It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you own IR equipment....? (UFO challenge)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm a new member to ATS but i have read alot in the forums over the past few weeks. Many posters claim that it is a fact that UFO's and others are here and now in abundance and an especially interesting claim is that they can be seen through the use of IR equipment on a regular basis.

SO... I would like to pose a challenge to anyone in possession of IR video and/or photo equipment.

Take a photo of one and post it in this thread. Be it a UFO, ALIEN, SPIRIT or DEMON - I don't mind but it has to be taken by IR and preferably by yourself or a close friend. Location, time and equipement info would also be interesting. (I'm really exited to see what comes out of this)

PLEASE NO DISCUSSIONS WITHOUT PHOTOS/FILM! THERE ARE TOO MANY OTHER GOOD DISCUSSIONS HERE ALREADY ON THIS SUBJECT.

xxx
Unconditional Love and Light to All

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I am a bit dissapointed - i would have expected at least 1 taker.
So I'll bump this again and see if anyone bites.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
No reason to bite, I have been meditating on this idea for a long time.

I wanted to make a setup of two/three identical DV camcorder, one recording visible, one near IR and one near UV spectrum, simultaneously each with a near full field lens (>170 deg wide).

My problem is that I do not have necessary location to accomplish this because living on the top floor of an apt. building does not give me much of a view in this "concrete jungle" when there are other taller buildings blocking the horizon.
And somehow I doubt my landlord would appreciate me putting contraptions on top of their building either, hehe.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I would like to get some IR equipment but the buget is tight right now. Jaime Maussan had a demonstration of this theory. Maybe it was the Mexican Airforce footage?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Mexican Military used FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) which is beyond our grasp, unless you have really really deep pockets.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by amigo

www.x20.org has a lot of infrared cameras for sale, but I can't find any FLIR cameras. Do you know where to find them?

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Never mind.

I found some.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
If there's anyone who has an "unlimited" budget, there is only one choice, the FLIR camera, but not just any one will do, it must use the latest technology for the sensor, such as the barium strontium titanate (BST) technology. These are necessary for the pilot who flies often in low light conditions. They really pay for themselves when trying to navigate strange airports in the dark, they block the visible lights while showing everything around you clearly. Plus they also work day or night, you can point them directly at the sun without damaging them.
Instead of the 450–750 nanometer range of the visible light camera, infrared cameras operate in wavelengths as long as 14,000 nanometers (14 µm). They can see through haze and mist. Thermal energy passes through smoke, dust, modest foliage and light fog. But the best thing about these cameras is their ability to completely ignore all visable light, exactly what is needed for the average highly illuminated night time UFOs. The image would show the shape of the craft no matter how bright it's external lighting. The price, $15,000 and up.

Forward Vision website

This link points to a HUGE 44 meg divx file, the video shows a plane landing with the FLIR system, the visible light version of the same scene is shown in the corner, notice how the runway lights can not be seen, only thermal differences are seen, not light.

Video (high Bandwidth) 44mb

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It has also been speculated that certain UFOs can only be detected at shorter wavelengths, such as in the UV band. The military primarily funds research into "visible-blind" and "solar-blind" UV photodetectors (at least US$5m annually according to this DoD presentation), ostensibly for such applications as:

all-weather aircraft landing technology, improved space situational awareness, and space asset protection to support theater missile surveillance, chemical and biological agent detection, improved satellite communications, and environmental monitoring as part of Space Force Enhancement.

The source of the above quote can be found here.

State-of-the-art UV imagers used by the US military and NASA are probably based on GaN, ZnO or diamond solid-state devices. The former has been extensively developed since the mid-70s and can be configured for multi-spectral detection, see here, here, and here. I suspect commercially available UV imaging instrumentation is at least a decade behind military systems.

PS: "solar-blind" UV imaging is of interest to detect any possible UV emissions from a UFO during daylight conditions (as otherwise any signal would be masked by UV-A and UV-B background radiation from the sun).

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
There has already been quite alot of threads covering this subject here at AboveTopSecre.comt, perhaps the forum moduerators should make one of them into a sticky post?

Digicam: What feature best for filming UFOs?

Sky Watch Project!

Let's do a experiment with UV and IR cameras

Need a little help (Infrared UFO Video Camera)

Build Your Own UFO Detecting Binoculars!

How to see UFO's in 1 Easy Lesson

Infrared Cameras~Seeing UFO's

Ufo's in Infrared/Ultraviolet

..and probably a few more.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Ok I'm trying to bump this again - and re-iterate that i am not interested in a discussion on how to or what equipment. I really just want people to post ther images ...se above

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Here are some of my images of "aliens".
And here's my technique:
I wait until late at night where I announce that I'm about to begin a recording session.

Then I wait for a high pitch buzzing sound which indicates to me that "they" heard me and are now there.

Then I turn on my webcam and direct it at a blank wall from the other side of the room.

In the field of ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication), the technique that I use is called The Direct Method because that's all it is, turning on the cam and simply directing it at a blank wall or a blank reflective surface i.e aluminum foil or a static tv screen or I direct the cam to a blank black unplugged tv screen.

