It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Man in Police Standoff Over Unpaid Taxes

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Let's get back on topic people:

"Wisconsin Man in Police Standoff Over Unpaid Taxes"

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Fighting the system is a sign of insanity. Learning to use the system to your advantage is a sign of intelligence.

I'm probably as opposed to property taxes as this fellow, but I'm not nut's. The answer is in running for office or voting for the right people. This man will never change anything this way. He will just harm himself.

My guess would be he does not have the resources to pay his property taxes and it embarrassed him. Some people are so proud they would rather die or lie to themselves than ask for help.

I think most rational people realize that the infrastructure has to be funded. We need roads, safe water supplies, schools, energy transmission sources and so many other things we take for granted. They all cost money.

Survivalists types who want to live without all these things are such an infinitesimal part of society it would be ludicrous and bordering on insane to even consider abandoning civilization and technology just because a handful of people think its cool to return to the caveman days.

I know that if I don't approve of property taxes and I'm a rational person, I also have to have an alternative way to fund essential services. It seems like people always run around saying things like don't pay taxes, or the government has no right to collect taxes but they NEVER have an alternative. Even worse than that, they usually end up turning out to be nuts in the first place.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Nighthawk

Every man has his breaking point, and you deliberately push people's buttons with your insane BS.
I pushed nobody's buttons just expressed my opinion and you aren't man enough to handle it.

I'm not taking anything from you.

For starters I garauntee you couldn't take anything from me.What I said is what people like you are forcing upon me.

Why not just be homeless? Walk off your job, burn down your house, pick up your guns and supplies and wander off to squat someplace comfortable.

I have a family so I don't just get up and go.I'm responsible and smart enough to prepare and situate first.Rational unlike your rantings.

If you hate society so much, why worry about how much money you have or how much tax you pay? Unless you're completely full of crap, which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

I'm still civil and need to be responsible for my family so obviously I wll pay taxes but will still probably be paying less on 1,000 acres than you pay for a 40x100 lot

This from a man who obviously hates the government, hates his state, hates civilization as a whole, and yet hasn't the stones to give it all up and walk away. Why is that? And don't give me that "Not an option right now" garbage.
Govt hated,Ny state hated,Yet there are som decent people in the world.I may not like what youperceive to be cilization but that doesn't mean i'm not civilized and don't interact with people.

You're scared, pure and simple. I have no doubt you hate society, but your fear of being alone with nothing to fall back on keeps you where you are. You're a frightened child in the woods, yelling at the trees about how brave you are, peeing your pants in fear from the sound of your own echo.

Curious as to how you can perceive what a man actually is thinking.Are you in my head?
And why in God's name would anyone be yelling at trees how brave they are? This must be your imagination running wild on how you would react in this situation.As far as peeing,a bit of advice for you. You don't have to pee your pants just pull the zipper down.Wow all that education and your about as bright as a brick.

And guns, apparently. Oh yeah, and the Internet, because even though you hate society you need to make sure other geeks know your opinion on things.

Guns.Your civilization was built and defended by them, or was it the art,opera and entertainment.Calling me a geek?If you saw me you'd probably piss YOUR pants.I would put the fear of God into you.Definately not a geek.

Says you. Nobody knows the future. Change can and will happen, one way or another, some good, some bad. Things will even out and life will go on.

Yes it will(something we agree on) Only problem is it will be the strong surviving breed of MAN such as myself and yes life will go on long after the infrastructure of man's cities crumble.To think this can honestly be sustained shows me you definately don't have the knowledge you claim your civilization offers or are very closed minded and neive.

And you enjoy the wilderness. Just be careful satisfying your "manly needs" with woodland creatures, though; I hear bears and wildcats don't like being f'd by humans.

This isn't a problem as I posess something I don't think you could by the way you speak to people. A beauiful women in my life(it's called a W-I-F-E)
Woman I F**k Everyday.And who told you about the animals not liking
interspecies ex. Oh mus be the civilized people form the civilization you praise.

Never once in my previous post did I disrespect you or call you a name.I can honestly see that you're a person who is not very open minded to all areas of life and by the irrational way you rant and whine I can almost perceive what you actually look like.

Sad that you truly have not an ounce of control over a single one of your emotions. Better get back to work doing those Geico commercials.After all considering your irrationality and lack of self control that would make you just a primitive hairless ape.Wouldn't it?

[edit on 4-4-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The more I consider this; the more I'm sure what is really happening here is "Suicide by Cop". Taxes may have little to do with this in reality. He went broke and would rather die than admit it.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Possible but if you cant come up with under $6000 in what,7 yrs.That's nothing.Or was it per year?Then again he is 60,and don't know whether it was healthy 60

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Choronzon
Implementing the Fair Tax System here in the US would completely obliterate this issue.

I'm all for that
There are reasonable solutions to how taxes are collected but I fear that as long as we have leaders who cater to special interests nothing like that will ever happen. On a local level is probably where this would need to start. I think this person would have gone over the edge anyway, but on the subject of fair taxation it is a reasonable alternative to current methods. I'm afraid people like this man will just find other things to unbalance them though.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

In these news articles we only get a tiny part of the story. Who knows? He could have a mattress stuffed with money or he could be truly in need and too proud to ask for help. Pride often rises to the level of insanity.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Yeah never know but hes gotta have family or somthing that's willing to help.Regardless I still don't see the justification of taking everything he owns and calling it even.It did say 18 acres right? he couldv'e sold a few acres or the government coul have taken what they're owed.Definately unjustified and unthought.

