It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says Iraq war was worth it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Bush says Iraq war was worth it

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - President Bush says he has no doubts about launching the unpopular war in Iraq despite the "high cost in lives and treasure," arguing that retreat now would embolden Iran and provide al-Qaida with money for weapons of mass destruction to attack the United States.

At least 3,990 members of the U.S. military have died since the beginning of the war in 2003. It has cost taxpayers about $500 billion and estimates of the final tab run far higher. Nobel Prize-winning economist Joseph E. Stiglizt and Harvard University public finance expert Linda Bilmes have estimated the eventual cost at $3 trillion when all the expenses, including long-term care for veterans, are calculated.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yea it was worth it, thanks alot.

No more favors please Mr Bush....Iraq Coalition Casualties

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 18-3-2008 by earth2]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Of course it was worth it...to him.
He's made no sacrifice!

I saw a news show on tv the other day.
A American iraqi national was talking how the different factions are just laying low for now and rearming.
He thinks things will heat up again soon.
Seemed pretty smart.
The other guy from the bush camp saying everything's gonna be fine, looked like an idiot.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Bush looks at the war like an investment.

He didn't have to use his money to fund it, it was the taxpayers money.
But he and his friends are set to get one heck of a return.

Multi-million dollar returns on investments you didn't spend a dime on? All you have to do is become president.

I refuse to call the man human, a human would have hit a moral line at some point along the way.
Explaining morality to Bush would be like trying to teach quantum physics to a mentally handicapped child.

Pathological liars really tick me off.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Naturally it was worth it to him and his cronies. The MIC (military industrial complex) has done quite well! I saw $4.10 a gallon for supreme gas today. Yeah worth it you betcha! Dick Cheney is inspecting the spoils in Iraq today!

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

How many more dumb things can this pres of ours say before he leaves office? He doesn't know how much gas costs, how to run a baseball team, how to find oil in TX and most of all how to run a country. He did a great job by becoming dictator, I am impressed with how he pulled that one off. Maybe he just had to pretend to be stupid so the other stupid people could understand where's he's coming from and vote for him not once but twice. Yet another reason to be proud of this country these days. Good thing to know the Iraq war is worth it, it's not over yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
As long as it was worth it for HIM. I guess no one else in the world matters to Bush. Im completly disgusted and outraged by this mans complete lack of morality.I truly believe that President Bush has misled not only the United States but the entire world. He is a cold-hearted, greedy and mean old man.

My opinion about the war doesnt matter though. My opinion about how much George W. Bush f*#ed up the United States and several other countries doesnt matter, because George is happy with the job he has done. He is satisfied with his sorry, miserable and failed attempt to do good in this world.

I think that any idiot can see that war is not the way to peace. Apparently George W. Bush is not ANY idiot.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I flagged and starred this thread. It brought out some raw anger that I havent felt about dear old Georgie in a while. I dont get angry easily,but somehow Dubya knows just what to say to get me shooting steam out my ears. Nice thread. Thanks for bringing it to my and my fellow ATS'ers attentions.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Its netted those sick psychopaths many millions, of course

the horses ars is happy and its all worth it.

I cant imagine a more hateful individual. I just cant even comprehend it.

WHOEVER SAID HE SAYS THESE THINGS TO PEEVE US OFF, IS SOOOOO CORRECT.

[edit on 18-3-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
That piece of # I have a brother in the Army serving in Iraq. Bastard sacrifices nothing to the war and it's worth it to him? # you Bush! You are going to pay a high karmic price for this for long after you leave this world!

Your own savior will see to it.

Burn in hell. And everyone who follows you.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

I don't really have much to add as the above posters have summed up my opinion quite well.

I'm glad almost 4000 American soldiers and billions of dollars of US taxpayer money was worth it to you.

Its not like you felt the pinch or anything.

Jackass.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by earth2

I don't really have much to add as the above posters have summed up my opinion quite well.

I'm glad almost 4000 American soldiers and billions of dollars of US taxpayer money was worth it to you.

Jackass.

Believe me, you added alot. I cant wait until the day Georgie Porgie is out of office once and for all. I thank god for the law that only allows him to be president twice. If you think we are screwed now, just imagine what the world would be like if Dubya had a third term

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
It "WAS"????

Does that mean it's over???

I love the logic....we can't leave because then Iraq will have WMD's!!! Um...I think sticking to the "We can't leave because we made this mess and we have to help straighten it out" line might get a better reception. The shine is off the "stay the course" mantra...they need something better.

Fool me once, shame on you
Fool me twice, shame on me. (It's easy W...say it with me!)

And McCain is ramping up the rhetoric to follow in his footsteps. Now all we need is a nice little suitcase bomb and we're all set.

I think Betty Boop said it best, "Ooooou, you nasty man!"

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

gimme_some_truth wrote:

"I thank god for the law that only allows him to be president twice. If you think we are screwed now, just imagine what the world would be like if Dubya had a third term
"

With the descimation of our given, written rights and laws, are you even sure that law is still in place? What makes you think the 'vehicle' is not already in place for this admin. to remain in office... one way or another. I do hope I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

gimme_some_truth wrote:

"I thank god for the law that only allows him to be president twice. If you think we are screwed now, just imagine what the world would be like if Dubya had a third term
"

With the descimation of our given, written rights and laws, are you even sure that law is still in place? What makes you think the 'vehicle' is not already in place for this admin. to remain in office... one way or another. I do hope I am wrong.

very interesting point. I didnt thik of that. I think if Georgie pulled something like that there would be one hell of an uprising against him. People are to fed up to put up with his crap for much longer. If he did that he would either get impeached or there would be one hell of a revolt against him.
So im going to go out on a limb and say that he didnt do that. It just wouldnt be worth the consequences for him.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Some times I think that mankind should have rules that 'leaders' such as Mr. Bush must follow. Eample:

After helping a country like Iraq and leaving office, that leader is required to retire and live in that country. If he really believed he was doing the morally correct thing and helping to create better environment for the locals then he should have no problem living in the fruits of his work.

[edit on 3/19/2008 by roadgravel]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

Jackass.

Please, lets not forget the 90,000 iraqi civilian deaths. Somehow they get lost in the topic.
Its tragic the little chimp thinks the war is going well and big Dick doesn't care that most Americans don't support it. They are so in-your-face arrogant it makes me sick. They really, truly don't give an S about the people they work for. Makes you wonder... "Worth it to whom Bush?"

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Bush looks at the war like an investment.

He didn't have to use his money to fund it, it was the taxpayers money.
But he and his friends are set to get one heck of a return.

Multi-million dollar returns on investments you didn't spend a dime on? All you have to do is become president.

I suppose you have some evidence that Bush has/will personally profit from having started this war?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I haven't forgotten about the Iraqis/Afghanis civilian (or otherwise) casualties in our foreign wars.

However, I was trying to point out the fact that our leaders really don't care about our own citizens, what is going to make them care about other people?

I love how people say "Support the Troops," yet they have no problem with the troops being shot at and killed.

Who really is supporting the troops? Those who are pro-this war or anti-this war?

I'm no pacifist, but I believe we are causing even greater harm to the stability of the Middle East by being "over there."

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Cheney's stock in Halliburton went up, not to mention all of his oil buddies are reaping the benefits of a "free market" system in Iraq.

Follow the money trail...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join