It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you help me ID this aircraft?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Miss_Murphy

For crying out loud. Re-read your own original post. I'll help you:

What made it strange was that there was an extremely large glass room affixed (?) below the aircraft.

Not the aircraft, but a room. Not windows, a glass room. THERE is your contradiction. Seriously, this is testament to the stupidity of some people here on ATS. Deny ignorance? You can start by kicking obvious hoaxes such as this into touch. Feel free to ignore the expert advice of guys like Zaphod and Waynos, who know more about aircraft types than I ever will. Feel free to ignore the obvious contradiction the poster has made. You are feeding what is most likely some 15 year old with an internet connection and not enough adult supervision. If it isn't a kid, it is an adult who couldn't even do enough basic research as to ascertain the ability to discern clothing on an aircraft at 1000 feet doing average speed (oh, sorry, I forgot, it was large windows, as oposed to the original post. Obviously windows in the floor were an operational requirement when writing the capability definition documentation for the jack-boot wearing secret aircraft flyers). Seriously, benefit of the doubt is great, but there is no doubt. Close the bloody thread and stop feeding the hoaxer/troll.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This is the only plane I can think of that comes anywhere near the description given, unless you can be more specific. Notice the long legs for the undercarriage and also the high mounter, or shoulder, wing. Unfortunately this aircraft, the French Amiot 143 medium bomber, has not existed since the last was destroyed in 1944.

I still don't believe, but put this up for two reasons. One, maybe it will jog your memory. Two, if it exists I would probably of heard of it (but there is always a chance I suppose).

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

I think with all the resources on this board SOMEONE would have heard something about it, especially if they were flying it over a residential area. At the very least you or I would have heard something with all the digging into other things we do, and all your books.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

"Like orbs and Marion Visions (I'm not Catholic) and shadow men in top hats...oh my. "

....Oh my! Well, I'd love to hear more so, if you're not up to starting a thread on that, I'll try another way.

Thanks for responding.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Willard856

" You can start by kicking obvious hoaxes such as this into touch "

Mmmmmmm, perhaps the lady was just too excited to realize what appears to me to be simply a booboo.

Some folks are way better at describing things than others. Like my mother, I had left something at her place during a visit, and I could not make heads or tails out of her description of an AUDIO BANANA PLUG!
She had no idea what it was, and could not describe it worth a darn. I know never to play charades with my mother on my side! lol

So, don't be too harsh on the lady, we'll either figure it out, or we won't.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willard856

For crying out loud. Re-read your own original post. I'll help you:

What made it strange was that there was an extremely large glass room affixed (?) below the aircraft.

Not the aircraft, but a room. Not windows, a glass room. THERE is your contradiction.

I'm confused at your confusion. There was a glass room below the plane. It was not entirely made of glass (or whatever), but it was mostly made of glass. There were divisions in it, so using the word "windows" is entirely appropriate.

So the people who have responded on this thread are aircraft experts, and they have no idea what I saw?

Thanks everyone, that's all I wanted to know.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Miss Murphy,

As Del pointed out in page two, it sounds like what you encountered was a Blimp. He even looked up the known Blimp schedules for the time of your event & found one that was in your area at that time. For whatever reason you completely ignored his post.

Since, the event happened at night I believe what you encountered was indeed a Blimp as you don't or cant remember the superstructure keeping the "Gondola" as you even called it, aloft.

Though this doesn't fit as well as an encounter with an ET craft that has caused all sorts of strange events in you and your friends lives, it is the most likely explanation for the description you have provided here.

Even Waynos went out and found and airplane with a blimp looking gondola fuselage, so it's clear to everyone what you described.

If you continue to dispute what we have come up with using your descriptions, please by all means embellish us further by providing a more accurate drawing to accompany your description of what you see or remember in your head. Then if we find something that doesn't fit with our known reality we'll consider your other fantastical ideas.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
Miss Murphy,

As Del pointed out in page two, it sounds like what you encountered was a Blimp. He even looked up the known Blimp schedules for the time of your event & found one that was in your area at that time. For whatever reason you completely ignored his post.

Since, the event happened at night I believe what you encountered was indeed a Blimp as you don't or cant remember the superstructure keeping the "Gondola" as you even called it, aloft.

I'm sorry I didn't respond. I did look up a photo of the blimp he mentioned, and I do find it interesting that it was in the Houston area at that time (isn't one always in the Houston area though?).

That said, this was definitely not a blimp. It was an airplane. I lived in the approach flight path of IAH for 13 years and saw planes every single day.

Also please recall that two boys saw the strange plane at the same time I did. At the time, they would have been 11 and 12. I recently wrote the older boy (now about 16) and asked him what he remembered seeing that night. He wrote me back and told me basically the same thing I have been telling you guys (he added details about fluorescent lights in the interior that I don't recall...I only remember that it was VERY illuminated from within.

He referred to it as a plane, because it was 100% an airplane. A weird airplane, but definitely an airplane.

I think there are three possible scenarios in order of likelihood:

1. It is a classified plane that is usually cloaked or something and it was momentarily uncloaked.

2. It isn't top secret, but is very rare or a prototype.

6,347. Time traveling Nazis.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

6,347. Time traveling Nazis.

