It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Smoking A Way Of "Control"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
smoking is it a way of mind control as its still on our shelfs for no reason really does it really do anyhting i see many ppl smoking and thay say it does them good i havent ever smoked 1 before so i wouldent know but if smoking is bad y is it still on the shelfs does it control ppl to buy it to calm down and think its doing something or what . now days i see kids as small as 12 smoking wene i was 12 i used to sleep early and eat nice foods what is happening in this world i dident even know what smoking was back then its become out of hand

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

1493 AD Rodrigo de Jerez became the first European smoker in history. One of Christopher Columbus's fellow explorers, he took his first puff of the New World's version of the cigar in Cuba. When he returned home he made the mistake of lighting up in public and was thrown into prison for three years by the Spanish Inquisition - becoming the world's first victim of the anti-smoking lobby!

1000 BC People start using the leaves of the tobacco plant for smoking and chewing. How and why tobacco was first used in the Americas no one knows. The first users are thought to have been the Mayan civilisations of Central America. Its use was gradually adopted throughout the nations of Central and most of North and South America.

6000 BC Tobacco starts growing in the Americas. Tobacco in its original state is native only to the Americas.

Link

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You know how smoking affects your body – it increases risk of cancers, heart diseases, stroke, etc. It doesn’t choose its victims – it has no respect for class, gender, or race. It strikes whoever is nearest, making no distinction between the smoker and the innocent nonsmoker.

Link

isent anyone learning from ads or anything these days and the people who smoke around ppl need to be moved or banned so thay dont we need the law to lay it down just the other day i was i nthe train and some dirty hooker was smoking inside the train and i dident want to say anything because i know she will try smash me she looked very street style hooker lol but it was filfty i was looking @ her and she said do u mind i am like nope smoking needs to stop

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The smoker is indeed a dangerous lot. A smoker cares not what anyone else thinks and is openly resisting totalitarian controls. The must be exterminated. All who resist must be... .....Oh nevermind that was the Borg.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
The smoker is indeed a dangerous lot. A smoker cares not what anyone else thinks and is openly resisting totalitarian controls. The must be exterminated. All who resist must be... .....Oh nevermind that was the Borg.

we should have a tough law on smoking smoking should be band everywere exept some places like out the front of homes.

smoking should be band in alot of public and prvt places.

like wene thay banned smoking from clubs its become so amazing i used to go to clubs and like the whole air was all just smoke i used to think it was a smoke show then thay banned it and now its amazing the air is so nice its clear and wene the smoke comes its nice lol

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
You know why they want everyone to stop smoking? It's so that the mind control drugs they spray in the air will have better effect on the majority of the populace since they noticed that the smokers are too adapted already to their airborne toxins and will not be as affected when they'll start to activate them by ionising our athmosphere

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why get people to quit smoking? If it away to control someone.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
Why get people to quit smoking? If it away to control someone.

tru tru got a point but it needs to stop as in ppl need to relise it i dont know y thay havent yet have u guys seen the youtube video do u guys have it in america? commercials of what smoking does to u?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by icblue
You know why they want everyone to stop smoking? It's so that the mind control drugs they spray in the air will have better effect on the majority of the populace since they noticed that the smokers are too adapted already to their airborne toxins and will not be as affected when they'll start to activate them by ionising our athmosphere

i rekon drugs were designed from the goverment to do what it does today and its working

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
dude this is pissing me off just reading this.. sorry but I think that tobacco isnt really that bad for you as PEOPLE WOULD LIKE FOR YOU TO THINK (mind control?). I'd say its like the 500+ chemicals they put into the tobacco that has made it such a bad thing lately.

I've read that poeple who have smoked in the past have noticed the change in quality and taste of cigarettes as the companies have started to add the chemicals throughout the decades. I recently switched to additive free (none of the nasty stuff) and its a whole different thing. No headaches/bad effects/tastes feels better. AND I AM A HEALTHY GUY, I DO ALOT FOR MY HEALTH, TO SAY THE LEAST!!!!!!!!!! its just those other cigarettes would hurt me and these REALLY DONT

Pretty much people get addicted to all sorts of the different chemicals (500+) rather than JUST nicotine. This is the problem as people have smoked like that other guy said for like thousands of years. Don't forget to mention they like to grow the tobacco on radioactive soil or use radioactive fertilizer or something like that.

I mean the Native Americans of old smoked tobacco and they seemed to be very in touch with human anatomy and the earth. I think the majority of second hand smoking related deaths are more-so linked to the car, plane, non-quality food, and whatever else is floating in the air/our bodies. WITH ALL THE THINGS GOING ON AS OF LATELY NOW MORE THAN EVER IS A TIME TO JUST RELAX AND SMOKE A DAMN CIGARETTE.

Parasites are mind control. TV is mind control. Pretty much anything and everything today is mind control you just choose what you like maybe. I'm sorry if I or somebody smoked near you once in your life.

O AND did you know in nazi germany they banned smoking before it all went crazy? HMMMMM

Pretty soon life will be illegal

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
this is such a ridiculous post

why not ban alcohol or heavy meds as they alter your perceptions

Im a pipe smoker, do i feel controlled?

uh no, I dont have to smoke but I like it alot

being that I smoke a pipe its not as often as I did when i smoked cigarettes and even then a pack lasted me 4 days or so.

what do you think the point of control is exactly with tabacco?

i still wish there was smoking areas in bars but maybe just altered to be more ventilated

i smoke and i dont like alot of smokers in one room

thats just me

tabacco will never go away

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by pues wholigan

natural smoking i dont mind ppl doing that but chemichal designed is bad ima against that man

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

thats diffrent from the above post the chemichal type smoking is bad but if its a natural type thing i dont mind humans smoking that and alchole humans can make them selfs thay cant control us i make my own alchole @ home so i know its not controling

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Before they said that second hand smoke can kill. My aunt never cough one single time. But after where,she cough when she smell it.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Okay, let us for a second assume the obvious that smoking is indeed controlled by a group of men who aren't nessecarily politically motivated who seek to profit from the fact that they have a highly addictive drug that everyone can use.

