It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Biggest truth I've found is, People are easily brainwashed, even myself.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   
My biggest truth is that 90% of my problems were never any of my business in the first place.

And using logic with women makes me look stupid.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
There are only two things in the Universe. Natural science and human stupidity. Replace the second with the first, add one good friend of the opposite sex, and enjoy with fresh food and drink. Anywhere.

Live with honor.

Create beauty.

Pursue spaceflight.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
- Positivity. When faced with a situation to react with a 'default positive' attitude.
- Inquisitiveness. Question everything and make sure you're satisfied with the answers.
- Love. Exude love to all, even your enemies. As long as you're strong enough to handle negative responses as your unaffected self. Do not let other's negativity affect you.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The biggest truth that I have found in my life was the day I got out of my car with the intent of delivering a pizza and happened to see a legitimate "UFO" craft.

I saw the profile of the craft, five to seven "portholes/windows" evenly spaced along the side of the vehicle with red light on inside the vehicle, the "anti-gravity" hover and the amazingly fast acceleration/speed of the vehicle. It left a streak of red light (from the "portholes") that hung in the sky for a moment after the craft was long gone. It was the most enlightening experience I have ever had in my twenty-six years of life.

I laugh when I hear the question "Do you believe in ufos?" because I can say that I know with unwavering certainty the technology is 100% real and has been officially real to me since late 2002.

The truth I would like to know from that truth is who built the craft. If humans have mastered the method of aerial travel that I saw then some people have a lot of explaining to do concerning quite a few aspects of modern life. If it was humans (which I lean towards) then there is really no telling how far in the past we are living compared to sciences known behind closed doors.

If humans were not involved, I would like to know where the vehicle came from and why was I so lucky to see it and given the opportunity to stare at it for four seconds.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   
The only ONE and true conclusion I came to is NEVER to judge and never ask a question with one intent, be open to ANY possibilites! Even with all the explanation of life we have, this life is FULL of mysteries that most have not even began to consider!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have a handful of them...but a couple that are at the top of my head right now:

*Blood is NOT thicker then water. And some blood is toxic and its better to stay far away from it

*You can develop friendships with strangers that are stronger, closer and more loyal/faithful then with your own family members

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
The nature of everything.- Put together from various information from various areas and genres.

The macro world that consists of your galaxal and universal theories and understandings and the micro world which consists of
atoms which can be broken down even further. These two worlds are what is intimately studied by most science. My theory is that
these worlds are not our world, but exist in order to bring our world about. This same relationship is found in human interaction
as well. Someone you don't like usually makes you feel 1. You want to change them 2. You want to change so that what that person is doing doesn't bother you anymore or 3. You want to get away from that person. Now each of these decisions are only made because that person existed.
It forces you to make a choice, which often changes you and how you perceive things. Now back to the 3 choices, we almost
always jump right to number 1 and think its their fault, I have pride in myself and I wont surrender easily. This way does not
work because for their very ignorance to be possible they need a lack of understanding what you're saying. The more you say will
not change anything. This response is "stupid". Not the best choice intelligently. now 2. This is probably the best for most situations
although its also the hardest... you see where this is meant to happen this way? It forces you to push yourself to new heights, unntil we reach that magic moment.

I think everything is a gear for "the miracle". On an ancient tablet "The emerald tablet of hermes" it is inscribed,
'That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that
which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to
accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.'
Meaning everything that is in opposition, is in opposition for a purpose. I beleive atoms and the micro exisit to bring about life.
Same thing with galaxies and the macro. Life exists in order to bring about awareness. Awareness is the awareness of our higher
being, or connection. Awareness is to bring about the 'One Thing'.

This is just understanding of that which does not relate to us. Now in relation to who you are, dreams, sychronicities(coincidences)
thats a whole nother story, that is purely self-defined anyhow. Look into yourself, constantly. Thats where ALL the answers are.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
*thinks about it*

It's a small world, and it's getting smaller by the minute.

edit; that, and no judgement is ever completely correct.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There is no Santa Claus. As a child I didn't want to believe it was just a nice story. As a parent who paid all the bills, I discovered no jolly guy in a sleigh helped one bit. Sorry to have to break that to you guys

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Look at the elite in power. They are going to cause a rebellion, which is due and needed for our growth. After that, things will become more clear. Do you really beleive we are going to find anything more about the galaxy that will help us understand anything that we do on Earth as human beings? What about atoms, if we find out how many particles an electron will break down into, do you think it help with how disgusting we are getting as a race? We need to find out where we each belong personally. Thats the truth.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by BlakSheep]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I can't say for certain whether these are "truths" or opinions, however I try to conduct my life as though they are truths, at least for me.

