It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Film To Show Dolphin Slaughter To The World

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
This article almost brought me to tears (and Im at work where crying is'nt necessarily a good thing). I can't believe that human beings are acting that way.

I don't know if I'll be able to watch the movie if it ever comes out in my city, but I may have to just to support the folks that risked their lives to get these actions on film.

Im so disgusted, I just don't know what to do with myself. I can't believe human beings act that way. And from what I gather, there's so much mercury in the dolphins that they can't even be eaten so it seems like a complete waste for them to kill the dolphins.

That picture of the little dolphin leaping into the rocks just broke my heart and made my eyes well up with tears. I need to go take awalk, I'm just devastated.

Tela

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Deliberate cruelty degrades the human spirit in whatever form it takes. It may be part of Japanese culture, but every society has cultural practices that have been abandoned over time. We don't draw and quarter people anymore here in the west. If cultures can outgrow "cruel and unusual punishment"for humans then the next step is to treat sentient creatures with equal care. And the next step is not to kill any living thing except for food or for other necessity, and then to do it as humanely as possible.

I think this dolphin slaughter would be opposed by many people around the world no matter what culture was guilty of it. It seems especially disturbing when the culture practicing it is considered in all other respects a highly civilized one.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Sestias]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

But they are killing the dolphins for food!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thought

So that means they need to be killed in the harshest way possible? Due to the mercury, they may not even be a very safe or smart thing to eat anyway. Maybe that's nature's way of telling us NO! Did anyone ever think of that?

Of course not, because it's a "cultural tradition" and these sorry disgraces for human beings use that excuse because they see dollar signs in front of it.

Your earlier post is a poor comparison. Sharks and other animals kill dolphins to SURVIVE. WE kill dolphins to make money. Dolphins aren't necessary for our survival, and even if they were, killing them in the most brutal disgusting ways we can think of isn't necessary for our survival.

Stop making excuses for these pathetic people. Their actions can't be defended.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NovusOrdoMundi
reply to post by thought

So that means they need to be killed in the harshest way possible? Due to the mercury, they may not even be a very safe or smart thing to eat anyway. Maybe that's nature's way of telling us NO! Did anyone ever think of that?

Of course not, because it's a "cultural tradition" and these sorry disgraces for human beings use that excuse because they see dollar signs in front of it.

Your earlier post is a poor comparison. Sharks and other animals kill dolphins to SURVIVE. WE kill dolphins to make money. Dolphins aren't necessary for our survival, and even if they were, killing them in the most brutal disgusting ways we can think of isn't necessary for our survival.

Stop making excuses for these pathetic people. Their actions can't be defended.

Arg. Poorly reasoned emotionalism. The risks of mercury toxicity are overblown. A huge percentage of what the Japanese eat is loaded with mercury because it comes from the sea. If mercury was really so bad all of Japan would be blathering idiots by now. And...why is this the harshest way possible? It's killing with a high degree of training and with specialized equipment to swiftly end the lives of these dolphins.

On the issue of necessity. No, it is not necessary for the sharks to kill dolphins. They could also kill fish or seals. However, they make dietary choices much in the same way the Japanese make dietary choices.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
The reason they beat them first is because it is said the dolphin meat taste better when adrenaline is released, hence the beating. Of course I don't agree with it, just so you know though. I think it is horrible. I can see how someone can argue though it's like a slaughter house but with cuter animals being killed. Killing these dolphins for money is the same as Bill the Butcher killing a cow for your burger. Can you imagine what an American slaughter house looks like to a person from India?

I wish I had an HD camera when I was in Iraq, maybe more people would care about women and children being treated the same way as these dolphins.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by dark_matter06]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have told my kids over the years, that Tuna tasted better when I was a child because it had more Dolphin in it. Tuna just doesn't taste the same any more.

There will come a time when you can still tune a piano but can't Tuna fish....

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I say expose the sickness, whether it's Abu or slaughtered dolphins...get it out on the net and let people see what we are doing. I love dolphins, but this kind of cruelty and gereral depravity is widespread and being inflicted on all sorts of animal species, as well as humans of course.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by hinky
Tuna tasted better when I was a child because it had more Dolphin in it. Tuna just doesn't taste the same any more.

Odd response hinky. I suppose you prefer Manatee McNuggets?

I have told my kids over the years....

I realize that in some cultures, they allow family members to marry, I just didn't realize they allow them to breed.

There will come a time when you can still tune a piano but can't Tuna fish....

Sense-of-Humor failure.

Sorry to everyone but I can't stand idly by without responding.
I suspect a moist diaper.

regards........kk

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I regret having taken this thread on after lunch. I'm feeling a little queasy right now.

My first reaction wasn't sadness, it was anger. Someone once asked me for proof that Dolphins were intelligent. I told them that 'proof' like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder. I watch these slaughters and wonder, what would keep and intelligent species like the cetaceans from just killing every human they see in the water - who would expect less?

I am, however, hard-pressed to understand 'our' bias (and I admit freely that I am guilty of it.)

We seem to brutally mistreat very nearly every animal we consume. I understand that these creatures have 'been on the menu' in that neck of the woods for hundreds of years (if not thousands.) So how can we say this is 'barbaric'? I seem to recall a great many non-carnivorous members on the forum - so they can take the moral high-ground with near impunity, but I am a true omnivore, so I guess being upset over this makes me a hypocrite. Granted, I don't beat the living crap out of my food (at least not until it's dead) but what these folks are doing can't be called anything other than cruel and horrific, but is it any more so than boiling a live lobster?

I won't deny, even if the manner of their demise were somehow 'humane' I still wouldn't be comfortable with the idea of their consumption. I guess that makes me foolish from a logical perspective. In this regard, I relish being a fool.

[edit on 31-3-2008 by Maxmars]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join