Forgot to add that keep in mind that this is from a civilized society nighthawk claims.My point is people aren't very civil. Nice words don't make you civil it's the actions

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't think that anyone enjoys paying taxes but, you don't have much choice.

If you stop paying your taxes, then eventually the man will come and you will lose your home. Taxes are not optional.

Every time I see one of these stories, I think that the person has a screw loose. No one gets away without paying their property taxes. Eventually they lose the property.

If I'm wrong in my statement, I'd love to see a case that has been settled in court where a person has been declared exempt from property taxes.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Property Taxes
Taxes on land and the buildings on it are the biggest source of revenue for local governments. They are not imposed by states but by the tens of thousands of cities, townships, counties, school districts and other assessing jurisdictions.

From

Everyone on here b-*$%ing about the federal government go back and read the OP, its not about the fed its about Property Taxes.

I agree the Fed has overstepped its bounds with Income Taxes, but that is not the subject of this thread.

"Suicide by cop" is not an original idea, and I commend these officers for taking him alive. (even if they did start the fire, which is likely)

I disagree with property taxes also as I don't feel you should have to "rent" something you have spent your life building and paying off.
Most states do offer relief in one form or another for property taxes, whether it is after a certain age or income based, but whether relief is available or not, eventually the tax has to be paid in full.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
this just proves that you really don't own your home, the government does. if you don't pay them they take your home away.

Keeper

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Even the Amish pay property taxes. Just pay them and be glad you get to live the quality of life that you do.

I have around 1000 acres of land in the middle of nowhere. I pay big time.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
reply to post by Simon_Boudreaux

well, i wont get too detailed but ive got personal experience with CS grenades.

playing the odds here and having to bet between the guy starting his house on fire while he's in it or a CS grenade...safe moneys on the CS grenade.

lol dont buy into the "he's crazy" spin.
just saying...

Oh I don't feel for a minute he's crazy. I applaud him for having the courage to stand up. It wouldn't surprise me if it was a CS grenade I was just throwing other options out there as to the cause of fire. I've heard stories of people setting their houses on fire and walking away from it instead of letting it get foreclosed.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I Know ppls are gunna hasstle me for this, but....

More & more incidents like this are starting to happen across the US.

I have never been a firm believer in John Titor (infact, i thaught the guy was a dick), but now one has to wonder if there aren't more & more Wako style incidents starting to happen.

That & the current talk of Civil unrest in the US at the moment, one just really dose have to stop & think for a moment..lol

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Funny you should say that because I'm trying to get some cash together and go to Montana.Would love to get 1,000 acres or better.

be prepared to pay some pretty good property taxes on your piece of land. They are pretty high here. Where do people get this impression that we are anti government whackos here. The majority here in Montana are law abiding, tax paying patriots. You want to form your own "Freeman" colony, take to another state.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Wow, look at how many people enjoy paying their taxes. I wonder how everything was done before the income tax? Do you people research where your money goes, or you just believe what the govt tells you.

If you took the time and read the US yearly financial reports(gao.gov), you would see that those huge federal agencies your tax dollars supposedly support cant be audited because they dont like to keep records of how they spend your tax dollars.
The GAO was created by congress to check how the agencies spend your tax dollars. But theres not enough records to audit them

So go ahead, be proud and pay your taxes to fund corruption.
The rest of us arent so easily gullible.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
I guess the question is how much is the operation to collect $5500 bucks costing?

HOW ABOUT ENFORCING IMMIGRATION LAWS IN A SIMILAR FASHION????????/

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHorseChestnut

I myself am law abiding and believe me I pay taxes. I would prefer to move to a beautiful country setting and set my land up as independent as possible. Off grid basically w'no city utilities. I aint looking to start a revolution, just my own privacy. I live in NY and on a 40x100 lot the property taxes are almost $10,000 and you are literally 1 1/2 car widths away from the next house.So i know for what I pay I could be owning something very nice.Just curious,what are the taxes approximately up there?

I don't know where you get me calling you wackos.I never called any one a wacko.That was nighthawk calling us wackos.As far as patriot,don't get me wrong,I do love my country just am not to fond of the way the government runs things. I'm basically looking to move to one of the least populated states so I can live as peaceful and serene as humanly possible for as long as possible and set my kids up for future generations.I would rather have them live in a healthy setting and learn better values than be distracted by useless city ways.There's no need for them to be tempted by things which have no place in their lives and I can't be w'all 3 all the time. Besides my kids love the country and I'm tired of the rat race.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by microsoft123

Whoa there pardner. I never said I enjoy it. I was replying to this thread, which what I gathered was about paying property taxes, which applies to state and local funding. I have no problem paying taxes which in turn go to help progams in my community and state. If you don't want to, then fine, just don't come here and expect me to pick up your tab.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
wkbt.com...Here's a link I found with a little more info.Maybe we'll get this back on topic at hand.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join