It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get off my bus, I need to pray

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
That guy should definitely be fired.

On another note, I find it funny how they specify he was a "white Muslim convert." I wonder if this story would have even been reported if he were not a white convert and a Middle-Easterner.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
That guy should definitely be fired.

On what grounds?

I use busses as my main form of transport in the UK and have had many drivers pull-up to answer their mobile phones, yet there was no complaint from the passengers, so what's wrong with pulling the bus over to answer a call from Allah?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

so because they were in a building and not on a ranch they are no longer civilians??

a civilian is a civilian is a civilian no matter where they are standing.....

also they do try and kill as many civilians as possible with the hopes of it reaching the target (whoever it is). The more people they kill the more attention it gets.

on the topic of the bus driver though, who cares if he wants to pray, let him. That is his right, but he shouldn't be telling people to get off of the bus though as they pay for those busses both through taxes and fares, if he doesnt like it then he can get another job where people arent depending on him to get them to their destination as quickly, safely and on schedual as possible.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mcyeah
f he doesnt like it then he can get another job where people arent depending on him to get them to their destination as quickly, safely and on schedual as possible.

You obviously haven't travelled on busses in the UK then.

They'll get you there safely, but the other two points?...don't make me laugh!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by zero_cool1990

Al-Baqara 2 65-69
In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Thats the title on the page any way it has the arabic printed next to it the sameas the quran.www.quranexplorer.com...
Click on the link and search for Al-Baqara 2 65-69.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

so because they were in a building and not on a ranch they are no longer civilians??

a civilian is a civilian is a civilian no matter where they are standing.....

also they do try and kill as many civilians as possible with the hopes of it reaching the target (whoever it is). The more people they kill the more attention it gets.

A civilian that has committed murder is tried and imprisoned; in some states sentenced to death.

someone deemed the trade center and defence department "appropriate" targets

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
that doesnt make sense, you comparing innocent unsuspecting civilians in a building to civilians who commit murder???? wtf?

of course they are tried and punished, some sentenced to death but what does that have to do with terrorists blowing themselves up in crowded markets or flying planes into buildings??

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by citizen smith

your right i havent.
I dont live in a big city or anything far from it (40,000 people or so) but 95% of the time our busses here are running smoothly and on time.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

that doesnt make sense, you comparing innocent unsuspecting civilians in a building to civilians who commit murder???? wtf?

of course they are tried and punished, some sentenced to death but what does that have to do with terrorists blowing themselves up in crowded markets or flying planes into buildings??

Perhaps the "social institution" that is the WTC, Pentagon, et al. commits murder?

Perhaps someone wished to show that if you associate with those institutions... you might blow up.

One might suspect, terrorism is not about blowing up lots of random innocent civilians...

but more so, about blowing up groups of semi-specific, not-so-innocent civilians involved in "unholy" alliances with, deemed, corrupt institutions; targets.

You know... like nuking a large Japanese city because the workers were involved in manufacturing weapons...

oops those were just textile mills...

damn.

existentially yours,

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Throbber

How about the driver do his JOB! I got on the bus because it keeps a set schedule. I needed to be at a certain place at a certain time. Except for an "act of God", or traffic delays beyond the drivers control, I expect to be taken by this bus to my stop on time.
If I were a patient in an operation and the surgeon says "OK, everybody stop, I have to pray now" I would kick his a** out.
If I had any person working for me and they did this while on the clock they would be fired immediately.
Let's get real people. You can have your religious beliefs and practices but don't expect others to change their routine just for you.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by Muundoggie]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
Except for an "act of God" [...] I expect to be taken by this bus to my stop on time.

Well, just look on it as another form of travel insurance!

At least if you were late on this bus then it must have been by the will of Allah that you were destined to be late

[edit on 6-4-2008 by citizen smith]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join