It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get off my bus, I need to pray

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Get off my bus, I need to pray

www.thesun.co.uk

A MUSLIM bus driver told stunned passengers to get off so he could PRAY.

The white Islamic convert rolled out his prayer mat in the aisle and knelt on the floor facing Mecca.

Passengers watched in amazement as he held out his palms towards the sky, bowed his head and began to chant.

One, who filmed the man on his mobile phone, said: “He was clearly praying and chanting in Arabic.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
more of the story

After a few minutes the driver calmly got up, opened the doors and asked everyone back on board.

But they saw a rucksack lying on the floor of the red single-decker and feared he might be a fanatic. So they all refused.

The passenger added: “One chap said, ‘I’m not getting on there now’.

“An elderly couple also looked really confused and worried.

“After seeing that no-one wanted to get on he drove off and we all waited until the next bus came about 20 minutes later. I was left totally stunned. It made me not want to get on a bus again.”

The bizarre event unfolded on the number 81 in Langley, Berkshire, at around 1.30pm on Thursday.

Like the people on the bus I wouldn't have got back on that bus either. Personally I think the guy should be fired. If your unable to do your job due to personal matters than its your personal problem of finding a new job.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 31-3-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

i would like to know where he got ready for prayer
since one must ozu first or take a bath before starting pray.

i smell something fishy about this person and this is the Sun we are reading here the worst tabloids in the UK with the Mirror and Star

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Welcome to the world os Propaganda, if you dont get enuff suport from telling light lies.... then why not just create some news worthy sources that back up what your trying to say.....

You would not of been a bus driver if everyday you need to pray at a certain time seeing how that time would DIRECTLY conflict with the times in which your taking kids or other folks home or from place a to b....

plus like was mentioned, they need to wash their hands and feet, an remove shoes kneel on a mat facing mecca, they will even bring Wet naps with em to cleanse if need be.. but this guy seems completely out of his element....

Im declearing Shananagians!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I'm glad that people in this day and age are diverse enough to recognise they're hearing arabic when someone speaks it, and not just assuming they're speaking arabic because they're praying to mecca.

What's next - People exclaiming "It's a plane, it's a plane!" whenever one goes overhead?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Theres a video on the web page of him praying with the bus doors closed. That gives it some support of being a true story. How he washed himself I don't know.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Trance Optic

New York cabbies who are muslim refused to give certain people rides.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
This reminds me of a story that was in the news recently. Wasn't it Muslim taxi drivers in Minnesota or someplace that refused to take people who had alcohol in their shopping bags .. and refused seeing eye dogs as well?

I can't remember ... but I'm sure someone will and they will link it ...

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

New York cabbies who are muslim refused to give certain people rides.

Massive difference between private cab drivers and state public transport though.

If its true then its disgraceful and dangerous for inter-faith dialogue. This driver acted irresponsibly while on duty. They ought to fire him if its true.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I'm in total agreement...nothing more than propaganda bollocks!

I just watched the cam-phone clip on The Sun's site...

I can hear all manner of sounds from the environment, but no sounds of any other passengers, and no image of them either. Nor could you hear any Arabic being spoken...

The comment about the rucksack and passengers refusing to board upon seeing it is just more fearmongering at its finest...

The Sun? I wouldn't wipe my arse with it let alone read it!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Lmao off first off it says white people cant be muslim in the kuran something about white devils but um sure muslims why not

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Lmao off first off it says white people cant be muslim in the kuran

Can you cite an online source to back that up please?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Lmao off first off it says white people cant be muslim in the kuran something about white devils but um sure muslims why not

I think the entire Caucasus would beg to differ.

Bosnia is wholely comprised of white muslims, which is what caused the war there with Serbia vs Nato's coalition of the willing in the first place.

The koran only has references to "jewish and christian devils" as far as I am aware, though even this is contested.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

The Sun? I wouldn't wipe my arse with it let alone read it!

Come off it, Striker is the best strip cartoon ever and it's good for horse racing tips,
, however, apart from that I tend to agree with you.

If this is true, and it is a very big IF, then disciplinary action should surely be considered.

As for NWOmaskedman's statement that The Koran states that white people can not be Muslims?

You not heard of Cat Stevens then?
He's the most high profile one that I can think of off the top of my head.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I like how the one guy says 'he was clearly speaking in Arabic'.

Clearly speaking in Arabic did you hear that? Obviously a terrorist. Take him to gitmo!

Seriously, why talk about Arabic like it's some satanic chant or occult language? Cripes this country is just itching with religious stigma...

If the guy really kicked people off his bus, he should be fired. Simple as that.

Instead what we have is an instance of people flipping out because the man was a Muslim and dared chant in Arabic in their presence
Give me a break. Terrorist angst is strong with us.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Well, i respect that bus driver for praying and his dedication. This is something he has been doing all his life and he will continue to do so and people should respect that. I have a muslim in my family and he and his parents go thru the ordeal everyday of this prayer because it is what they are taught to do.

I dont think the prayer takes all that long and it makes time to stretch your legs outside and have a cigarrette or get some fresh air. I think people should be more toletant of these things. REally.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

One cannot help but wonder how such bystanders would react upon seeing a protestor self-immolate himself.

Hmm, perhaps instead of "Diversity" i should have said "Cluelessness".

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Can somebody translate this into English, please.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Couldn't he have timed his prayers around his bus route, or the bus route around his prayers?

I'm all for religious diversity (not that I think we need religion, but as long as it's out there, keep it fair), but if someone's religion is interfering with their public work, then something has to change. It's not like a bus is a luxury people can do without. Chances are if you're waiting for a bus, you need it. Especially in Langley :-P

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Regular prayer is a major tenant of Islam, it's kind of hard to work around, but it's possible. It's far easier in Muslim countries where time slots for prayer are the norm. It fits in like a coffee or cigarette break.

It's really not a far out idea. If the bus driver wants to prostrate and do a prayer in 30 seconds, he should be able to find a way without kicking people off the bus.

I am under the impression that the man was trying to pray and people were giving him flack... which is expected. We are Americans after all. After receiving what he felt was religious discrimination, maybe the bus driver decided to give everyone the boot.

He is still in the wrong. But this story is an obvious attempt to highlight religious differences and for God's sake, just look how they mention 'the man was clearly speaking Arabic'. It's obvious that Muslim behavior is being treated like terrorist behavior...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join