Almost like T.V.

Now consider the way that the issue of smoking has become intermeshed politically and no one seems to be able to bring finality to the issue.

It wouldn't be far-fetched to consider that there is a possibility that smoking is way out of control by looking at the simple environment that smoking has expanded into.

For example; It is established that about a billion people living smoke tobacco in the form of the simple cigarette.

First let's take a closer look at your randomly selected cigarette brand, such as Lambert & Butler, which is part of a conglomerate industry known as Imperial Tobacco Group.

Simply by looking at their website you'll note that their Net Revenue is in the region of One Thousand Million pounds.

This isn't even a major brand either - Amusingly The largest tobacco company in the world accounts for 30% of cigarettes per population, but it's in China.

Wherever you go, it's likely you'll have roughly between two-sixths and three-eigths of a chance of running into someone carrying a cigarette - provided you believe in statistics.

Yes, i think it's quite safe to assume that smoking is a method of control.

A simple way of highlighting this is to picture a scene in which a younger schoolkid is surrounded by smokers - his friends, even.

He ends up smoking - but why?

What is it about smoking that encourages popular (and not so popular) schoolkids to do it?

Perhaps this wasn't the best way of highlighting how smoking acts as a tool of control, but maybe some people can see what i mean.

Potentially i could outline the psychological effects of smoking on the chemistry of the body - Chemical Psychology, in otherwords.

Smoking is something that makes people lose control, yes.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Throbber]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
nicely said man i rekon see how kids get into smoking @ a young age thats one of the ways it controls ppl it gets into there head that we should do it to fit in or because to be like others i nthe community or for ppl to look @ u and thay would think u are bad.

in a way its wierd

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
What kind of control specifically are we talking about? Control your mind? control your actions? I believe it could be part of "population" Control. In 2004, the #1 cause of death were heart disease and #2 was cancer. Cigarettes lead to both of these symptoms.

As long as there is a surgeon generals warning label on cigarettes, they don't care, and smokers don't care. It says right on the box. Smoking causes Lung Cancer, Heart disease, Emphysema and may complicate pregnancy. With blatant warnings like that, people still smoke.

It's crazy how the government knows it's bad for you, knows it will kill you, "is" the #1 and #2 causes of deaths.Yet something like marijuana is illegal and causes none of these and has never been a leading cause of death in all of written medicals history.

aaaahh the world we live it, ain't it grand?

But to say it's a form of mind control? that's a little far fetched. Everyone has there vices, whether it be a twinkie every morning, an apple, a soda every day, a cigarette after a meal, a glass of wine with dinner.

[edit on 2-3-2008 by RandomThought]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
contro lof life like purchising death and sociaty become smokers in the large ways kids becoming smokers @ age 12 is this the control we are seeying?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Because Nicotine is a mild depressant. It is far, far, far more superior for people to self-medicate themselves than to have them dealing with the next nanny-state agenda the "morally superior" wish to foster upon the guilbe masses that buy their scare tactics hook, line and sinker.

Facts not told:

Only between 1 in 7 or 1 in 17 (depending on study) of regular pack a day smokers will ever develop cancer.

Smokers that engage in light to moderate exercise are healthier than non-smokers that engage in no to lightly-moderate exercise

Forrmaldahyde, a long time embalming solution, was vented in funeral parlors for years. It also occurs in homes as linoleum flooring and formica glue break down over time. It can kill cells on contact, kills bateria and fungi on contact, is highly carcigenic and is also used as preservative in vaccinations...ready for your flu shot?

Nicotine is broken down by the body very quickly, those that only have a few day versus 1+packs usually do not metabolise nicotine quickly due to a genetic defect in their liver.

Smokers pay more in taxes than non-smokers and have a lower lifespan on a small average by a few years. But then again the the ratio is also equal to non-smokers lifespan differences by the same few years. So it could be argued that smokers use less medical resources than diabetics and various geriatric condtions like Alzheimer's and general falls and broken bones and such requiring continous supervision.

Also since nicotine kills virus and bacteria, smokers suffer colds less often except for broncial infections and pneumonia due to being forced to endure the elements so others can think up new dumb crusades to enforce upon the masses uninterupted by voices of reason such as the new 10 foot law in strip clubs here in Ohio and Georgia residents unable to smoke in their cars because at 65mph a single smoke partical MIGHT enter an air conditioned SUV and be inhaled by a person who might not be immortal and therefore died of second-hand smoke.

As for now, those that start their anti-smoking crap with me while I am walking outside I kindly remind them that I am aware of many laws in Ohio including legal concealed carry laws and aske them which is a greater risk of an immediate life ending event?

No matter the study the easiest experiment can be conducted. Which would you prefer, 40 years sealed in a small garage with a heavy smoker or 40 minutes with a running car? Which has greater odds of survival? Which would have the worst effect after the study was over should both survive?

And for all those wishing to spew their distorted and heavy bias propaganda I'd like to give a specific command involving rope and urine but the T&C prevent me from saying what exactly to do. Perhaps "deep" research at google will provide the needed program to engage in your new mission.

**Sufficently worded to avoid a one-liner**

<<   2  3 >>

join