It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplainable Debris

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
reply to post by ArMaP

why would NASA be interested in filming debris? It makes little sense that NASA would film bits of ice particles and separated parts of the shuttle just for fun…

Many reasons. Debris has been responsible for two catastrophic failures. It would be important to make sure everything coming from the shuttle is supposed to. How debris sheds off different systems is in itself is important for future designs. It could also be a sign of something working or not. If debris from something else, it would be helpful to make sure it is mapped.

Of course they film them to make sure they are debris, and not what you think they are sometimes too, I suppose.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrayFox
Well, there's one extraordinary thing to me. It's the first video where it appears as if someone is attempting to shoot down a "UFO". I still don't understand that one. I mean, there's more than one strange thing happening within a few seconds. Why would the thruster being fired cause something to shoot up? I kinda understand the thrust pushing the first object away, but why does that 2nd object come flying up at amazing speeds.... through just about the exact spot where the other object was seconds earlier?

I still don't understand that. Anyone have an explanation?

Also, I found another interesting video. I don't think it was posted in this topic yet, but I could be wrong. The video is from STS-114
www.youtube.com...

2:19
The UFO (whatever it may be) moves relatively fast, slows to a stop, then moves back in the same direction it came. Not only that, but the camera starts to move away from it, as if it's not supposed to be recorded!

We need to pick out the meat and not focus on every little thing. A lot of the stuff is debris and ice, but that doesn't mean there's nothing else there. So we need to find the most impressive anomalies from NASA footage.... not the stuff easily explained away.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by GrayFox]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by GrayFox

It's very difficult to get a 3 dimensional idea of what's happening with a 2 dimensional video. I don't know exactly what I'm looking at in the video, but it looks like the earth's horizon in the lower part of the picture with many different shiny objects.

My best assumption is that this is another perspective issue, with the moving object passing by the camera at close range and away from the shuttle never changing vector, but not moving fast enough to escape the field of view before it starts to get left behind.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

What video are you talking about?

The video that I was talking about was the one with the tether, and that was the reason for the video, the tether.

If you are talking about any other video then I don't know which one, so I can not express myself about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   

The video that I was talking about was the one with the tether, and that was the reason for the video, the tether.

Yeah sorry my bad..

"Here’s something you should think about – why would NASA be interested in filming debris? It makes little sense that NASA would film bits of ice particles and separated parts of the shuttle just for fun…"

Regarding this vid –

[edit on 9-4-2008 by andre18]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:05 AM
link   
does anyone no when NASA stoped sending footage to the public and why?

i think it was in 1995 when this footage was taken

makes you think

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

As I said before, I don't think that video (that looks like a compilation from several videos, maybe from different missions) shows any ice crystals or debris, except in this image.

As for the separated pieces, the only reason I see is that they may video those events to analyse the behaviour of the involved parts.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
One last thing ArMaP, as you’ve clearly explained how the objects whizzing around outer space are debris and ice particles, then why (regarding the start of the vid) are there debris/ice particles filmed in the sky? Not in space but moving around in a blue background…..

If these objects are simple bits and piece from space, then why is one of the objects not moving while the others are, obviously if they’re falling then you’d clearly see all three objects moving and not only moving but in the same direction. Both the objects moving are actually moving in different directions – how can this be…..?

If they were in space I suppose you could identify them as debris or ice particles but clearly they’re not….and also, since these three objects are in the sky and not in outer space they are clearer and noticeably white and are obviously not ice particles…..

ArMaP I’ll leave it up to you to make some sense out of it if you can…

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Have at look at my thread here this was discussed before time and time again, most people are in denial.

STS Footage - dead set proof of life in space...

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by seridium

I remember seeing a documentary a while back with a guy from Vancouver who recorded all the NASA footage and talked about these objects along with other very fast moving objects that he found only in single frames. The film was very convincing to me at the time and I had no reason to disbelieve it. But the more I've looked at it, they seem less likely to be UFOs as enthusiasts portray them to be.

I would not consider myself to be in denial because that would imply that I place fear or some sort of negative connotations on UFOs, which I don't. Maybe I should, but up to now I have no reason to.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
One last thing ArMaP, as you’ve clearly explained how the objects whizzing around outer space are debris and ice particles, then why (regarding the start of the vid) are there debris/ice particles filmed in the sky? Not in space but moving around in a blue background…..
I know that not having English as my natural language, never have had English classes and never speaking it makes my grasp of English a little frail, but I thought that I had specifically said "I don't think that video shows any ice crystals or debris".

What part of that did you not understood?

PS: Is that the same video as in your previous post? If it is, why?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Well then what do you think they are?

And yes it's the same vid - my reason was to point out the significance of the beginning of the vid where objects are moving in a strange way in the sky....

So if you'd be so kind to debunk those objects as something other then intelligently controlled objects, then we can finally get somewhere...

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

OK, here is what I think about some of the objects seen in the video.

I don't think these objects are in the atmosphere, the blue disappears when some setting is changed on the camera, and from what I have seen of the way video cameras work, this blue may be just because of the way the camera works.

As for what those things are, the only "mainstream" explanation of which I can think is that they are satellites. It's possible, but I don't know if it is true.

I don't see anything that shows that they are intelligently controlled (there are no changes in direction or velocity) but as I can not identify them, they are UFOs.

The object in the middle of the image above looks like a meteor, but I can not be sure.

I think the objects that appear after (marked with a red circle) may also be meteors, I don't see anything that makes them look like anything else.

The last part of the video is the most interesting.

While I think that some of the objects that we can see are meteors (like the one circled in yellow), there are some that look like they were attracted by the lighting storm (the ones circled in red).

The bigger one looks like it reached the upper atmosphere and, being unable to enter it (for reasons that I do not know and for which I do not have any theory) but still attracted, gets squashed against the atmosphere.

That is visible when, some time after, the camera zooms on it, still in the same place above the lightning storm and just on what looks like the upper limit of the atmosphere, unable to enter it.

What are those things? My guess is as good as anyone's because it is just that, a guess, I don't have anything on which to base even a theory.

And my guess is that they are some kind of plasma, the way they look and their behaviour makes this a possibility.

Could they be living organisms? Maybe, I don't have any reason to say that it is impossible for life to exist on space or on the higher levels of Earth's atmosphere.

Could they be extraterrestrial vessels carrying intelligent life forms that control them? Maybe, but I think it even less likely than the living creatures version, it would have to be a non-rigid vessel to behave in the way we see it on the video.

Edited to add:

Even when I think that it is possible that those things are under the control of an intelligent being that does not make me think that they behave in a way that only an intelligent control can explain.

When I see an plane flying at high altitude, its movement does not show any evidence of intelligent control, although I know that to be the case because I know what the object is, its behaviour does not show it.

[edit on 12/4/2008 by ArMaP]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Does debris move out of the way of something being shot up from earth as if avoiding being hit as was shown in one of the videos of the NASA feed?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join