It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did humans coexist with Dinosaurs? any evidence suggesting, maybe?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Yep! Sorry to disturb your indoctrination. It is possible that some Dino may be alive today. You've heard the stories.
What makes you so sure what Dino looked like. They change them regularly! Have admitted, they're only guessing.
Seems to me, you view scientist as your priesthood!
Any way, thanks for maintaining good humor!

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

It is possible that some Dino may be alive today. You've heard the stories.

Yes, and when somebody comes up with some good solid evidence, I'll be ready to believe them.

What makes you so sure what Dino looked like. They change them regularly! Have admitted, they're only guessing.

Well then, how do you know what dinosaurs looked like? The only pictures you've ever seen were based on scientific reconstructions. Such reconstructions have changed over the years as new knowledge, gained from new fossil discoveries and closer study, modifies the picture. You're right, we don't know exactly what dinosaurs look like; but we know a lot better than we used to. The fact that the carving on that stela looks like a now-outdated idea of a dinosaur is a pretty good indication that it is not meant to be a dinosaur at all, but something else.

Seems to me, you view scientist as your priesthood!

May I ask how this untrue and insulting statement helps your argument?

Any way, thanks for maintaining good humor!

It isn't easy when you make remarks like the one just above, but my purpose in contributing to this thread is to make intelligent people think twice about the claims you're making. Telling you how silly I think you are isn't going to help that purpose, is it?

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   

May I ask how this untrue and insulting statement helps your argument?

Well, you seem to accept the paleontologist portrayals without question. Wouldn't that be giving priestly attributes to your scientist?
Sorry about my insulting wording. I could have been more tack full.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Tack less

Originally posted by Howie47
Well, you seem to accept the paleontologist portrayals without question. Wouldn't that be giving priestly attributes to your scientist?

Sorry about my insulting wording. I could have been more tack full.

You mean tactful, not 'tack full'. The insult is not in your words but in their content; there is no way to phrase it to make it less offensive. It may be difficult for a religious person (as you evidently are) to comprehend this, but to accuse a rational, free and inquiring mind of unquestioning belief, of swallowing arguments from authority, worst of all (ugh!) of worship -- these are stinging insults.

You haven't the faintest idea how I come to my opinions, so kindly don't pretend you do. You don't know what questions I have for palaeontologists; you simply assume, because you know no better, that I have none. You're wrong there, but you're right in assuming the question 'were stegosauri living eight hundred years ago in the Khmer kingdom?' is not one of them. If you knew enough -- not just about palaeontology but about biology, history, geography and a few other things besides -- you would realize that it is a very stupid question. Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago and that's that. You and your creationist friends may wish to believe otherwise, you may convince yourselves of it for all I care, but you are simply wrong and that, too, is that. The evidence is in, the arguments are over, the matter is decided and everybody has gone home. The case is closed.

The question 'what is the creature portrayed in such-and-such a carving on such-and-such a stela in the temple complex of Ta Prohm?' is not stupid. It is a reasonable question and even, in its way, a fascinating one. But that is not the question you asked, and it has nothing to do with this thread. In any case, it is a question on which -- you will be pleased to learn -- I do not have an opinion.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Dinosaurs died out 65 million years ago and that's that. You and your creationist friends may wish to believe otherwise, you may convince yourselves of it for all I care, but you are simply wrong and that, too, is that. The evidence is in, the arguments are over, the matter is decided and everybody has gone home. The case is closed.

Science never makes such an unequivocal statement about any theory.
Such a statement is dogmatic in nature.
Your stance isn't based on the preponderance of all the evidence available. You have ignored evidence that doesn't fit.
As A Einstein said , "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts".
Hopefully he was mocking how some scientist work!
Like the ceramics of Acambaro, which were authenticated on several occasions by the mainstream scientific community. Then later disregarded when or because dinosaurs were included in the collection. The logic your using is, the stegosaur in question can't be real, because they disappeared 65 million years ago. This is circular reasoning.
This is how biased thinking ruins the critical thinking process.
My eyes aren't as good as they used to be. But thanks for the typo correction. Maybe you should stick to that. Science just doesn't seem to
be your forte.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Let's Please address the topics and not each other.

For those that don't know the drill, by heart.

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

Mod Note: Civility and Decorum are Required - Please Review This Link

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jbird

That's fine, Jbird, and I agree. In any case, I've already said all I need to here.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

Wow. That made no sense at all. You're equating the total loss of any dinosaur fossils after 65m years ago with a carving of a stegosaur? By that logic Jurassic Park means dinosaurs exist to this day.

There's no discussing this topic with someone who equates a carving with actual evidence.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

We already co-exist with Dinosaurs. Children at a 4th grade education level in Science already know this.