For those ones showing in the "slide-show below, those anomalous images/beings were captured after me directing my cam at a blank white wall under different lighting conditions.

I don't know what they are but it's my guess that they could be ultra-terrestrial-like beings. The beings of folklore. If you are familiar with Jacques Vallee's book "Passport to Magonia", then you might have a better idea as to what these beings are.

Found this one by the floor:

[edit on 27-3-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Spooky pics Palasheea! They kinda remind me of the "Ghost Writers" that they featured on the old "Sightings" show many, many years ago. Kind of like a visual version of the EVP.

One technical question though... Did you use brand new factory tape in your camcorder each time to make sure the image wasn't polluted by something previously captured on the tape... or are you using digital storage?

Cheers, IRM

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All I use is a cheap webcam that I have connected to my computer.
Currently I'm using a Logitec webcam -- I like this one that I'm using now because it zooms in whenever the cam detects a "face" while the cams in "record". It's got that zoom feature in it.

I record the short movies and then view them in Windows Movie Maker, frame by frame to see if anything shows up.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So whats needed, after reviewing this post, is:

• A standard camera with decent pixels or 35mm (so we can see what is there)
  • An IR camera (to see heat signature etc)
  • A UV camera (incase they use short wavelength)
  • ALL pointed in the same direction
  • ALL set up to photo together
  • A convenient UFO

Not too much to ask for really

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
While I'm at it, just thought I'd show this short movie here. It's another movie of mine where some anomalous images showed up. Just showing it because I not only get images of strange creatures but also get other kinds of anomalous images too that are seen on playback. The one I'm showing in this post is by far one of the most interesting ones I've recorded -- but have some other ones that are interesting also.

The following short movie was recorded a couple of summers ago. It was late at night and there was a big electrical storm out over the lake -- I live up on the top floor of a high-rise where my balcony overlooks Lake Erie.

I thought it would be fun to take a movie of all that lightning that was out there at that time so I turned on my webcam (connected to my computer by a long ext. cord) and walked out to the balcony to film it.

But then when I viewed that movie on playback (in Windows Movie Maker), I noticed that there was an EYE on the non-reflective vertical blind of my balcony sliding door. That EYE was actually SHIFTING ITS GAZE (I'm not kidding, look at the video) as I was walking past it out to my balcony.

I had my webcam on record but at that time was holding it in my hand while walking past the vertical blinds of my balcony sliding door out to my balcony. The cam in my hand was faced toward the blind that I was walking by out to my balcony.

More specifically, that EYE was following me as I was walking past it to my balcony!! Due to the storm, it was windy out there too and the blinds were also blowing along with it.

It was very dark out there at that time at night too. Below is that short movie where I also got some good lightning shots too..The EYE on the vertical blind is at the very beginning of this movie followed a second or so later by a lightening flash seen over the lake which can also be seen in this clip..
I just put this on a You Tube page:
I slowed the movie down so that EYE could be seen better. Also lightened up the movie too.

Here's a short animation of it that Eye on the Blind... I took screenshots of that Eye from the movie and inserted those frameshots into an animation. Only showing it this way for those to see what I'm talking about... that that EYE is actually shifting it's gaze as I'm walking past that blind out to my balcony. The EYE was following me!!

Here's another short animation where I outlined that Eye in red.

And finally -- here's a screenshot of a frame from this movie. After adjusting the contrast of this frame, I was to find more on that vertical blind than just the EYE!! There's an image of what looks like a bearded man in the section above that EYE. There's also a line above the EYE that looks like it could be a head covering... like a veil of some sort.. the image of the bearded man is on "her" veil.
See below:

I admit that these anomalous images do have a religious theme to them... so it seems. I'm very amazed by this but should add that I'm a religious agnostic. I don't belong to any church and I'm not a religious person but AM a spiritual one. Since I've recorded this movie, I also got another religious themed recording in the form of an EVP... Lol... maybe someone's trying to tell me something and I can't say that I have not wondered about that.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Its very good capturing, but all I see, until you highlighted the areas, is just shadows and light.

Even now, I'll put it down to shadows and light.

With such grainy images, I would say Rorschach tests are good examples of how the imagination makes people see beyond what's in front of them

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here's my response to your comment:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's one of Dorothy Izatt's images... it too is "grainy" and blurry.. and so were most of her images yet Dr. J.A.Hynek was very impressed by her work nonetheless. He believed that what was showing up in her movies were real beings from other dimensions!

Also read over those comments by JRitzman in that thread to a skeptic like you who dismisses images that are less than National Geographic quality -- in this case Dorothy Izatt's images.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Palasheea

Thank you for the link and I did have a good read through the post.
Despite the reading it though, I am still seeing nothing more than a play of light and shadow on your image.

Youre right, its not National Geographic quality, if it was you would see it for what it truly was, or maybe I would
I will be take a closer look at Dorothy Izatt other pictures and film
I am intrigued by your signature gif though and would like to see the rest of those photos in their entirity (without enhancements if possible)

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Palasheea ...

I do ghost hunting .. but I think I'm going to give your method of finding inter-dimensional beings a try. WOW. Seriously. I'm very interested now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join