if 90% of us will die in some orchastrated plan of annihilation. The people that do it will have to life with it for the rest of their lives.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

* LOVE (not in the sentimental sense, but both in the cosmological sense of eros, the cohesive force, and in the sense of open-hearted acceptance of everyone and everything "outside" oneself as being a part of oneself) really is the greatest force in the Universe.

* Everything and anything is possible.

No further explanation needed, I think.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

The biggest truth I learned, and no I am not picking any one specific person (though I am replying to one) is that people don't realize when they've found the truth.

Well said!

Furthermore, very many people don't realise that (other) people can be "wise" and gain extraordinary insight even if their names and photographs don't appear in textbooks and/or newspapers...

(I have certainly noticed that many people don't really realise the value, actual or potential, of other people's thoughts and words unless they are "quotes" from "someone famous".
)

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 03:53 AM
link   
The biggest truth I've discovered to be Nature!

I've come to be a believer in Primitivism over the years. We put too much faith in material goods, technology and a complex social system of laws, regulations, red-tape and bureaucracy which does nothing but confuse and dishearten us. I'm very slowly moving towards a simple life but I believe that true contentment lies therein. Nothing compares to a coastline bathed in lightning, a sunset over mountains, an azure river running through untouched forest, an eagle soaring above, an animal you've befriended, or simply the time you spend with a loved one.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:02 AM
link   
My reply may be bleak but it's the only "truth" i can think of..

The World would be better off without us.

Don't get me wrong, i love my life, my kids and the thrill of learning something new, but if we as Humans had never existed it would of made no difference in the grand scale of things, its not like we will ever achieve anything to rival the the concept of existence itself.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
@ OP

Excellent thread and topic mate! Great idea.

My truth? Here are two quotes I love.

To the question of your life you are the answer, and to the problems of your life you are the solution. by Joe Cordare

also

Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes. by Hugh Prather

After years of research I found out that you are never alone in this world. You will always have yourself, when you realise this you will start to see that there is so much more around you. Love is the only thing important in life. We were made out of love and back to it will we go.

Happiness is just a self created illusion, you can find it in anything, it is how you condition yourself to see it that differs.

The true values of life are invisible: Love, happiness, affection, respect, altruism, friendship, etc. These are things that matter, are beyond our world and are universal.

There is no end to life the only thing that exists is change.

Your soul will create opportunities, your mind will choose and your body will experience. This is how life works. If you hate your life there is only one thing you can change: the face in the mirror.

And of course what goes around comes around, everything you do will sooner or later affect you. Be that good or bad. So there is a motivation to do good, but don't expect it the next day to come back, time is irrelevant in such issues.

Cheers and good luck!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Nobody dies, this World, life, and Death are no more than a grand illusion,
Blood is certainly not thicker than water, the best friend I ever had was an Old English Sheepdog,and finally whatever 'Truth' we discover is likely to be seen differently by others.
Love to all,
Horsegiver.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
There really is no difference between Ketchup and Catsup.

And this has been the biggest problem facing mankind in the grand scheme of things.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
After 37 years of life I understood how work is such a waiste of human life.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Personally I have found this truth, The world is a very confusing and manipulated place.

The more you learn the more contraversy you learn of theories and extremely complex working outs. The deeper you go into the rabbit hole the more confusing it gets. Its obvious that some one/thing doesnt want us to know the master plan but we are getting smarter and more aware by the day.

Finally, What goes up...... Must come down...... and Good always defeats evil.

Peace out, Stay safe.

Sticki

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
www.ashidakim.com...

31. Everything Is Best

When Banzan was walking through a market he overheard a conversation between a butcher and his customer.

"Give me the best piece of meat you have," said the customer.

"Everything in my shop is the best," replied the butcher. "You cannot find here any piece of meat that is not the best."

At these words Banzan became enlightened.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The birth of my daughter taught me that selflessness is the pinnacle of what it is to be a human being.
In that moment I knew I would lay down my life for her without hesitation.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:10 AM
link   
What an excellent thread! I flagged it, then went down every page starring the posts with the 'truths' I liked the best.

My turn now. The Four Commandments of Scamandrius* are:

1. Here and Now is the only Reality
  2. Timing is Everything
  3. When the Word and the Action disagree, trust the Action, not the Word
  4. You Become what you Hate

A couple of acknowledgements:

(1) above was already posted by damefool . I deduce from his or her t'ai ch'i avatar that it's a heartfelt statement. I am a man of no faith, but I, too, follow the Tao in precisely that sense.

(3) and (4) are taken from a science-fiction novel by Frank Herbert entitled The Godmakers. I'm quite a literate chap, well read in literature, philosophy and the humanities, but nothing else I have read has served me so well as a guide to living as those two somewhat clumsily-put statements.

*That's me

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The biggest "truth" i have found is this:

TRUTH IS AN ILLUSION.

By which i mean truth is governed by someones opinion.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rjmelter
if the older generation would give its youth all of their knowledge... life would simply be amazing for those young ones.... For REAL.

RJ, have you ever tried to give advice to a young person? They listen politely, agree to disagree, then do their own thing anyway.

You can lead a horse to water . . .

Sleuth

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:51 AM
link   
If you sell everything you own in life and give every penny to charity and the only things you own are the clothes on your back, I think you will learn a great truth.

No-one will be there to help YOU!

Give to charity if you want, also remember that charity begins at home, look after yourself and those around you first!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I have learned that all I need are my cats and my self plus as much money as possible and as much freedom as possible.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join