It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we all go on strike???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
For a long time I have asked my family and friends...........

What would happen if all americans on day X started driving on the highways and just drove until we ran out of gas? Just pull over and stop, pack a cooler and maybe even a tent and just hangout with fellow americans.

No one fill up, no one get anymore gas just drive until you can't drive anymore. EVERYONE, truckers, city workers,moms, dads, just pull over.

April first is good for me anyone else in?

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Can you imagine what kind of turmoil this would create?

I've thought about this also. No sending children to school, no one going to work except for the medical workers and those that work to supply power and essential services.

It would definitely send a message to the PTB.

It would probably never get off the ground as most people don't have the intestinal fortitude to get out of their comfort zone.

A strike would be good but I'm not big on driving till I run out of gas. It would create a vulnerable feeling to be stuck and and have to depend on someone to furnish gas for all to return home.

I'd certainly have to be armed to the teeth to protect against those that would/might take advantage of helpless people on the highways.

It's a start. Maybe you can come up with a workable plan.

I'm in.

Dizzie

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

I've been thinking of the nationwide strike idea for a few weeks now and it's possible outcome.

I can see many of losing our jobs as they are being move overseas or we are replace by illegals working for less than min wage.

You know the wealthy would never support us in this strike. They would be happier by having to pay cheaping labor cost by replacing us as we go homeless and hungry.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I actually dont think illegals would scab.

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Ok I can understand not wanting to run out of gas.

But maybe just park on the side.

However I like the idea that someone will have to find a way to get all those cars off the road and it would have to be goverment. Well and reading what I just wrote that wouldn't be good either.

So what then??? What can we do???

Come on fellow ATSers ideas please.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomataprice
What would happen if all americans on day X started driving on the highways and just drove until we ran out of gas?

Well, you'd probably just end up in the worst traffic jam in history, for starters...

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

However I like the idea that someone will have to find a way to get all those cars off the road and it would have to be goverment. Well and reading what I just wrote that wouldn't be good either.

And how exactly would the government do that? Who do you think makes up the government? Robots?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
This would never happen because most people are living day to day or paycheck to paycheck. The governments loves these people because they depend on their jobs to get them through the week. Only the people who have the money and resources would be able to do this and they want their money they worked hard for, so they'll keep working to keep their lifestyles big. Funny how a worthless peace of green paper like the dollar can control us.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
if all the citiziens in whole world went on strike then what about the docters who need to help sick people and the people who mantain the hospital wont be able to clean the tools and the floors wont be clean people will become more sick entering the hospital then coming in

and if evryone stopped buying petrol and just used it up then when they finaly used evry last bit what would happen if someone got injured and need to go to the hospital and no one could drive because there's no petrol in the cars

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Dark_Ace]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   

You don't think you would get a towing bill for this? If I was a tow truck driver, this would be the day not to call in sick!

There was a thread about this, last month I think. In order for some sort of strike to work, it would take a lot of planning, and co-operation.

Just the members of ATS participating wouldn't work. How are you going to get the message out to the masses?

new topics

top topics

join