A global flood is not impossible. Especially during a global pole shifts. In fact, there are situations like a pole shift, or the passing of a nearby planet (Planet X situation) where it would be impossible not to have a global flood.

Unless they mean birds, then children in the 4th grade are almost assuredly wrong. There's a lot of things that are largely untouched by time around, but not dinosaurs, to the best of anyone's knowledge.

A global flood is indeed impossible, as are global pole shifts, if you mean an actual physical shift of the earth's crusts. Magnetic pole shifts happen periodically on a geologic timescale, and, in fact, we're about due for one now, but the idea of the earth's geography basically flipping for any reason is hilariously stupid. A magnetic pole shift is exactly what the name would indicate. It may leave us (and especially our satellites) more vulnerable to radiation from the sun, especially during solar flares, but it probably won't be too spectacular.

And not only is planet X / nibru comparable lunacy in itself, but there's no possible outcome of a close encounter with another massive body that'd flood a planet, save for us getting run into by a huge, planetoid made of ice, where, maybe, after blasting a huge ring of debris into orbit giving our planet the appearance of Saturn for a few million years, and certainly wiping out all life that doesn't reside inside rocks, we'd have a global flood. THAT WOULD NEVER END.

While there's nothing impossible about it, it does seem a bit unlikely that dinosaurs survived to sometime in the past 100,000 years or even up to this very day.

It might have been plausible in the 1920s and earlier, ala the modern movie adaption of King Kong, but we've got the world mapped out pretty good nowadays, save for the deepest rainforests and the depths of the ocean.

The large, prehistoric sea critters like Ichthyosaurs and plesiosaurs and mosasaurus were not dinosaurs, but rather ginormous aquatic reptiles. Not that it makes a difference to the topic at hand. I'd put the odds at zero for something living in loch ness, and unlikely for a population out in the ocean. There's nothing physically preventing it, but there's no credible evidence either, and so there's not really any reason to believe.

as for dinosaurs surviving to the time of man, I'd also put that as unlikely. We haven't found any out of place dinosaur fossils on any continental landmass, they're all quite well separated from man, as predicted. While populations could have survived, perhaps on remote islands, we've never seen such a thing. Much as I'd like dinotopia to be real, it's extremely doubtful. We've got the world's land pretty well accounted for.

You need a good sized population to keep a species alive. At least a thousand members is ideal. Frankly, there aren't a whole lot of places that could support a thousand of any of the larger dinosaurs, without us noticing.

It'd be a great day for biology though, if we found it. We could finally know many details of their anatomy, like their skin and circulatory and respiratory system. It would strengthen the case of evolution, if it were confirmed that they were related to modern birds.

As for all the mentions of the bible, only creationists believe that sort of thing. For what it's worth, the catholics aren't into that sort of literalism, nor are several of the more mainstream denominations. Mostly it's a very loose, questionable interpretation by people who claim to be literalists, trying to fit something science told them to a preconceived belief, so they can feel justified at blowing science off.

I

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mdiinican]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Try Goggling "Dino Tracks". There are billions of Dino tracks to be found on the surface of the ground; all over the earth. Many are found along river, lake and sea banks. Sometimes the tracks appear on river
bottoms, during dry seasons. Some of these rivers have sharp twist and turns which the tracks, follow. What is so revealing about this. Is that fact that many of these water ways are only 10's of thousands of years old!
Paleontologist either ignore this, call it coincidental, or offer up odd scenarios to explain it away.
Just check out parks that have Dino Tracks. They will often say how they follow different streams or along lakes. If they haven't been corrected by the Evolutionist. Which want to cover up that fact.
P.S. Dino's weren't every place. Just like men today don't worry much about getting attacked by lions, tigers and bears. People in Florida, swim by the 100's of thousands, with sharks! Attacks are rare. Although sharks will try and eat just about anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Howie47's black dinosaur stones are rather well-known fakes. They've become a bit of a cottage industry now, apparently. His Cambodian 'stegosaurus' is some local boar or maybe a Borneo rhinoceros, but it certainly isn't a stegosaurus. More here. But at least Howie47 is trying.

Two poor Peruvians were sitting around discussing how to make some money. This was back in the late 19 century. One said to the other, "Hey,
those Europeans are always looking for ancient artifacts. All the real ones
have been found, So let's make some." The second one said, "great idea,
hey! maybe we could carve some pictures on these river stones!".
"What shall we carve?" "I know, " said the first, " Those Europeans are really enthralled with Dinosaurs. Let's draw Dinosaurs." So they went down to their local store, and bought a Comic book, that had Dinosaurs pictures.
They copied them onto their rocks. They carved a few, but unfortunately discovered it was against the law to sell antiquities. So they started giving them to a local doctor, who seemed to like them. They liked making the stones so much,
that they continued making 15,000. Finally they discovered by marketing them as genuine fakes, they could sell them to the tourist legally.
Today there is a factory near Lima Peru, that manufactures, replica stones,
to sell to American Christians. It employees hundreds and can be found on
the stock market. NOT!

