It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a little help (Infrared UFO Video Camera)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I'm interested in filming UFO's, so i came on this
site Link
what i found there was the old Videocams are the best for this
issue.
Maybe some of you guys knows a Camera-Model which fits all the
requirements needed to do this. Or is the best to start with.

Must have requirements according to that side:
1: exposure adjustment
2:THE HALFWAY TRICK. On Sony cams the Nightshot switch mechanically moves the infrared blocking filter out of the optical path and switches certain functions off (See Link above)
3: Once you have the correct camera you will then need a Visible Light Range Blocking Filter

Thanks in advance for help.
I hope i'm in the right forum to ask this.
Otherwise move it...!?

[edit on 12-12-2006 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

[edit on 12-12-2006 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Sorry about the single line .....

ATS Thread on Infa-red

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
But you're only be able to see some infrared light this way, if you really want the best result you buy one of these, but then you must be rich...
www.nationalinfrared.com...

But anyway, I have made a guide on how to make a normal webcamera be able to see some infrared light, you might wanna try that:
www.hidden-truth.net...
Also how to make an infrared flashlight:
www.hidden-truth.net...

God luck!

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I bet you don't pick any thing up with IR cameras(ufo-wise).
That video clip that was posted was BS!!!

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Thank's to all for the info.

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I just did this, you can copy my camera setup if you want to.

Sony Handycam DCR-HC94
30 mm IR filter

If you want to film using the nightshot functionality during the day you will need a IR filter to filter away all non-IR light, without this filter much of the sky will be over-exposed in the day-time. With this camera you dont need any physical modification to use nightshot during the daytime, you can also alter the shutter time by selecting "Doppler Effect->Slow shutter" on the menu. The camera has firewire so that you can upload the the film in a high resulution. You can download a raw video of a UFO I filmed with this setup during daytime here:

www.megafileupload.com...

Best of all it is affordable.

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I see a lot of discussion about capturing video within the infrared specturm.

However, remember that all of the spectacular NASA footage capture is done so with cameras capturing in the near-ultraviolet range.

I think that's where the real action is.

Until recently, there hasn't really been any really accessible equipment to capture this, however, there is now a near-UV camcorder available, however it it will hit you back $5000.

Links to information on it:

newsroom.spie.org...
www.ultravioletcameras.com...
www.digitalcamcordernews.com...

Obiviosuly $5000 isn't pocket change for most, but I think this is really where the next level of capturing UFOs.

Now we just need it to be afforadable AND HD.

It won't be long before we the technology is cheap and everyone is capturing this stuff.

delius

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by delius
I see a lot of discussion about capturing video within the infrared specturm.

However, remember that all of the spectacular NASA footage capture is done so with cameras capturing in the near-ultraviolet range.

I think that's where the real action is.

Yeah that might be, but what's cool about a decent IR camera is that it detects all heat over the absolute zero point and if these UFOs generates heat then you should be able to see them. And you also have the most decent night pictures without need for light sources or light amplifier.

Until recently, there hasn't really been any really accessible equipment to capture this, however, there is now a near-UV camcorder available, however it it will hit you back $5000.

There is also many cameras on this page capable of filming into the UV:
sales.hamamatsu.com...

It won't be long before the technology is cheap and everyone is capturing this stuff.

Let's hope that, but I believe this technology will always be very expensive especially if you want some decent stuff to capture UFO's (camera capable of detecting most wavelengths).

And if I ever get some high thech stuff like this then I'm going to take a trip to Hessdalen. www.hessdalen.org...

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrappedSoul
And if I ever get some high thech stuff like this then I'm going to take a trip to Hessdalen. www.hessdalen.org...

It's about an 8 hour drive from where I live (Oslo), I might do that some day

new topics

top topics

join