It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

280 Drawings of unidentified flying objects investigated by MUFON-CES

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
These are drawings from sighting reports collected by MUFON-CES Germany which have handled UFO reports across Europe.

Bear in mind that they only cover reports up until 1999 so they are not a definitive sample but they do show how diverse UFO's can be in size and shape.

The webpage unfortunately is in German and contains graphs that indicate the numbers of different types I would like to see them in English as the comparisons would be interesting.

Do you recognise anything here ?

Source

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Great post Sherpa. I love looking at this stuff. Some of the shapes look almost "Rubik's Cube" like in their appearance. One could make a world map with times and places of the sightings, and match them up with similiar craft sightings.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Starred and Flagged! Good Stuff Sherpa!

I always like to see the disparity in different types of encounters and the various types of craft witnessed. Eyewitness accounts and diagrams make for fascinating reads IMO.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I have tried to interpret the graphs by running the webpage through babel the legends are unaltered because they are part of the image but I will include what I think is the relevant text that goes with the graph.

Temporal distribution of the electromagnetic and gravitativen reciprocal effects (EMG), which entered following investigations

Which the UFO phenomenon makes so badly estimatable is the multiplicity of the sighted forms. Since 50 years witnesses in all world observed approximately 1,000 different UFO forms. MUFON CES codes uFOs after ten classes:
1. Balls, balls, round forms
2. Saturnfoermige of objects
3. Hemispheres and Kugelkalotten
4. Oval objects
5. Cigars, spindles, cylinders
6. Disks with and without cathedral
7. Triangles, boomerang, squares, lozenges, lights in triangle formation
8. Geometrical forms and rays of light without source
9. Unusual forms
10. Formations, groups and impossible courses of lights

The following diagram shows the proportional distribution of the UFO forms sighted in Central Europe. The a organization of the classes was reduced for comparisons with other distributions to 7

R. story set up the proportional distribution of all 931 reports over close sighting from all world, collected by Jacques Vallée

It is noticeable that the distribution hardly changed for more than 30 years - with an important exception: For approximately two decades increases triangles sighted. In 1/7 (of MUFON CES collected) of the cases the UFO was more near distant as 50 meters

What I find interesting is the increase in triangle sightings is that significant ?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

Translation of the stats:

Distribution of the UFO-cases investigated by MUFON-CES between 1970 and 2001

Distribution of the UFO shapes registered by MUFON-CES
10 hemispherical
13 Saturn shaped
16 geometric shapes
19 cigar / cone shaped
19 oval shaped
38 irregular shapes
49 triangles / quadrangles
79 balls / orbs, lights
86 discs

The following diagram shows the proportional distribution of the UFO forms sighted in Central Europe. The a organization of the classes was reduced for comparisons with other distributions to 7

R. story set up the proportional distribution of all 931 reports over close sighting from all world, collected by Jacques Vallée

It is noticeable that the distribution hardly changed for more than 30 years - with an important exception: For approximately two decades increases triangles sighted. In 1/7 (of MUFON CES collected) of the cases the UFO was more near distant as 50 meters

What I find interesting is the increase in triangle sightings is that significant ?

I'm not sure if I understand this part correctly, however, "näher als" means "closer than".
This means, we have the 174 MUFON-CES cases distributed like this:
38 encounters closer than 50 meters
91 encounters closer than 300 meters
128 encounters closer than 1000 meters
174 encounters closer than 3000 meters

I hope this translation helps.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

So are the pictures "artist renditions", sort of speak? The drawings are extremely similar to each other in style, as if made by one or a few people. If this is the case, its deceptive as its not really what the witnesses saw, its what MUFON-CES think they saw (or wanted them to see).

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka
reply to post by sherpa

So are the pictures "artist renditions", sort of speak? The drawings are extremely similar to each other in style, as if made by one or a few people. If this is the case, its deceptive as its not really what the witnesses saw, its what MUFON-CES think they saw (or wanted them to see).

I'm sorry I do not know the answer to that, the information on that website is in German.

If you speak German you could try emailing MUFON-CES direct Here

I hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Swordbeast

Yes that does help thank you !

Do you have anything to add on the other graphs ?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VisionQuest
Great post Sherpa. I love looking at this stuff. Some of the shapes look almost "Rubik's Cube" like in their appearance. One could make a world map with times and places of the sightings, and match them up with similiar craft sightings.

Thanks VisionQuest.

A world map would be a great idea with coded symbols representing each UFO shape.

All I can provide at the moment though is a generel view of sightings for Europe and the US originally put together by Larry Hatch these examples are not the original size becuase they are from another website HERE.

The reason for this is apparently Mr Hatch had a health issue in 2006 and he is recovering, my best wishes to him for a speedy recovery, hence his website is down.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Starred and Flagged! Good Stuff Sherpa!

I always like to see the disparity in different types of encounters and the various types of craft witnessed. Eyewitness accounts and diagrams make for fascinating reads IMO.

Thanks DimensionalDetective.

I would agree delving into a few sighting reports always is fascinating.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Great Post Sherpa!!

Guess this kind of confirms the existence of many different groups visiting. Or maybe not?. For a minute imagine a UFO being like a car, we all have different types, models, sizes, colors, etc. What if UFO`s are not national or institutional craft, but more like private vessels for any purpose that the owner might see fit.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Camilo1
Great Post Sherpa!!

Guess this kind of confirms the existence of many different groups visiting. Or maybe not?. For a minute imagine a UFO being like a car, we all have different types, models, sizes, colors, etc. What if UFO`s are not national or institutional craft, but more like private vessels for any purpose that the owner might see fit.

Just a thought.

A good analogy afterall you would not go off road in a city car and similiarly if you had to haul freight you would't use a saloon car, in fact you would not use a car at all, you would use a truck or an articulated lorry.

For instance take the triangle ufo they seem to range in size from 30ft to 700ft and in some cases even quoted as "the size of a football pitch"!, so maybe they are built to the method of fit for purpose.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
My two favourites are the UFO that looks exactly like a USB drive and the one that looks like a sandwich. Plus the UFO that was flying upside down must have been lost.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Awesome, I've never seen so many UFO drawings together at once.

Definitely deserves a flag.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Very interesting. My favorite would have to be 9.8 which looks like a giant flying Easy-Bake Oven. As for the maps you posted I find it interesting that a lot of sightings seem to happen on the coast, which could be support for USOs, although it could also be due to population density.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa

that UFO in the top left of the pic you posted, the one with the legs, reminds me of a UFO I saw in Israel last summer that I sketched:

I always enjoy getting a chance to post my pic just in case anyone else has seen one that looked similar.

The only thing I've seen so far that resembles what I saw was that Brazilian UFO footage. THREAD
But I think we came to the conclusion the one in that video was more than likely a balloon...

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I particularly appreciate the drawings of children, who I believe. It is also apparent that Arrow Dynamics are not a factor for most of these craft and with a few exceptions they are for local transportation Vs galatic. I saw many UFOs in the sky during my recent visit back home in the Texas Hill Country NorthWest of Austin...moving at incredible speeds, making 45 degree turns and reversals (these were not planes or balloons or comets, although I saw plenty of those, including 4 falling somethings that burnt up as they came down). Here in California, we can not see much at night because of all the lights.

Love the drawings.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Drawing 1.50 looks like what I witnessed for 45 minutes, minus the blue flashing lights and plus one orange light.

I created an avatar out of what I saw.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I have seen the second one on the first list, going from left to right.

That was in the Netherlands, I did not see the bridge between the objects though.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MajKarma

The city lights don't matter, especially if they are up close. Maybe too close.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join