[edit on 18-4-2008 by Howie47]

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Dinosaur figurines of Acambaro, Mexico

Thousands of these ceramic and stone figurines were dug up in the 1940's. the date isn't in question. Books have been published on them as
far back as 1952.
Mainstream science must debunk the authenticity of this collection, because it has hundreds of dinosaurs depictions included. They say that
they were carved by villagers in the 40's. who copied from comic books or movies. However the actually artifacts look very much like modern anthropologist depictions, of the same. In fact look at the Iguanodon, which wasn't even correctly depicted unto recently. Notice how the artifact, (known to be older then 1950) has the Iguanodon's tail correctly raised in the air! For a history of this subject, read here

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Howie47

'Dinosaur figures of Acambaro, Mexico'

Another completely debunked hoax.

Just like the Peruvian ones.

[edit on 19-4-2008 by Astyanax]

posted on May, 26 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No, I don't believe that dinosaurs coexisted with humans, provided that by "dinosaurs" you mean the stereotypical t-rex-ish creatures. It's depressing that the populace can be swayed by a creationist-vehicle idea which clearly does not have enough proof to be accepted (as it has been). A couple photos of footprints, a book or two by crazed religious "biologists", and an inherent willingness to accept anything which will validate the myth of a god should not be enough to even put a dent in the fender of a wealth of fossil evidence.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Well to me if dinosaurs and man coexisted there would be some bone evidence. im sure it would take alittle longer then 6000 years to fossil bone although i cannot say for sure just like they cannot prove the footprints in texas are human, Human evolution according to anthropology says man was shorter and stockier then know so why would the footprints be 16 inches long i am average height and wear a size 10 and my bare foot measures 10 inches. The way i see it if there were authentic verifiable proof besides crack pots and personal interpertaions or religous beliefs the public would be overly enthusiastic and there would be more then a few websites offering info, but i think because they have no proof they cant offer any more info.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Did humans coexist with Dinosaurs? any evidence suggesting, maybe?

no it is only a creationist idea

christians trying to prove the bible is true

apc

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by mdiinican
There's nothing physically preventing it...

Actually there is. Food.

It seems the religious people want dinosaurs to have coexisted with man to support a young-earth notion. Not surprising as it would be a required assumption to support the idea. However such a belief is easily disproved by the existence of natural nuclear fission reactors discovered in uranium mines. An example of such a reactor is Gabon, West Africa. Using the half life of U-235, this particular uranium deposit can be dated to 2-billion years. That is, of course, unless God saw fit to place already depleted uranium in the ground for some reason.

Dinosaurs coexisting with humans... heh. Ever see the movie Alien? We would have been an easy meal for the carnivores. Only rodents and other small mammals that could easily hide were able to escape dinner. It is the death of these reptiles that allowed for our furry ancestors to come out from their burrows and flourish. Some smaller dinos survived, but fortunately all we have to fear from them is getting pecked to death.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by apc]

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

if you're going on about the modern-day birds to dinosaurs link; that's like me saying that because i have a friend who's german, i'm hanging out with adolf hitler.

dinosaurs are no longer around; and thanks to modern-day humans, in no time at all, a whole lot more species won't be around either.

end of story.

posted on Oct, 7 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
while i dont know if human lineage goes as far back as the actual age of the dinosaur but there have been many many artifacts none as "anomolis Artifacts" that predate by many thousands of years the earliest known rock strata that should contain man made objects

www.forbiddenarcheology.com...

grooved sphere from South Africa

"A metallic sphere from South Africa with three parallel grooves around its equator (photo courtesy of Roelf Marx). The sphere was found in a Precambrian mineral deposit, said to be 2.8 billion years old."

www.forbiddenarcheology.com...

ancient letters from a quarry

"Raised letterlike shapes found inside a block of marble from a quarry near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (Corliss 1978, p. 657; American Journal of Science 1831, vol. 19, p. 361). The block of marble came from a depth of 60-70 feet in strata dated 500-600 million years old."

Another very interesting fact is that we have found remains of sophisticated civilization in the americas long before we believe man to have made the journey even pre dating the city of jerico which was thought to be tyhe oldest city in tthe world. These ruins are called Tihuanaco dating back 17000 years ago.

www.youtube.com...

great topic OP

CW out!!

[edit on 7-10-2008 by constantwonder]

[edit on 7-10-2008 by constantwonder]

posted on Dec, 6 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

It is amazing how a bunch of Christians can just stand up and tell thousands of Ph.D scientists that they are wrong, disagree with years of research and study, just because a book that had been doctored by many leaders over the course of these 2008 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join