It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Tried to Cover Patriot Act Abuses With Flawed, Retroactive Subpoenas, Audit Finds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

FBI Tried to Cover Patriot Act Abuses With Flawed, Retroactive Subpoenas, Audit Finds

blog.wired.com

FBI headquarters officials sought to cover their informal and possibly illegal acquisition of phone records on thousands of Americans from 2003 to 2005 by issuing 11 improper, retroactive "blanket" administrative subpoenas in 2006 to three phone companies that are under contract to the FBI, according to an audit released Thursday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well, how odd...

The FBI is going around the law? Who would've thought...

Oh, and the above is not the worst of it. Read the last paragraph on the page:

The report also shows that the FBI is increasingly targeting citizens and green card holders, with more than 11,517 requests in 2006 targeting U.S. persons, while Non U.S. persons were targeted with 8,605 requests.

Now THAT my friends, is scary.

blog.wired.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Hmmm, so the Feds are concentrating more and more on US citizens, abusing their power, and I've already moved off the first page?

Once again people, the Feds are breaking the law, and then just fixing the paperwork.

How does this not strike anybody as particularly wrong?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
To be honest its nothing that new as to what the whole government has been doing since the start of Bush's term and even earlier. We've been pushed, prodded and poked by various experiences and have been met with more negative consequences than positive. Although its sad to see that the FBI would do it, I guess its true that anybody can be corrupt.

top topics

join