Impossible.

Far to many.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Draw a picture and post the bloody thing please

Wee Mad Mental

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by verylowfrequency
If you continue to dispute what we have come up with using your descriptions, please by all means embellish us further by providing a more accurate drawing to accompany your description of what you see or remember in your head. Then if we find something that doesn't fit with our known reality we'll consider your other fantastical ideas.

I will ask one of the boys who saw it with me to draw it and scan it and send it to me. When/if he does I will share it here.

In the meantime, what I saw was a plane about the size of this:

With something very similar to this (the part that the people are in) attached below it at about the wings:

The gondola we saw was a bit larger, but I hope this provides a rough idea. I am NOT saying that it was that exact aircraft or type of aircraft, just that general size and look.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
So, what you're saying is it looks sort of like an AWACS aircraft but with the dish on the bottom (your gondola) instead of up top and big enough to have people standing inside it?

Were getting closer - I think.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by verylowfrequency

Yes, but it wasn't a dish, it was a gondola-type thing like in the photo I posted.

There were computer or electronics consoles that some of the people were sitting at...my first thought (after calming down and thinking about it) was that it was some sort of airborne electronics platform.

But when no one else had any idea what it was...it piqued my curiosity.

I guess it was some sort of secret spyplane.

Thanks for your help.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If it was that big then I don't know of ANYTHING that could carry it under the fuselage. It would require landing gear taller than the plane almost. There's no way that a plane the size of a 737 could carry a gondola that large.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Very weird sighting and Zaph point about landing gear if more then valid. If it was under the plane as you claim it would prove to be a major aerodynamic and logistic problem. But by problem I don't mean in any way completely impossible but I must say this is out there

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by waynos

I think with all the resources on this board SOMEONE would have heard something about it, especially if they were flying it over a residential area. At the very least you or I would have heard something with all the digging into other things we do, and all your books.

With the amount of plane spotters out every where if this thing did land at a res airport we would know about it. Its safe to say the only way for this to be possible would be prototype and then what in the world would if have been used for? I can't think of a single positive or gain from doing this other then sight seeing.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
If it was that big then I don't know of ANYTHING that could carry it under the fuselage. It would require landing gear taller than the plane almost. There's no way that a plane the size of a 737 could carry a gondola that large.

The B-58 Hustler had a pretty large weapons pod and had some really tall landing gear, but those have been in the bone yard for decades and the pod NEVER had windows

The standard "MB-1C" weapons pod carried by the B-58 was a big spindle with tailfins. It was 17.4 meters (57 feet) long, 1.5 meters (5 feet) in diameter, and had a fully loaded weight of 16,325 kilograms (36,000 pounds). It carried both a W39Y1-1 multi-megatonne nuclear weapon and fuel, with the fuel stored in tanks at both ends to ensure trim.
www.faqs.org...

Edit to add: The TU-95 Bear has pretty tall gear as well for prop clearance. One variant could carry the AS-3 missile which was a huge sucker www.globalsecurity.org...

[edit on 4/6/08 by FredT]

[edit on 4/6/08 by FredT]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Right, but we're looking at aircraft that are not 737 sized there. The B-58 might be, but the Bear is definitely bigger.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   

At night with the only light coming from within the gondola, you would only see the gondola and PART of the envelope (maybe the stabilizers). It could definitely resemble a conventional aircraft in that sense, as it would appear "thinner" than a blimp.

To address the alternatives you listed:

1) Classified cloaked plane -- I won't go into how plausible a working cloaking device may be, but instead only ask "Why would a plane so secret as to have to be cloaked be operating in the Houston area in busy IAH airspace and then decide to uncloak?" If I had a super-secret a/c I'd keep it away from IAH and the major metropolis of Houston -- cloaked or uncloaked.

2) Very rare prototype -- again I'd have to ask a prototype of what? What purpose would a glass gondola serve? Would that purpose negate the massive weight and drag penalties associated with a gondola? How likely is it that such a prototype if built would be a secret to the aviation community?

6,347) Everyone know that time travelling Nazis prefer a matte green colour to their aircraft. And you neglect any mention of Iron Crosses or swastika insignia.

Can you come up with a reasonable hypothesis on why a designer would place a manned gondola of that size under an aircraft? If not, I would consider other another hypothesis. If we believe you saw a manned gondola, the only vehicle that would make sense for it to be attached to would be a dirigible.

I'll admit my first (unkind) reaction was that you were/are simply "crackers"

But the more I considered it, the more I believe it isn't unlikely that you may have misidentified a blimp under those circumstances.
It certainly doesn't explain any other weird events following the sighting, but as far as I know strange planes (or blimps) are not prerequisites of odd phenomena

Side note: The E-8 JSTARS of the Boeing 707 series has a forty foot long fairing for the APY-7. It isn't very heigh/deep and certainly isn't glassed in or manned.

And B-58's would never be confused with 737.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by _Del_]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
EDIT: DOUBLE POST

sorry

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join