• That no matter how shared or similar it may appear to us, depending on the individual, reality can be and often is entirely subjective.
  • That love can be and often is completely unconditional, but also that because people are different, healthy and fair relationships cannot be unconditional.
  • That the only true power I possess is the power of choice, including choosing how I can and will try to treat my fellow human (or other) beings. Because of this, I have no way to guarantee how others will treat me or one another, and so the absolute minimum influence I may truly have in life is in how I myself choose to try to treat them; that I should exercise that minimum allotment of will to the best of my imperfect and limited ability.
  • That, assuming we all exist at all, none of us (or very few of us, none of whom I have had the privilege of meeting) get out of life without hurting someone, somewhere, at some point in time, for some reason, despite our best efforts; that this does not make the effort to avoid doing so pointless, but rather, that it makes it all the more critical.
  • That I have no means of predicting or ensuring the consequences of my actions or inaction, and that as such, my intentions and choices influence and/or effect - if only in subtle, unnoticeable ways - other beings; that this carries with it a responsibility, and that being human and imperfect, I am incapable of bearing that responsibility flawlessly, and thus am bound to fall short.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There is only one God, Jesus Christ.

And if the entire planet followed the 10 Commandments, we would be a very happy planet.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by toasted
There is only one God, Jesus Christ.

And if the entire planet followed the 10 Commandments, we would be a very happy planet.

Thats nice and simple, but around the time jesus was around there were other prophets with equally good messages. You insult other religions and beleifs all around the world by saying things like that. Isn't it time we put all our truths together and sort them out. We are better than this.

The 10 commandments are very relative. Thou shall not steal... illegally. If you steal a loaf of bread because you are starving(illegally) WORSE, than stealing millions from a whole community of people you slave labor(legaly). They are a good model to sort of live by, but its much more subjective than just 10 laws that makes everything all better.

We are moving from laws(actually power which has been overruling law for sometime now), to full awareness. Be aware of what is GOOD and what is BAD. Not because they follow laws legally or not.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by BlakSheep]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
i have learned that i've only just started learning

i have learned that in order to live a fulfilled life i must open my mind

i have learned to trust my self, listen to my self, and love my self

until i do this i cannot trust others, listen to others or love others

i have learned that no matter how stupid you think someones ideas or beliefs are, there will undoubtedly be a part of them that are real and true, and you should always try and find that part, so you can at least try and relate

i have learned that love is more important than anything else

i have learned that one person couldn't possibly hold all the knowledge in the world, that is why we need each other

and i have learned that the only true constant in life, is change!

but the most important thing i have learned is the best teacher is my self and the best thing for me to follow would be my own two feet!

i would just also like to say thank you to ats while i'm here for all the wonderful info and guidance i have found since i've been a member, there are many beautiful and wise people here

real x

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Your reputation is all that you really own in this world.
Don't screw that up.
And also no matter how much wisdom you impart to someone. They will always choose their own path.
And last but not least.
Dog's are man's best friend.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Truth is a carrot we have placed in front of ourselves. And it moves as we move... The carrot does not determine in what direction we shall chase it, but we do. And the only ones who actually get to eat the carrots are the ones who get tired or discouraged and stop... They untie their carrots, satisfied and delusional in thinking they finally got what they were after.

If you enjoy the seeking, if you like the journey more than the destination, the truth has no relevance. As long as you accept the fact that you shall never enjoy a nice carrot salad.

As for the ones who feel they have found truth, I can assure you that what they have found is truth only for themselves. In other words, not truth at all... They are also the ones to go through life being more content. But it is not easy to be one of them. Once you know the carrots are the placebo, it is impossible to benefit from it.

I find that seeking the truth takes away from valuable and limited time we have and mostly prevents us from enjoying life as we have it and is a great waste of time and energy. Like reading forums about truth and posting a reply instead of having a warm dinner or spending time with loved ones.;-)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
In my 17 years of life, the most important thing i found out i found out is that -

there is no coincidence, only illusion of coincidence

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
In my life so far, I've learned that there are plenty of explained mysteries to learn from when I get tired of going after the unexplained ones.

I've also learned that the kind of woman you meet in a bar is the kind of woman who hangs out in bars.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
The biggest truth I have learned:

nice guys finish last.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by TheComte]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join