It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legalize it!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I will be the first to admit that I have mixed grass and coding (computer programming) at the same time. Scat is right, it really does have a profound effect on one's creativity. I have made some nift fractals and graphic demo's while stoned. I will have to agree about letting the TABC regulate marijuana as a recreational tool. The industrial uses it has are too immense to be ignored for long.

*** Free Tommy Chong! ***

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoppinmad1
I totally disagree with leagalizing any drug. Why? Me smoking weed in high school led me to start hanging around with others who drank and partied all the time. I then started drinking and taking pills painkillers, muscle relaxers and such. This was when I was around 14 to 22. I now don't use drugs but was an alcoholic for years drinking 5 times a week for almost 2 years.

I have 2 uclers in my stomach that cause almost constant pain and can't enjoy food like I once did. Why not legalize it. Like people have said many times it is a gateway drug. I don't want my kids using drugs ever. I was an idiot then and I realize it now. I spent all my spare money getting messed up and think about how much better my life would have been if I had never just smoked that first joint and hung around with the wrong people.

I agree with you, althou I have never used it I have seen what it has done to others, in high school and in college. I don't care what others say that its good, i have seen what it does first hand, even when a person just smokes one joint.

Not too long ago I posted facts about MJ, here is the link and a small excerpt.

"Marijuana affects your brain. THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) affects damages the nerve cells in the part of the brain where memories are formed, making it hard to remember things.

Marijuana affects your self-control. Marijuana can seriously affect your sense of time and your ability to do things that require coordination-like driving. In 1998, nearly 77,000 people were admitted to emergency rooms suffering from marijuana-related problems. This was an increase of more than 373 percent since 1991.

Marijuana affects your lungs. There are more than 400 known chemicals in marijuana. A single joint contains four times as much cancer-causing tar as a filtered cigarette.

Marijuana affects other aspects of your health. Marijuana can limit your body's ability to fight off infection. It can increase your heart rate and lead to frequent chest colds. Some research even shows that long-term marijuana use can increase the risk of developing certain mental illnesses.

Marijuana is not always what it seems. Before it is sold, marijuana can be laced with other dangerous drugs without your knowledge. "Blunts"-hollowed-out cigars filled with marijuana-sometimes have substances such as crack coc aine, PCP, or embalming fluid added to them. "

Excerpt taken from. Scroll down til you reach my post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hoppinmad1 is one of the few people that actually tells the truth about MJ without an agenda, and he had tried it.

I have seen even what one joint does to a person, and how that person was thrown from class by a professor because he kept falling asleep and you could see and smell why he was that way, he wouldn't even deny when we asked him what was wrong and he would say he had just smoked a joint, with a dumba** smile on his face.

He would attend the classes under the influence most of the time, he was not passing any of the classes and was thrown out several times until they decided to not allow him to remain in college anymore.

If this illegal drug or any other was to be legalized, we would have more kids dropping out from school/college, more car accidents and other accidents, since just one joint can impair heavily a person's self control, sense of time and coordination, etc, etc.

I for one, would not like the U.S.A to be dumbed down even more by making any of these drugs legal, MJ being one of them.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I am all about the NWO and believe those who cant handle weed or it "makes" them do heavier drugs yet they continue to smoke it should be allowed to be a waste as long as it is not my expensive. Again the world is overpopulated and fools that can handle the drugs they take should be cast aside, ignorant lazy non-producing people have no place here when the new world order takes over.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
There is a paedophile living near me he has escaped justice 5 times because each time it goes to court it is his word against the child's.
Meanwhile 20 policeman with riot equipment and 5 vehicles raid a farm near here.The result of the bust?
3 cannabis plants.
This is too much! The police need to focus on criminals and perverts not people who are growing good weed.
The gangsters control the illegal drugs scene.What we need is for weed to be legalised and controlled as in (Amsterdam)-to cut out the criminals .
FREE THE WEED !

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I agree with both sides of this arguement...
I think that there would be many benefits from the legalization of marijuana, but would the crime rate really decrease?
I don't think so...
Alcohol is a drug and it is abused on a daily basis...
My mom is a nurse in the E.R. at our local hospital and seriously everynight there's someone in there for either drunk driving, being hit by a drunk driver, or just plain drunk and stupid. That's just alcohol, there are all kinds of people in the hospital becuase they are on some other drug and OD'ed or beat up their girlfriend, or did some other stupid stunt while high.
All the while they're sucking up tax payers money...

I agree the U.S. gov't is fighting a losing battle on the war on drugs, but I don't see how providing the general populace yet another to mess their lives up will help our society.

This is not to say that everyone can't handle the effects and responsibility that goes along with the use of drugs. It just seems that there are waaaay to many idiots out there that would only end up abusing the drug and hurting themselves or someone else while under it's influences.

However someone had a good point (sorry I don't remember who) when they said something like, "How can the government tell me what I can and cannot do to my own body?"
This is a good point and I believe this is why this subject is so debated. The government should nnot have the right to tell me what I can and cannot do to my own body, however the government has the obligation to protect me from dangerous situations (drunk drivers and the like). This is where the problem is... Should the gov't prevent use of marijuana at all so that I am safe, or should the gov't allow use of marijuana becuase it is wrong to tell me that I can't do something to my own body that doesn't affect anyone else?

I guess what I am trying to say is that the marijuana plant has many helpful uses and applications in society however, the legalization of marijuana would present another means for people to be injured or killed, and thus is not in the best interest of the common person.

p.s. I would be all for the use of marijuana for common applications like paper and all that good stuff, but making the drug illegal. But that's a whole 'nother can o' worms.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Grow your own and keep your money out of the hands of the true terrorists.
We all know who brings the vast majority of the drugs into this country.
We all know who profits most from keeping pot illegal and thus on the 'black market'.

Not only would legalization take money from the hands of the smugglers, but it would take money from the cotton, paper, and DRUG companies.
Imagine if people found out they dont really need to spend $185.00 a month on prozac when they can get almost the same effect from a PLANT THAT GOD PUT HERE and they can grow for them selves.

I have said it before, the government has no more right to tell me i cant grow pot then to tell me i cant grow carrots, or tomatoes, or anything that is natural.

Also one point that needs to be brought up is the fact that the current pot laws are a convenient way to keep a large portion of the population in check.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   
No offense Hoppinmad1, but it was choice to do the heavier drugs and drink and you chose to, don't blame the MJ on your own weak willpower.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join